All Purpose Coronavirus Discussion Part XIV: Enjoy Every Sandwich

Which is greatest and best?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Asnito

Blood Rival to a Briere Simp
Mar 2, 2017
@TheKingPin I agree that it costs a lot to get a drug to market so I have no problem with them making money off of it. I do have a problem with price gouging which this appears to be.

In the middle of a pandemic when people's lives are on the line to charge $4500 for a drug that costs you $10 to make is unacceptable. Think about if during WW2 if it cost GM $100 to make a Jeep but they were charging $45,000 for each one, would that be acceptable?

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
either i am naive or something but i am amazed there are people that think this is all a hoax

There are people who believe aliens have visited the earth, John Kennedy was killed by a secret cabal, a pizza shop in Georgetown was the center of a pedophile ring organized by Hillary and other Democratic pols, and the Protocols of Zion.

HL Menken: "No one in this world, so far as I know ... has ever lost money by underestimating the intelligence of the great masses of the plain people."

Asnito

Mar 2, 2017
Again @TheKingPin the only two notable people saying it is coming from the lab are Trump and Pompeo. There's literally not another functional democracy that is saying that.

The 5 eyes, of which we are a member, are all debunking that so is our own intelligence agencies as well as all of NATO. How can Pompeo say there's overwhelming proof and our own intelligence apparatus saying the complete opposite?

What Trump and Pompeo are trying to do is lay the groundwork for this coming election. He wants somebody to blame.

Asnito

Mar 2, 2017
Talking about the hockey monkey warehouse? Place is complete heaven, itd almost be worth the drive (provided you make a weekend out of it, anyway).

Online shopping has spoiled us a bit, but damn if it ain't easy.
That couldn't be more true. I'm big into shopping locally and supporting local businesses but damn it's easy going on Amazon and having that crap shipped right to your door:(

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I feel the need to set the records straight. And I’m still on Friday.

I don’t understand why the virus had to be made in the lab to come from it? They had a horrible reputation with safety. Couldn’t his statement simply mean that it came from the lab?

Drug companies spend a shit load on making a lot of drugs that never make it. A drug that kills a virus is pretty new. Their Hep C drug may lead to the importance of antibiotics. That take a lot of failure. If you made drug companies not make a profit then we would not have new drugs.

Russia was instrumental in beating down the Germans. There is no doubt that if Hitler let Russia be they would have had enough to take all of Europe including the UK. Maybe even more.

Watch: H2O: The Molecule That Made Us and be thankful for having plentiful water.

Yeah, no. They weren't taking the UK. They didn't have the Navy and wouldn't have had it until the very late 1940s at best. Not sure what that "Maybe more" means, but if it's supposed to be an ominous reference to the US, then that's an even bigger no.

And without invading Russia, the war takes longer. But it still ends in Germany losing superiority in the air and at sea. Oh, and also with them being nuked a lot. We'd have seen what happens when nukes are used on an enemy that hasn't been battered to the breaking point and it would have been ugly.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
I asked for my rep to send me some samples to get through working from home - they were awesome and donated 100 cases of product to our workers in NY - and he said he was "gonna send a few".

20200511_193434.jpg

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
That couldn't be more true. I'm big into shopping locally and supporting local businesses but damn it's easy going on Amazon and having that crap shipped right to your door:(

Anything I can get from local small businesses I do. Ive also been buying gift cards to favorite businesses to use eventually. That being said, I still get a bunch off shit off of Amazon.

Reactions: Asnito

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
Again @TheKingPin the only two notable people saying it is coming from the lab are Trump and Pompeo. There's literally not another functional democracy that is saying that.

The 5 eyes, of which we are a member, are all debunking that so is our own intelligence agencies as well as all of NATO. How can Pompeo say there's overwhelming proof and our own intelligence apparatus saying the complete opposite?

What Trump and Pompeo are trying to do is lay the groundwork for this coming election. He wants somebody to blame.
I remember the 17 agencies that were confirming Russian collusion.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train

Hasn't Germany flat out said they have no idea how they're arriving at that conclusion?

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train

Fun fact, Russian influence and attempts were all confirmed too. You should actually read the Mueller report. When they didn't explicitly charge anything, they explained it's because the DOJ doesn't have that jurisdiction but is instead the job of Congress, which made it a political process instead of a legal one.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014

Actually, no one confirmed Russian collusion.
What they confirmed was Russian interference, and Russian contacts to the Trump campaign, both of which are beyond dispute at this point.
Collusion would have required the Russians to trust someone as dumb as Donnie Jr., and that ain't happening.

As far as the Steele report, my suspicion is it's more on point than can be confirmed (good luck finding Russian witnesses who can fog a mirror), since it is standard practice for the Russians to try to compromise American businessmen. Even the story of Russian prostitutes peeing on the bed used by the Obamas is credible, given the GO's incredible animus toward President Obama and his history of liaisons with shady women (Stormy Daniels, et al). Not sure if that's based on racism, jealousy or both. But it would certainly be in character for the man who "likes to grab p***y," in his own words

Sombastate

Jun 19, 2011
Las Vegas
Talking about the hockey monkey warehouse? Place is complete heaven, itd almost be worth the drive (provided you make a weekend out of it, anyway).

Online shopping has spoiled us a bit, but damn if it ain't easy.

Hockey Monkey is so damn fun. I love it

We don't sell goalie equipment in Vegas. So i always order from Simmons. But with the restrictions, Hockey Monkey makes the most sense

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Hockey Monkey is so damn fun. I love it

We don't sell goalie equipment in Vegas. So i always order from Simmons. But with the restrictions, Hockey Monkey makes the most sense

So are you basically the most valuable hockey commodity outside the NHL in Vegas? How many goalies can there be besides you, Fleury, and Subban?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->