All Purpose: Alexandre Texier thread.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
I honestly think we dominated the physically. They tried hitting is, but we were much now physuphy than they were. Hell even Bjorkstrand was throwing his body around.

Physuphy doesn't win games. :laugh: ( I know its a typo)

I thought Boston's hitting was more effective. A lot of Jackets' hits reminded me of the Pittsburgh series where they hit anyone with a Pens sweater anywhere on the ice.

Reactions: WubbaLubbaDubDub

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
I honestly think we dominated the physically. They tried hitting is, but we were much now physuphy than they were. Hell even Bjorkstrand was throwing his body around.
He did, but wow did he get rocked against the boards early in the game. I agree with Porty when he says Bjorkstrand is like Mr. Bill (from old SNL); he gets smashed by Sluggo but comes right back in the next clip.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
He had his welcome to the NHL moment. He probably will get abused in this series as Boston is more physical than Tampa was and even us. Hopefully he can adjust and find a way to make an impact. If not, he's in for a long series.

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013

Bjork got absolutely ragdolled on his first shift. lucky he didn't get injured badly.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Tex is going to be a very good player who's been thrush onto a big stage quickly and against the worst personal matchup for his game.

I'd hate taking him out and Dzingel hasn't done well this playoff, but he's a veteran who scored 26 goals and over 50 points. That's a lot of seasonal performance to leave in the press box, especially for a guy who is still giving effort.

Tex gave us good play in the TB series and he will deliver even more next year.

Reactions: Doggy

Long Live Lyle

Feb 10, 2019
Chicago, IL
He’s also two games away from the first year of his ELC kicking in, which would both obviously push up his RFA year but more importantly mean we’d have to protect him and leave someone else exposed in the expansion draft. That should not be a factor UNLESS it’s about borderline if he should play or not, and I think we may be at that point.

I’m just not sure if he’s a good fit right now against a team like Boston. Perhaps if we advance, get him back in. I also wouldn’t be opposed if we just continue going with him.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
He’s also two games away from the first year of his ELC kicking in, which would both obviously push up his RFA year but more importantly mean we’d have to protect him and leave someone else exposed in the expansion draft. That should not be a factor UNLESS it’s about borderline if he should play or not, and I think we may be at that point.

I’m just not sure if he’s a good fit right now against a team like Boston. Perhaps if we advance, get him back in. I also wouldn’t be opposed if we just continue going with him.

The salaries on the last RFA years have been pushed up so much in recent years, the thinking now by some teams is that it's better to burn a year off the ELC so you can get a guy locked up long term sooner, before he has too much of a track record. But I agree the Seattle situation weighs in here, and since Tex is borderline with other players like Dzingel, I'm inclined to take Tex out of the lineup. The guy I'd actually replace him with is one of Sedlak/Hannikainen, but that's a whole other topic.

JacketFanInFL

Brick by Brick
Mar 27, 2006
Central FL
He’s becoming a liability with the turnovers. He gets pushed off the puck with ease. He’s going to be a great one, but if he’s not going to score then at least get someone in there that can possess the puck and defend.

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
Should be Dzingel and Sedlak in and Wennberg and Texier out at this point.

I think that 1 defensive zone giveaway will be/was enough for Torts, it was nearly a disaster/the game.

I like what Texier brings, but the impact of him over Dzingel or a Sedlak is minimal, if at all. Even if you consider him better, he clearly is not going to be the "X factor", and I think the expansion draft/10 game thing SHOULD absolutely be weighed in the decision, and I am assuming IT IS.

pled

Sep 7, 2009
Torts probably give no shit about the draft and or even know about how it affect Texier and with how Jarmo dealt all the picks away I think he wants to win now much more than in 3 years. I don't see any of them caring about the 10 games threshold

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Glad I'm not alone. Texier should be out and Dzingel back in. No disrespect to the kid, but he's outmatched in this series and he's just a kid. Maybe if the physicality calms down and we need an influx of offense he can come back in, but Texier should come out and Dzingel come in.

Wennberg's defensive play has warranted staying in the lineup IMO. He made some excellent reads on the PK. His offense is sapped, and he's almost non-dangerous on the ice, but he brings enough value defensively that he should stay in the lineup. He has higher offensive potential than Sedlak, Hannikainen, Robinson, but less so than Texier.

The expansion draft shouldn't matter in our decision making. We're going for the Cup. We'll be losing a good player regardless in the ED, and it sucks, but it is what it is.

Also, if Torts doesn't trust Clendening he needs to get someone in there he does. IDC who, Gavrikov or if Nuti is healthy, but he's got to play our defenseman that we have.

Panarin-Dubois-Bjorkstrand
Dzingel-Duchene-Atkinson
Foligno-Wennberg-Anderson
Jenner-Dubinsky-Nash

Reactions: WubbaLubbaDubDub

Jyrki

Benning has been purged! VANmen!
May 24, 2011
溫哥華
Glad I'm not alone. Texier should be out and Dzingel back in. No disrespect to the kid, but he's outmatched in this series and he's just a kid. Maybe if the physicality calms down and we need an influx of offense he can come back in, but Texier should come out and Dzingel come in.

Wennberg's defensive play has warranted staying in the lineup IMO. He made some excellent reads on the PK. His offense is sapped, and he's almost non-dangerous on the ice, but he brings enough value defensively that he should stay in the lineup. He has higher offensive potential than Sedlak, Hannikainen, Robinson, but less so than Texier.

The expansion draft shouldn't matter in our decision making. We're going for the Cup. We'll be losing a good player regardless in the ED, and it sucks, but it is what it is.

Also, if Torts doesn't trust Clendening he needs to get someone in there he does. IDC who, Gavrikov or if Nuti is healthy, but he's got to play our defenseman that we have.

Panarin-Dubois-Bjorkstrand
Dzingel-Duchene-Atkinson
Foligno-Wennberg-Anderson
Jenner-Dubinsky-Nash

Bjork has looked pretty bad this series and I think Panarin could use extra room to make plays. I'd consider swapping him with Anderson.

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
Should be Dzingel and Sedlak in and Wennberg and Texier out at this point.

I think that 1 defensive zone giveaway will be/was enough for Torts, it was nearly a disaster/the game.

I like what Texier brings, but the impact of him over Dzingel or a Sedlak is minimal, if at all. Even if you consider him better, he clearly is not going to be the "X factor", and I think the expansion draft/10 game thing SHOULD absolutely be weighed in the decision, and I am assuming IT IS.

put dzingel in for tex? sure. put Sedlak in? absolutely not. In no way, shape, or form should Lukas Sedlak see icetime on a team in the playoffs. that's idiotic

Reactions: EspenK

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->