All Purpose Coronavirus Discussion Part VII: A Little Bit Softer Now...On The Politics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
The lockdowns have worked, but since many didn't start until April, and those are the states where compliance is likely to be lax, we may see a second explosion in many states that doesn't peak until May.

And then the problem is how do we loosen up without access to widespread, accurate tests with quick turnarounds, and protocols for isolating infected individuals and tracing contacts? And obviously, that requires a competent federal response (states can't trace contacts nationwide).

Reactions: Beef Invictus

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
I saw in the other thread about cleaning up gloves...this has been a huge issue...I work in Society Hill so it's for the most part of rich entitled old people that come in every day and care it seems little of anyone but themselves using the store like a social gathering spot. Gloves...those towel to wipe carts down etc all strewn all over the place both inside and out of the store. Then complaining we don't have things they want t

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
@Defect He probably wasn’t ranking up because of how many games he had played.
I don’t remember what happened but we normally only played when we both were one. I could rank up he couldn’t. He would rank down no problem if he played poorly on purpose, and could rank back up to that invisible wall. He couldn’t pass that wall though.

Magua

Doer of Hoffific Things
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Coronavirus Febreze Brothers Edition

giphy.gif

tumblr_mv6z4tR1HA1qib9pno6_250.gifv

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
I saw in the other thread about cleaning up gloves...this has been a huge issue...I work in Society Hill so it's for the most part of rich entitled old people that come in every day and care it seems little of anyone but themselves using the store like a social gathering spot. Gloves...those towel to wipe carts down etc all strewn all over the place both inside and out of the store. Then complaining we don't have things they want t
Tuck one finger under the bottom of the glove, take it off turning it inside out. Pinch the now inside out glove on the bottom of the other glove and take it off turning it inside out and going over the other glove. Put it in your truck. Throw it out. Easy peasy.

BigToe

Robocop sucks
Jan 6, 2018
Philly
I don’t remember what happened but we normally only played when we both were one. I could rank up he couldn’t. He would rank down no problem if he played poorly on purpose, and could rank back up to that invisible wall. He couldn’t pass that wall though.
I had something similar on my first account. Couldn't get past 48 I think. Started a new one and got to 50 pretty quick. I think it had to do with overall win percentage.

Reactions: Defect

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
Be safe man.
I appreciate that. Already washed my hands twice!!

We have tackle boxes (yes like fishing) filled with intubation meds that we keep in the ER....we have to make up 10 more because they kept using them all. Part of my time will me spent on that tonight. Fun

Reactions: Tripod and Stizzle

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
I cannot imagine the stress you are all under.
I've had this discussion with some people irl....it's so emotionally exhausting. It's actually not that busy (yet)... we're not even half full (still, 20% of all patients are COVID-19 positive). But the constant monitoring of what you've touched, where your hands are, what could have touched what you just touched, wiping down everything, washing your hands, wiping your phone and glasses...and it doesn't even end at work.

Wash at the last available bathroom on the way out, use paper towels to open the rest of the doors. Hand sanitizer in the car. Take the mask off, put it on the brown bag. Hand sanitizer again. Drive home. Shoes off onto a towel. Clothes into a bag. Right into the shower.

It's all very draining. This is why people take meds for OCD, but it's like... necessary OCD. It's exhausting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->