OT: All Non-Hockey Sports Talk (2020-21 edition): MLB, NBA, NFL, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Since my Rockies have a terrible owner and GM, I might just flip over to being a Padres fan. I do live in SD anyway. And this kid is cool.

-ghoste

Feel like it was a good to great gamble for management but only good gamble for Tatis.
Could have signed a 5-6 year deal in the 80 mil range and then got the 350-400 million bag when he's a free agent, he's younger than most to hit it because he's two years in already at just 22.

Feel he left money on the table but easy for me to say as an armchair fan.
What about you? Hard to turn that down as a 22 year old?

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Feel like it was a good to great gamble for management but only good gamble for Tatis.
Could have signed a 5-6 year deal in the 80 mil range and then got the 350-400 million bag when he's a free agent, he's younger than most to hit it because he's two years in already at just 22.

Well I tell you what, at 22, I do NOT want to be known as the guy who turned down $340 sheets!
:doh:

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Since my Rockies have a terrible owner and GM, I might just flip over to being a Padres fan. I do live in SD anyway. And this kid is cool.

-ghoste

I just heard this morning on the pardon my Take podcast via Jake Marsh, when the Tatis Jr Contract expires, the New York Mets still have to pay Bobby Bonilla for one more year. :eek2:

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
After starting the season 2-8, the Raptors are now back to .500 at 15-15.

Just an ugly win tonight, but as we know sometimes with the Panthers this season, a win is a win. Powell is shooting lights out right now. Siakam is doing everything on the court. This team looks really good!

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
If you have time, check out the KO in the Valdez - Berchelt fight tonight. One second left in the 10th round, and he caught him with the huge left hook!

I started writing bets down on paper that I would make, and then see if they work out. Tonight I was 2 for 2
I bet Flores Jr $500 , payout only $60. In the main event I bet Valdez $350, payout $1,050.

I should start making these tickets a reality. :nod:

:box:

Last edited:

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
If you have time, check out the KO in the Valdez bercello fight tonight. One second left in the 10th round, and he caught him with the huge left hook!

I started writing bets down on paper that I would make, and then see if they work out. Tonight I was 2 for 2
I bet Flores Jr $500 , payout only $60. In the main event I bet Valdez $350, payout $1,050.

I should start making these tickets a reality. :nod:

:box:

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
The Kansas City Chiefs just cut both are starting tackles today, Eric Fisher and Mitchell Schwartz.
They have been the team's starting tackles for the past 5 Seasons. They are both 30 and over, and carry an 18.25 million dollar cap it. This move was needed to get under the cap before the new League season starts on Wednesday.
Safe to say that the #31 overall pick will be going towards a tackle this season.

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013
The Kansas City Chiefs just cut both are starting tackles today, Eric Fisher and Mitchell Schwartz.
They have been the team's starting tackles for the past 5 Seasons. They are both 30 and over, and carry an 18.25 million dollar cap it. This move was needed to get under the cap before the new League season starts on Wednesday.
Safe to say that the #31 overall pick will be going towards a tackle this season.
It's a deep tackle class so they are lucky, because usually you don't get a quality rookie starter there.

Reactions: Cold Cat

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
disgusting. i don't watch boxing but that should have been stopped much earlier. wtf? wasn't even a clean punch - palmed the dude. and he was already out on his feet.
Not sure how that wasn't it clean punch? I would say that was a solid left hook if I ever saw one.

But I do agree the fight should have been stopped earlier. Berchelt's Corner might have cost him his career by not throwing in the towel. He was a great boxer prior.
That's why I can't watch UFC. It makes my stomach turn when people are knocked out, but they run up and Hammer punch them in the face when they are out cold before the Ref stops them,

Reactions: zeroG

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
I forget, is this forum Gator Country?

They are in tight with Virginia Tech, almost the end of the first half. I have Virginia Tech winning not one, but two games.

My Badgers play this evening. Even though they haven't been playing well lately, I think they can pull it off tonight against the Tar Heels.

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
Thanks SF. We move down 3 spots, get the player we would have gotten at 3, for a couple million less in cap hit, along with a 1st and a 3rd. If SF decides to go with a rookie QB next season, their pick could be top 10 next year.

Ghoste

#JustGetIn
Sponsor
Sep 14, 2005
San Diego, CA
Thanks SF. We move down 3 spots, get the player we would have gotten at 3, for a couple million less in cap hit, along with a 1st and a 3rd. If SF decides to go with a rookie QB next season, their pick could be top 10 next year.
I’m sure the Niners will take a QB but I’m thinking he’ll sit behind Jimmy for a year. Hopefully we ball out this year, then trade Jimmy to New England next year.

-ghoste

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Kyle Flemington, an NHL linesman this year who has done a handful of Florida Panther games, invited me into his Masters Invitational golf pool this year.
I ended up finishing 3rd out of 17. Only 1st got cash. When Xander put it in the drink on the 16th, my dreams ended.

PS, I thanked him for saving Verswaggy when on like the third game of the year, he broke up a fight and saved him from getting the pulp beat out of him.

zeroG

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2006
Somerville, MA
Aesthetically, I wish they could have gotten the downtown course, but logistically and practically I get why they went with Hard Rock.

such a shame. the city and/or county screwed this up. F1 wanted to race OVER the causeway! would've been amazing. they should revisit this decision ASAP.

venues outside cities are such a drag.

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
Aesthetically, I wish they could have gotten the downtown course, but logistically and practically I get why they went with Hard Rock.

Who wouldn't want to race in beautiful downtown Miami Gardens? Come for the potholes, stay for the muggings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad