Rumor: All Purpose Anthony Duclair Trade Talk (Duke requested trade, Coyotes trying to grant it)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
It will be team number 3 for Duke, it just might be that he isn't what some folks think he is.....but hopefully for Him this is the kick he needs to turn his skill into a decent career.

Reactions: doaner

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
I have a better idea.

This team can’t retain any of our drafted and young talent. Trade every pick away and just run a veteran team until the dawn of time.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
lol
upload_2017-12-27_18-48-40.png

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
You have a horrific season last year and your response is to come into training camp out of shape. Think about the message Duclair sent about how much he cares about his career with that statement. I loved the dUclair acquisition his hands and speed were enticing but it's tough love or get him the f*** out of town time for him. Especially given how shitty he was last year.

Reactions: BigJCaRoach

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Doesn't look out of shape in games. What's Stepan's excuse? Domi's?

At some point you have to acknowledge that a lot of the toys are broken, not just the one that stands out from the rest.
Yeah. It starts with ownership.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Doesn't look out of shape in games. What's Stepan's excuse? Domi's?

At some point you have to acknowledge that a lot of the toys are broken, not just the one that stands out from the rest.
Please don't. Even if it were that reason, is this the group of people you really want to discuss that with?

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Please don't. Even if it were that reason, is this the group of people you really want to discuss that with?

It's definitely part of it. But it's a lot more simple than that. They created a completely unnecessary vicious cycle with this player by playing mind games with him under Tippett and then continuing that into Tocchet's regime. It seems like what he has to do to stay in the lineup is nebulous and changes all the time. He's a goal scorer, yet when he scores goals he still gets benched. At one point he was scoring in spite of the awful linemates he was being given, yet still couldn't escape the bench. To date, he's still one of the most productive forwards in terms of p/60. For all we know, he requested a trade in the offseason, or sometime under Tippett and was told no. It would certainly explain how distracted Domi appears to be.

You don't get from exhuberant 20 goal scoring young player to mopey, supposedly out of shape, disinterested player without the organization failing that player multiple times.

If I was the 2nd most productive forward as Duclair had been early on, yet couldn't buy ice, I'd peace out too. I do everything to force a trade. Because that's the only tool an RFA has. Force a trade away from this dogshit franchise.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
It's definitely part of it. But it's a lot more simple than that. They created a completely unnecessary vicious cycle with this player by playing mind games with him under Tippett and then continuing that into Tocchet's regime. It seems like what he has to do to stay in the lineup is nebulous and changes all the time. He's a goal scorer, yet when he scores goals he still gets benched. At one point he was scoring in spite of the awful linemates he was being given, yet still couldn't escape the bench. To date, he's still one of the most productive forwards in terms of p/60. For all we know, he requested a trade in the offseason, or sometime under Tippett and was told no. It would certainly explain how distracted Domi appears to be.

You don't get from exhuberant 20 goal scoring young player to mopey, supposedly out of shape, disinterested player without the organization failing that player multiple times.

If I was the 2nd most productive forward as Duclair had been early on, yet couldn't buy ice, I'd peace out too. I do everything to force a trade. Because that's the only tool an RFA has. Force a trade away from this dog**** franchise.
My point is if you struggled badly and you have a fresh start why poison the relationship at the start of next season by not properly training? Like it or not it screams volumes about a lack of work ethic and character about a player.

Reactions: The Feckless Puck

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
My point is if you struggled badly and you have a fresh start why poison the relationship at the start of next season by not properly training? Like it or not it screams volumes about a lack of work ethic and character about a player.

He doesn't seem out of shape to me. That seems like cover for the player wanting out and the coach using him as an excuse for his strange lineup decisions. Smoke to cover up the staff's inability to get guys to play on the same page. "It's not us, players are showing up out of shape/not sticky enough"

Reactions: CC96 and Yandover

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
He doesn't seem out of shape to me. That seems like cover for the player wanting out and the coach using him as an excuse for his strange lineup decisions. Smoke to cover up the staff's inability to get guys to play on the same page. "It's not us, players are showing up out of shape/not sticky enough"
You do realize they fitness test players at the start of camp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->