All-Purpose Attendance Thread: Poll added

The White and Chabot contract extensions will

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
Ah.... wasn’t really directed at you. :)

In general people automatically may be triggered to lay blame in that direction.

Have a good week, Bath!
There really isn't anyone or thing to blame here. I think the city and the org working together is just completely toxic and has been since for awhile. Each party seems to want to play contrarian to each other whenever they get the chance, no matter who is right and who is wrong. By posting the article, I was more or less looking for someone to tell me the pros and cons of the development.

Reactions: Variable26

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Do people really think that a ticket surcharge of a buck is going to change transport patterns to the Sens?

A guy that's laying out 5 to 10k for seasons can afford to drive and under no circumstance would end up bussing to the game.

I can't see anyone with a car that lives in barhaven or orleans or anywhere in gloucester or most areas in ottawa ever deciding that they'd take a bus to a Sens game. Ever.

In the case of Orleans were talking a bus. Then a train. Then a bus.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
In the case of Orleans were talking a bus. Then a train. Then a bus.

Does OC Transpo not run the special event (400 series busses) anymore? A quick scan of their website implies they do, but I haven't been out to CTC this season. That would mean 1 bus from Orleans to the game. It's a heck of a ride mind you, but would sure as heck beat the bus/train/bus example you laid out.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Does OC Transpo not run the special event (400 series busses) anymore? A quick scan of their website implies they do, but I haven't been out to CTC this season. That would mean 1 bus from Orleans to the game. It's a heck of a ride mind you, but would sure as heck beat the bus/train/bus example you laid out.

I have no idea. I have lived in the east the entire time the ctc has been open. I've never considered taking oc transpo to a game and never will. Geezus, if my car wasnt working I'd simply think i have no way to get there.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
I have no idea. I have lived in the east the entire time the ctc has been open. I've never considered taking oc transpo to a game and never will. Geezus, if my car wasnt working I'd simply think i have no way to get there.

I've never had an issue with the 400 series, personally. I mean, taking the bus isn't fun, but it's a necessary evil for some of us.

I don't think people in the east end should have too much of a complaint as long as that keeps running. I mean, it's no Lebreton, but bus/train/bus scenario (X2) seems like it would be a living hell :laugh:

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

They still run.

Pretty sure they still show up in the travel planer... yep, link below

https://plan.octranspo.com/plan/Tra...=SpecifiedDepartureTime&UseDefaultSites=false

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
I have no idea how busy they are. My crowd are older. Our only discussion is who is driving. I've taken a shuttle bus from the pubs over the years but never OC and i certainly get the Sens reservations about a ticket surcharge.
The question really is, are people like yourself who don't take the bus willing to pay an extra dollar per ticket to contribute to the free bus service for people who take the bus with the potential to increase attendance?

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
The question really is, are people like yourself who don't take the bus willing to pay an extra dollar per ticket to contribute to the free bus service for people who take the bus with the potential to increase attendance?

Willing? No.

I dont think the cost of transportation to and from a sens game is a deal breaker

Id rather see the extra 80 bucjs per pair of season tickets go to the team.

Reactions: BatherSeason

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
If it means significantly more people take transit and fewer drive i am all for it but if the same people who bus now are still the only ones busing then it's not really accomplishing what it should.

Reactions: BatherSeason

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
When a transit surcharged is applied to tickets such as Bluesfest or RedBlacks it is to compensate the city for additional buses required to service the events. Bluesfest organizers fought the surcharge but were forced into it. The equivalent for the Sens would be if the demand outstripped current supply for buses, so its a little misleading on the part of the city. Not to mention the original issue was the alterations to Palladium drive (IN THE PART THE SENS PAID FOR). The city is bending over for the developer by allowing them to build the cheaper option in lieu of development charges.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
When a transit surcharged is applied to tickets such as Bluesfest or RedBlacks it is to compensate the city for additional buses required to service the events. Bluesfest organizers fought the surcharge but were forced into it. The equivalent for the Sens would be if the demand outstripped current supply for buses, so its a little misleading on the part of the city. Not to mention the original issue was the alterations to Palladium drive (IN THE PART THE SENS PAID FOR). The city is bending over for the developer by allowing them to build the cheaper option in lieu of development charges.

This city, and province for that matter, has never been particularly friendly to the Senators and this is merely another example

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
I think the bigger question is, how many of those tickets are paid for? 13k is great if they're all at 100% ticket price. Not so great if there's only 6k or so at full value.

Reactions: jules6565

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
I think the bigger question is, how many of those tickets are paid for? 13k is great if they're all at 100% ticket price. Not so great if there's only 6k or so at full value.

Not really. There predictions of terrible attendance this year, some expecting sub 10000 per game, and that just hasn’t happened.

Bodies returning to the rink to watch entertaining hockey is the end game, the attendance dollars aren’t a big deal this year.

I’m surprised at how the numbers seem to be holding steady really. It actually speaks positively to the safety of the team, and the strength of the fanbase, if this is how bad the numbers get after everything the organization has gone through.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Can anyone who was at the game confirm if there was a wack of Bruins fans? In years past they seemed to be one of the better traveling fan bases, which may account for the (slight) bump over the season average.

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
Can anyone who was at the game confirm if there was a wack of Bruins fans? In years past they seemed to be one of the better traveling fan bases, which may account for the (slight) bump over the season average.

This is not a traveling fan base. 8 hour drive.

Mainly Ruins fans from local or within a couple of hours drive, IMO

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008

Yeah, I shoulda been more specific with my post, you're entirely right that the B's fans are primarily local (or closer than Boston).

Still might be the reason for the slight uptick (06 team, lots of fans in the area (not Leafs/Habs level, but comfortably 3rd, imo).

Reactions: Variable26

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown

Yep, there's always a lot of local(ish) Bruins fans at Sens games, has been for a long time.
There are lots of Bruins fans in Eastern Ontario, all the way into Kingston, which is still a big Bruins hub (the Bruins used to hold their training camp in Kingston, plus a lot of former Bruins greats were from Kingston, and that legacy is still there today)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->