All Purpose CHEL/EASHL Discussion Thread

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Despite EA's shortcomings, there's still a relatively big community of us who play EASHL. There should be a place for us all to discuss anything/everything related to Club and Drop-In games that doesn't get lost in other discussions about HUT or Franchise mode. We can use this thread to talk about: what builds you like or don't like, things you like about the game mode currently, things you'd like to see changed or improved, and general discussions about gameplay.

So if you're interested, post below...

-Xbox or PS4, gamertag if you feel comfortable
-position(s) you like playing the most
-favorite build(s)
-a few things you like about Drop-In/Club gameplay and a few things you don't
-some things you hope to see in NHL 21 since we all know we're chumps and are going to buy it regardless

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Been playing with playmaker but I would like a stronger build, any recommendation? Thought about grinder

Make a bigger playmaker. You don't really notice the speed difference in 6s.

Switching to grinder can be hard because of how different the passing and puck handling is.

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
Make a bigger playmaker. You don't really notice the speed difference in 6s.

Switching to grinder can be hard because of how different the passing and puck handling is.

Tried the grinder with laser passing and it was quite good, definitely stronger, will keep testing it

Reactions: Cloned

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Really wish Drop-In wasn't just a one timer contest. It's allllll people do and it gets real boring real fast

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
EASHL is great 6v6 but if you don't have all humans, it's brutal. CPU defenseman are the second coming of Christ and Scott Stevens against the boards.

That's because the EASHL player builds are all horribly underpowered.

redwhiteandblue

Apr 1, 2013
I love the 3 v 3 play. They should add 4 v 4 for clubs. It is annoying how people exploit the penalty shot on that mode. Computer is wildly unpredictable too if there is only two of us.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Get rid of stick tapping. It gets abused by players who don't understand what passing lanes are. Lost count of how many goals are given up by goalies throwing a puck out to the guy tapping from neutral zone.

Also have to make note of the number of toxic people in drop-in games recently. Total 'give me the puck' mentality. RIP for the guys without clubs.

ElectricDreamMachine

Nov 5, 2013
I love the 3 v 3 play. They should add 4 v 4 for clubs. It is annoying how people exploit the penalty shot on that mode. Computer is wildly unpredictable too if there is only two of us.

Yeah totally agree 4v4 would be ideal. You could still have normal penalty minutes and at even strength there would be bit more space compared to 5v5.

Reactions: Igor Shestyorkin

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
It's legit insane how good the defensemen are. the forwards are fairly good too

The game is simply awful unless it's all humans.

Which is why I've been playing much more 2K ever since having it on game pass...

I play a decent amount of goalie in drop in and it’s gotten to the point where I’ll feel a immense sense of comfort if I know I have at least one CPU back on defense, lol.

They’re positionally excellent and they are aces on the penalty kill. Especially if you have the proper settings on team strategies.

All of this just shows how underpowered the skater builds are.

Reactions: Rodgerwilco

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
My Dangler build has been pretty solid. 5’11” 185lbs. Quick Wrister + IQ + Endurance.

Let’s you feel like you’re Claude Giroux out there and the checking is surprisingly good too.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
I'm not looking forward to having to defend against that stupid lacrosse goal 10 times a game. I usually play D so it'll be nice to crush people when they come around the net trying to do it, but it's going to be so annoying to defend against constantly.

Just like it's annoying now to keep my stick out on a breakaway defending against the tuck goal now. It's not difficult to defend but EA keeps giving more and more gimmicky options to cheese goals and no love to Dmen.

Reactions: HzH and Rodgerwilco

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
I'm not looking forward to having to defend against that stupid lacrosse goal 10 times a game. I usually play D so it'll be nice to crush people when they come around the net trying to do it, but it's going to be so annoying to defend against constantly.

Just like it's annoying now to keep my stick out on a breakaway defending against the tuck goal now. It's not difficult to defend but EA keeps giving more and more gimmicky options to cheese goals and no love to Dmen.

It's an issue for human goalies as well. It basically makes the hugging the post in butterfly a useless animation now. You'll have to do the stand up hug now, and that lends itself to issues defending the regular wraparound.

Reactions: x Tame Impala

sufferer

Dec 6, 2017
Anyone one else having trouble defending against teams of butch women who spam L2/LT? They seem to have an force field around them which renders most direct contact null. The meta in this game is cancer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad