All Purpose Coronavirus Discussion Part X: Are We There Yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
You don’t get to be a multi millionaire by being a dumbass. Plain and simple.
But but he got a million dollar loan from his dad. Yeah, and turned that into millions of dollars.
He actually earned a profit with each bankruptcy.
I’m tired of the voracity posters here and elsewhere jump down his throat.
It’s clear as day that he asked if there was something that we could inject that could kill the virus as if it were disinfectant but the rage you have for him makes you search for shit.
If you want me to comment on any of the things he may have said, post a source. Context matters. He routinely tells a half truth and the media jumps on the incorrect half and have to begrudgingly have to report on what he wanted.

No politics! But orange man bad is still fine.

Screenshot_20200424-185024_Google.jpg

There goes the bolded theory.

Being a good businessman doesnt mean you're smart. Likewise, being smart doesn't make you a good businessman.

Embiid

*Injured
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Home test would be good

‘It is impossible to overstate the pain’: Fight against coronavirus will define our era, Bill Gates says

It will be impossible to return to normal or control the virus in the long term without advances in testing, contact tracing, treatments and vaccines, Gates says — echoing the view of public health officials and epidemiologists around the world.

The Gates Foundation is leveraging its funding and influence to accelerate research and development; many other organizations and companies are also in the hunt. Dozens of new tests are coming on the market, including a rapid diagnostic test that works like a home pregnancy test. Home testing is the best approach to detecting and controlling new infections, Gates says, whose foundation has been pursuing approval for self-swabs that would be analyzed at a central lab.

Amazon recently announced plans to build its own testing lab to screen employees, and Gates warns that other companies are likely to follow suit — which could drive up the cost of testing machines for government labs.

Reactions: Rebels57

FlyingPhilly

Mar 3, 2013
Philly
I am up. .27%

Somehow my Gazprom is still cranking at a 78% gain over what I put in, I'm tempted to sell and go further in on Exxon.
I have joined Beef’s Exxon wagon. Put one order on and a second if the share price drops. The world is still too dependent on oil. The oil surplus and storage issue now will go away and prices will go back up. Currently, there is no cheaper energy source than oil.

Beef, any thoughts on STZ? I’m not knowledgeable on alcohol stocks.

Reactions: Beef Invictus

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
But but he got a million dollar loan from his dad. Yeah, and turned that into millions of dollars.
It’s clear as day that he asked if there was something that we could inject that could kill the virus as if it were disinfectant but the rage you have for him makes you search for shit.
If you want me to comment on any of the things he may have said, post a source. Context matters. He routinely tells a half truth and the media jumps on the incorrect half and have to begrudgingly have to report on what he wanted.

He didn't get to be millionaire because of any talents, he got to be a millionaire because of his daddy's real estate empire. That doesn't take skill. It takes fortunate birth. It's worth noting that he has drastically reduced the value of that empire over the last couple decades with constant mismanagement, too.

You're trying to defend an indefensible moron. And, half-truths aren't good enough. Whenever any past president told half-truths, they got destroyed for it. With this guy a half-truth is the best he can possibly manage, so of course he gets grilled endlessly when outright lies are the norm.

You whine that people call him bad. Do you honestly look at him and think "Yes, this is a good president. This is a guy doing a good job. He is handling this well and definitely is not making it all worse than it needs to be."

Last edited:

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I have joined Beef’s Exxon wagon. Put one order on and a second if the share price drops. The world is still too dependent on oil. The oil surplus and storage issue now will go away and prices will go back up. Currently, there is no cheaper energy source than oil.

Beef, any thoughts on STZ? I’m not knowledgeable on alcohol stocks.

Don't know anything about alcohol either. I'm afraid of just about anything else right now, I figure Exxon and the like are too big to fail and have massive potential for rebounding.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
I have a Robinhood account but I've never used it. I'm in with TD Ameritrade. I don't feel like juggling two accounts at the end of the day.

I opened a TD Ameritrade account yesterday so that I could use thinkorswim.

I think I can transfer my shares to that account from Robinhood but I think it costs like $75 and that’s a waste of money.

Reactions: Beef Invictus

Asnito

Blood Rival to a Briere Simp
Mar 2, 2017

Listen Defect I like you and if I'm remembering correctly your service as well but the whole borrowed a million dollars thingy is just a cover story.

From the sounds of it your in the camp of MSM is the enemy. There's certainly some very reliable news sources and some that aren't. IMO the WSJ,NYT and WaPo are legitimate news sources. Do they criticize the president a lot, yes they do. Here's the thing though without a strong independent media you don't have a strong democracy. It's an essential part of our freedom.

The NYT did a 38 page article on the tax scheme than ran for years that shows him receiving $413 million.

Trump Engaged in Suspect Tax Schemes as He Reaped Riches From His Father

Kind of funny he never mentioned anything about it especially considering how sue happy he is. He's been involved in over 4100 lawsuits which to put into perspective if you found yourself as the plantiff or defendant in a lawsuit every day for the next decade you would still be 500 short.

I know you're a big Trump supporter but the guy's a charlatan and grifter who's going to be facing some serious legal problems when he leaves office.

I can post another dozen cases of shady crap he's done if you don't believe that article.

Reactions: Fasu and Rebels57

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
He didn't get to be millionaire because of any talents, he got to be a millionaire because of his daddy's real estate empire. That doesn't take skill. It takes fortunate birth. It's worth noting that he has drastically reduced the value of that empire over the last couple decades with constant mismanagement, too.

You're trying to defend an indefensible moron. And, half-truths aren't good enough. Whenever any past president told half-truths, they got destroyed for it. With this guy a half-truth is the best he can possibly manage, so of course he gets grilled endlessly when outright lies are the norm.

You whine that people call him bad. Do you honestly look at him and think "Yes, this is a good president. This is a guy doing a good job. He is handling this well and definitely is not making it all worse than it needs to be."

Yep.

Donald Trump isn't rich because he's a great investor. He's rich because his dad was rich.

Reactions: Amorgus and Asnito

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
As far as bias, separate the editorial page from the reporting - I think the WSJ editorial page is full of cretins with one or two exceptions, but they still have good reporters, though not nearly as good as pre-Murdoch days when they did real investigative reporting.

The NYT, Washington Post, New Yorker and the Atlantic may have a liberal bias in their opinion pieces, but they take reporting seriously.

Cable news is entertainment, they love "gotcha" pieces, though no one stoops as low as Fox News outside of Brietbart.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
As far as bias, separate the editorial page from the reporting - I think the WSJ editorial page is full of cretins with one or two exceptions, but they still have good reporters, though not nearly as good as pre-Murdoch days when they did real investigative reporting.

The NYT, Washington Post, New Yorker and the Atlantic may have a liberal bias in their opinion pieces, but they take reporting seriously.

Cable news is entertainment, they love "gotcha" pieces, though no one stoops as low as Fox News outside of Brietbart.

I still have a grudge against NYT for running a piece from Putin where he calls for the destruction of US hegemony. Why would they choose to serve as that guy's bullhorn?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->