All-Purpose Attendance Thread: Poll added

The White and Chabot contract extensions will

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
I was offered two free tickets to Saturday’s game vs Tampa, turned them down.

Just not interested the Sens stadium experience.

Rand0m

Oct 2, 2011
So 9k in attendance... wasn’t this also a freebie game for those who bought tickets to the home opener?? I’m really curious what the numbers would have been otherwise.

Reactions: YouGotAStuGoing

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Not sure what people expected. There may not be a more self destructive run in the history of prefessional sports.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
So 9k in attendance... wasn’t this also a freebie game for those who bought tickets to the home opener?? I’m really curious what the numbers would have been otherwise.

I think there will be 2 more "freebie" game coming up, too.

If I recall correctly, fans had the option of taking their free tickets either to this Blues game, the Tampa game on Saturday, or the Thanksgiving game on Monday vs the Wild.

So it's possible that more fans picked either of those two games as their "freebie" game instead of a Thursday nighter vs the Blues? :dunno:

Spartachat

Aug 2, 2016
Ottawa
My guess is that Melnyk is reducing the number of giveaways to make a case for moving the team. The NHL will see through it as the low attendance is almost entirely due to Melnyk's mismanagement of the team. Furthermore, unlike the Coyotes or Panthers, the Sens have a huge local TV deal.

If he is doing it to try to sell the team, he is pretty stupid. He is destroying the value of his biggest asset. He should have sold the minute he knew he did not have the funds for the Lebreton deal.

Reactions: Rand0m

The Lewler

GOAT BUDGET AINEC
Jul 2, 2013
Eastern Ontario Badlands
I think there will be 2 more "freebie" game coming up, too.

If I recall correctly, fans had the option of taking their free tickets either to this Blues game, the Tampa game on Saturday, or the Thanksgiving game on Monday vs the Wild.

So it's possible that more fans picked either of those two games as their "freebie" game instead of a Thursday nighter vs the Blues? :dunno:

I think that's a reasonable assumption.

A holiday weekend, I would definitely prefer to go to the game on Saturday, or even the matinee on Monday as a way to wind down the weekend. Normally I would suspect those games to be higher population, but who the hell knows at this point.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
I have no fear either. Arizona and Florida would have dibs on a move before Ottawa. Also, the NHL is not going to want to move a team when they just sold one for $700 million to Seattle.

....or lose out on their piece of that $2 billion pie in Lebreton.

One does not walk away from what could be a crown jewel arena (and entertainment destination) for the league.

Spartachat

Aug 2, 2016
Ottawa
I was there last night, 9200 seemed generous

On the plus side, the lines to the bathrooms and concessions must have been really short. There are also less heads in the way when watching the game. They should just have canned cheering to improve the ambiance.

Last edited:

Engineer

Rustled your jimmies
Dec 23, 2013
On the plus side, the lines to the bathrooms and concessions must have been really short. There are also less heads in the way when watching the game. They should just have canned cheering to improve the ambiance.
Didn’t even run out of hot water!

Spartachat

Aug 2, 2016
Ottawa
The only fear I have is that if the only price that the BoG would be willing to approve a sale from an out-of-town buyer.

I don't think Melnyk will move the team himself.

The league will most likely look for a buyer that will keep the team in Ottawa. If they move the Sens from Ottawa, other teams in worse conditions that the Sens will want to move too. It sets a bad precedent. Melnyk is just cheap and has cash flows problems, the market can handle an NHL team.

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
The league will most likely look for a buyer that will keep the team in Ottawa. If they move the Sens from Ottawa, other teams in worse conditions that the Sens will want to move too. It sets a bad precedent. Melnyk is just cheap and has cash flows problems, the market can handle an NHL team.
I'm sure they'll look for a local buyer first, but the set price is probably ridiculously high at this point after the Seattle expansion fee.

alfstheman

Jul 2, 2009
I bet he dreamed of playing with top end players like Mark Stone, not Tyler Ennis or Connor Brown.

Tkatchuk isnt Laine. He knows its a rebuild and isnt going to bitch and moan like most kids. Most teams that won the cup were terrible for a decade before winning. We need a few high end skill players like lafreniere or byfield to have any chance to win a cup down the line and the next 2-3 years we should be getting a few top 3 picks. Hopefully when its time to sign them we have a new owner that will open the dusty wallet.

Melnyk must be losing money with these attendance numbers and with all his high interest rate loans and lawyer fees heres to hoping he pulls out after getting his seattle money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->