All Purpose Coronavirus Discussion Part VII: A Little Bit Softer Now...On The Politics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Recipe: Pici Aglio E Olio by Marc Vetri

Does not require a rolling machine.

This looks good. I'm probably not at the "making fresh pasta" stage yet since we have numerous boxes of spaghetti, purchased prior to lockdown.

But the thing I've never seen adequately explained with boxed pasta is how long it should boil before you remove it and slop it into the pan with the oil and garlic. I have zero feel for that since I've never properly done it, so a hard number of minutes would be very helpful

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
@Captain Dave Poulin Happy Easter!

93166718_10158711979888606_2578792939698257920_o.jpg

Eww, what the ****

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
This looks good. I'm probably not at the "making fresh pasta" stage yet since we have numerous boxes of spaghetti, purchased prior to lockdown.

But the thing I've never seen adequately explained with boxed pasta is how long it should boil before you remove it and slop it into the pan with the oil and garlic. I have zero feel for that since I've never properly done it, so a hard number of minutes would be very helpful

Pasta is magic... so no set minutes... throw it against the wall and if it sticks and then slips down it is correct.

Orrr just get a piece out and break it and you will know.

Or 10-12 minutes.

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY
Social distancing made me totally forget about Easter today. My mom visited her grandkids on the front lawn for a bit but I didn't do squat. But then my doorbell buzzed and my downstairs neighbors passed me up an Easter dinner of baked ham, corn on the cob, a baked sweet potato, some fruit and a few cream puffs. This is why I try to be good to people. You never know when it'll pay you back.

Happy Easter, everyone!

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
i'm thinking tonight's entertainment may be a Burt double feature..or triple ..Smokey and the Bandit..maybe Hooper and Cannonball Run

Reactions: Beef Invictus

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
i'm thinking tonight's entertainment may be a Burt double feature..or triple ..Smokey and the Bandit..maybe Hooper and Cannonball Run
Speaking of cannonball run, an anonymous group has beat the previous record. Seems like there should be an * on that time.

Reactions: trostol
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->