All Purpose Coronavirus Discussion Part X: Are We There Yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Continue here...

This information is coming from an admin who posted it on the main board. Any violation or deviation and the entire post will be removed. Follow this for the benefit of the forum.

Based on the original language as stated on the main board from site admins)...
1. Ground Rules for this Forum
2. General Coronavirus (COVID-19) Discussion (Non-Hockey Related) - Part 5

Welcome to the COVID-19 Forum. This is going to be an all consuming subject for some time. We think it deserves its own forum.
This forum is not limited to hockey-related talk.
You may critique the response of government but don't make it political.
Posts attributing motives because it involves this or that political party/politician/ideology will not be tolerated.
Examples:
Allowed: "Trump doesn't know what he's doing, the response was too little too late"
Not Allowed: "The only reason the response was so slow was to keep the stock prices high so he can get reelected"
Allowed: "The media is over-reporting this and it's going to make things worse"
Not Allowed: "The liberal media is over-reporting this because they're trying to bring down Trump"

Miracle cures, home remedies, and medical advice should not be posted.

Be careful what you link to, treat it like the trade forum we don't want to spread bad information.
How you're preparing, how this is affecting your community, news and information are the types of discussion this forum is for.
Pardon our dust we're going to be working out the kinks on this, if you have any recommendations or ideas you can send them to me VIA conversation message.
"This Forum does not provide medical advice It is intended for informational purposes only. It is not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Never ignore professional medical advice in seeking treatment because of something you have read on the internet. If you think you may have a medical emergency, immediately call your doctor or dial 911."

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
If you want to watch a horror story unfold:

Johns Hopkins Coronavirus Resource Center

is the John Hopkins map, updated every day.

Right now, the cities are the red, because where most of the people live, most of the cases have occurred.

If you want to see it progress in the more rural areas, click the Population button at the bottom of the map, that gives confirmed infections per 100,000 for each county.
Watching the color get darker each day will show you how the virus is penetrating rural counties.
[seem screwed up right now, but I'm sure they'll fix it tonight]

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
As I said right before the last thread got locked...

So I assume the anti-lockdown people are mostly people who want to get back to work because they can't afford to stay home and not get paid, more than people who just have a problem with being told to stay home.

The people who take issue with being told what to do are likely just another example of a loud angry minority.

That's the general thought, right? Or am I missing something?

Reactions: Cody Webster

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
As I said right before the last thread got locked...

That's the general thought, right? Or am I missing something?

Essentially Wolf said today they’re still behind on testing & that’s the key to opening things back up more & more as we go. He seemed to indicate that the capabilities aren’t possible at this moment though & how he’s working with the VP to hopefully make that happen ASAP.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Hagg is an anti lock downer....
Hagg is an elite NHL stay-at-home defensemen. All that man knows is locking things down.

Essentially Wolf said today they’re still behind on testing & that’s the key to opening things back up more & more as we go. He seemed to indicate that the capabilities aren’t possible at this moment though & how he’s working with the VP to hopefully make that happen ASAP.
I meant the protesters and people online, not the governors. I assume the governors just go along with whatever they feel the majority of their people want because they're terrified of losing support.

Reactions: Carter Hart

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Hagg is an elite NHL stay-at-home defensemen. All that man knows is locking things down.

I meant the protesters and people online, not the governors. I assume the governors just go along with whatever they feel the majority of their people want because they're terrified of losing support.

In this situation I think most governors, at least the decent ones, are doing what they think is the best policy, after consulting with the experts available to them. Obviously, there are some fools and knaves out there (Kemp, Reynolds, etc.), but politicians are people, and decent people feel responsibility to do the right thing when thousands of lives may depend upon their decisions.

The dilemma for them is that without testing, contact tracing and effective treatments for COVID, opening up will inevitably lead to a second wave of infection and deaths. Keeping things locked up indefinitely will create severe financial distress.

So what would you do?

Reactions: Beef Invictus

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Only physically. He'll immediately be reborn in another body or something, I'm sure.

At this point I'm trying to think of a news headline that would even make me blink. This simulation is crazy.

They gonna just trot him out there like Bernie Lomax now? :laugh:
tenor.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->