OT: All Non-Hockey Sports Talk (2020-21 edition): MLB, NBA, NFL, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Poor drainage and poor road maintenance. I believe water is typically the key problem, hence up north you get problems in the spring.
Yes, up north water turns to snow and it creates whole different issues.
My dad was a truck driver though and said out of all the states and provinces he's drove in, Ontario has some of the best roads. They're always doing construction, but the roads are always really nice.

Reactions: Chaos2k7

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Just put $100 on Mr. Violas horse, Known Agenda, for tomorrow's Kentucky Derby. Pays out $750. Third favourite horse in the race, sitting the first Pole Position.
Last time Vinny had a horse in the race was 2017, and it won.
Worst-case I'm sending some good Juju the Panthers way.

Reactions: KW

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
2 losses to the Yankees would make you happy? :huh:
Blue Jays top pitching Prospect Alex Manoah is making his major league debut in game one today. That is must watch TV.
Game 2, Robbie Ray is throwing. He has been lights out this season.
Yankees haven't fared Very well against the Blue Jays this season.

I expect a sweep today.

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Blue Jays top pitching Prospect Alex Manoah is making his major league debut in game one today. That is must watch TV.
Game 2, Robbie Ray is throwing. He has been lights out this season.
Yankees haven't fared Very well against the Blue Jays this season.

I expect a sweep today.
Split.
Toronto won game 1, New York won game 2.

This week I got to watch my two favourite teams debut their top prospect from their respective 2019 drafts.
Both are very promising!

Reactions: PSLguy

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
I actually watched most of the game last night. I don't see Dallas making a lot of noise this postseason because it seems like a one-man show.
I do see them beating the Clippers. Clippers look lost out there.
Seems like?

It really f***ing IS lol. The offense pretty much goes through him. No one can create

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Game 4. He was completely destroyed over the nerve damage on his neck.

They got blown out.
I did notice that athletic tape; it looked to me like it was on his left? shoulder.

If they were to win, who would they play next round most likely? I am cautious saying that though, as Kawhi has been known to put teams on his back and lead them to championships :naughty: * cough * 2019

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
I did notice that athletic tape; it looked to me like it was on his left? shoulder.

If they were to win, who would they play next round most likely? I am cautious saying that though, as Kawhi has been known to put teams on his back and lead them to championships :naughty: * cough * 2019

Dallas gets Utah next if they win.

I don't know how long it will take the clippers to figure out that the rest of the roster is awful lol.

Just double Luka from half court on lmao

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Dallas gets Utah next if they win.

I don't know how long it will take the clippers to figure out that the rest of the roster is awful lol.

Just double Luka from half court on lmao
I heard takes that the Clippers are are easy to make fun of last year because they were so bad in the playoffs. This year it's not really funny. They just don't have a good team together.
With Kawhi, he's a good player, but he's not a vocal leader. He needs that good leadership. In San Antonio, they had a very talented team. Toronto, he had Kyle Lowry. He doesn't have anything that resembles anything like that in Los Angeles.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
I heard takes that the Clippers are are easy to make fun of last year because they were so bad in the playoffs. This year it's not really funny. They just don't have a good team together.
With Kawhi, he's a good player, but he's not a vocal leader. He needs that good leadership. In San Antonio, they had a very talented team. Toronto, he had Kyle Lowry. He doesn't have anything that resembles anything like that in Los Angeles.

They are missing a point guard in my opinion.

George and Kawhi aren't good passers

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
They are missing a point guard in my opinion.

George and Kawhi aren't good passers
Paul-yelling.gif

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
You saw last night exactly why he is so valuable. Game was speeding up and going in favor of the Lakers, insert Paul....an absolute master at pace control. It was beautiful to watch.
Actually didn't lol. I got up early enough to catch some of it (watched parts of Mavs/Clippers the other day before uni work), but it wasn't on our Finnish streaming service. Idk if it's connected to NBA European rights or something, but it's a coin toss on what they show until we get deeper into the playoffs. Looks like they have all the game 1's listed now for round 2, apart from Mavs/Clippers of course.

During the regular season they like to favour Bulls games for obvious reasons.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Actually didn't lol. I got up early enough to catch some of it (watched parts of Mavs/Clippers the other day before uni work), but it wasn't on our Finnish streaming service. Idk if it's connected to NBA European rights or something, but it's a coin toss on what they show until we get deeper into the playoffs. Looks like they have all the game 1's listed now for round 2, apart from Mavs/Clippers of course.

During the regular season they like to favour Bulls games for obvious reasons.
Because of Markkinen? lol

Reactions: FormerPantherFan

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Because of Markkinen? lol
*Markkanen

To be fair there was more buzz about the NBA here when he started, but I feel like the hype has died off. Hopefully some team signs him to an offer-sheet and he gets a fresh start somewhere else.

Our domestic league isn't the greatest (probably towards the bottom half of European leagues) and international games are far and few in between, so it's tough to get people interested when the media gives the sport very little coverage.

Reactions: Gentle Man

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
*Markkanen

To be fair there was more buzz about the NBA here when he started, but I feel like the hype has died off. Hopefully some team signs him to an offer-sheet and he gets a fresh start somewhere else.

Our domestic league isn't the greatest (probably towards the bottom half of European leagues) and international games are far and few in between, so it's tough to get people interested when the media gives the sport very little coverage.

I actually doubt Markkanen will in Chicago for much longer. He voiced interest in joining Luka, but Porzingis is a Bobrovsky sized blockade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad