TV: All Of Us Are Dead (Netflix - zombie show)

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Anyone else watched this? I absolutely loved every second of it (already seen it twice through lol cause you definitely notice more the 2nd time around). Starts a little slow in the first episode cause the outbreak hasn't started yet and you need to meet the characters, but really picks up towards the end of it and for the next 11 episodes. Hoping for a 2nd season.

It's about a high school in South Korea that becomes ground zero for a zombie outbreak and the students trapped inside must find a way to survive. Not completely your typical zombie show however, as you'll soon find out. There are other side stories going on as well throughout the show, which is really nice so you can see what's happening outside of the high school.

If you're looking for a fun show, like zombies, interesting and very likeable characters/great actor chemistry & acting, and don't mind a show willing to kill off just about anyone out of no where, this is the one for you. Oh, and if you don't mind watching a Korean show with English subtitles (which I highly recommend over the English dubbed version) with slightly bad CGI at times (rare but occasional, the zombies aren't CGI thankfully) but nothing that's just blatantly bad and distracting, the CGI scenes/moments are generally very quick and easy to miss. The cinematography is also really great, especially with the action scenes. Similar to Train to Busan - which is actually mentioned a couple of times in the show.

84% on rotten tomatoes if that matters to you. Highly recommend it if you are a big fan of zombie shows. I went into it without watching the trailer, so I also recommend doing that but here it is just in case.

Last edited:
Reactions: Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
I only watched the first episode and plan to keep watching but I liked how...

they didn't drag it out or leave any doubt as to how the first zombies started, the teacher doing experiments and the kid being bite by the experiemented on rat was a nice change of pace instead of just all the mystery to as how it all started

Reactions: Kcb12345

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017

they didn't drag it out or leave any doubt as to how the first zombies started, the teacher doing experiments and the kid being bite by the experiemented on rat was a nice change of pace instead of just all the mystery to as how it all started

Agreed, and if you like that you'll definitely like that they share more information about it throughout about the experiments and the teacher. I won't spoil of course, but it's a really interesting part of the story and helps the viewers understand a lot about what is happening.

Reactions: Satans Hockey

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017

Also the 2nd episode has one of the best shot zombie action sequences I've ever seen so do yourself a favor and check that one out asap! Really well done. Made to look like it's all in one take (and it's pretty much right at the beginning of it and lasts a while)

Richard

Feb 8, 2012
It was good- I thought the actual outbreak cause was super weak BUT I really enjoyed the show after episode 1. I watched it in like a week.

GlassesJacketShirt

Aug 4, 2010
Sherbrooke
It's entertaining, but I felt there were several instances of people doing stupid things and/or bad writing decisions that brought the show down at times.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
It's entertaining, but I felt there were several instances of people doing stupid things and/or bad writing decisions that brought the show down at times.

I mean every zombie or horror show does that, so it's nothing really new. Characters are always making bad decisions, otherwise it wouldn't be even near as entertaining. Also, they're kids.

The most annoying part to me is when they'll be running and someone ALWAYS trips and then refuses to get up :laugh:

GlassesJacketShirt

Aug 4, 2010
Sherbrooke
I mean every zombie or horror show does that, so it's nothing really new. Characters are always making bad decisions, otherwise it wouldn't be even near as entertaining. Also, they're kids.

The most annoying part to me is when they'll be running and someone ALWAYS trips and then refuses to get up :laugh:

Oh I get that, though I wish it could be cut down a tad.

My greater concerns were instances where plausibility went completely out the window (the time On-Jo's father ran from the guards, like C'MON!), or having the female lead be such an unremarkable character for 90% of the show. She was just too plain to follow as a focal point compared to Nam-Ra.

Edit: And the show was too long. Take off at least three episodes (which would be easy with all the subplots going nowhere) and you have a better paced effort.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad