OT: All Non-Hockey Sports Talk (2017-19 edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Going to be a great game 7 tonight! Very happy Mad Max is going to get to pitch after not being able to in game 5.

If I was the Astros I would be very scared. :scared:

Not lying, I was going to say Kendrick had a big game tonight.

I picked him up about five times this year, and had him for certain parts of the Season.

He was one of the reasons I was in the money this year in a big league. Very consistent hitter for a majority of the season.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
@Chaos2k7 and @PantherboyHTR

Thoughts on the defending champs this year? Off to a solid 4-1 start (only test was BOS and we lost) but a good test comes on Saturday against MIL and the Freak.

Speaking of the Freak, have you guys heard we will make sure to have max money for him in 2021 and Masai will try and lure him here with the massive Greek culture in Toronto?

Imagine the Freak, Siakim, Vanvleet and OG as a 4/5ths of your starting unit? Man oh man that would be sweet and we could have a good 3-4 year window. Long ways away but Masai is bold and has the cojones to make it happen

Reactions: Rahooji

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..

Thoughts on the defending champs this year? Off to a solid 4-1 start (only test was BOS and we lost) but a good test comes on Saturday against MIL and the Freak.

Speaking of the Freak, have you guys heard we will make sure to have max money for him in 2021 and Masai will try and lure him here with the massive Greek culture in Toronto?

Imagine the Freak, Siakim, Vanvleet and OG as a 4/5ths of your starting unit? Man oh man that would be sweet and we could have a good 3-4 year window. Long ways away but Masai is bold and has the cojones to make it happen

I watched a bit of their game last night before baseball got going. VanVleet has been money. NP has always been my guy, so nice to see him get more of an opportunity now. Since baseball is now over, I will have more time to watch them. Been pretty hit-or-miss so far this year, but I like everything I've seen so far.

Reactions: ThePatientPanther

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
@Ghoste, sloppy win tonight but did just enough, were due for a sub-par game but a win against SEA will erase this one for me. Drake killed us tonight, he had a great game for them.
8-0 brotha! Feels good, feels reeeeealllllyyy good

What's our record gonna be? 12-4? 13-3? 14-2? 15-1? 16-0?

Reactions: Ghoste

Ghoste

#JustGetIn
Sponsor
Sep 14, 2005
San Diego, CA
@Ghoste, sloppy win tonight but did just enough, were due for a sub-par game but a win against SEA will erase this one for me. Drake killed us tonight, he had a great game for them.
8-0 brotha! Feels good, feels reeeeealllllyyy good

What's our record gonna be? 12-4? 13-3? 14-2? 15-1? 16-0?
Short week and a little scary at the end but good win. Good that we seen a good dose of the option. I think the defense will learn some stuff from it. Jimmy G balled tonight, I was waiting for a really good game from him. Hopefully Kwon and Kittle are okay.

Our schedule is brutal in the second half of the season. I'd definitely be happy with 13-3.

-ghoste

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Short week and a little scary at the end but good win. Good that we seen a good dose of the option. I think the defense will learn some stuff from it. Jimmy G balled tonight, I was waiting for a really good game from him. Hopefully Kwon and Kittle are okay.

Our schedule is brutal in the second half of the season. I'd definitely be happy with 13-3.

-ghoste

Ya JG was forced to throw as the run game wasn't as dominant as usual but definitely one of his two better games this year.
Don't know why he is still doubted by most, he's not a top 5 QB but showing he is in the top 10 while making 20+ yard throws and is one of the better QB's on 3rd down.

The play that probably won us the game was the timeout called by ARI coach right before half, could have been very different if we don't get the 2nd chance and Sanders TD.
My heart sank watching the Kittle replay, I blew my knee apart on a similar play in lacrosse where someone was tripped and went shoulder to my kneecap and it dislocated to the right side of my leg and nearly severed one of my ligaments

I'm actually pumped for this part of the schedule, we have had an easier schedule in terms of QOC but it allowed us to tweak and fine-tune some things for this time of the year. More interested in the NO game to be honest, feel they may be one of the teams we have to beat if we go to the Bowl. Them or GB for sure. SEA game is most important in helping win the division and we could use the home field advantage because playing a playoff game in GB, SEA or NO would be a bit daunting.

Felt 12-4 was our best possible scenario so 13-3 is gravy and would exceed both our expectations.

Last edited:

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica

Still think we are a top 3 team in the East, and its wide open after that. Everyone is adjusting to a bigger role, and Nurse still needs to find the bench rotation.

So far no complaints, they never give us a chance to do anything anyways.

Drugs Delaney

Peace be with you.
Jan 31, 2013
Colorado
Such Bull**** that end

How the **** you miss that

It was worse to charge lebron on that drive anyway. He wasn't ever gonna put that bucket in himself. They should have let him score there. BTW what's up with Doncic throwing his head back without contact into Howard's eye and starts actually crying over the contact? Howard got hit in the eye but he didn't flinch. My Dad and I watched it in slow motion DVR like 20 times.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
It was worse to charge lebron on that drive anyway. He wasn't ever gonna put that bucket in himself. They should have let him score there. BTW what's up with Doncic throwing his head back without contact into Howard's eye and starts actually crying over the contact? Howard got hit in the eye but he didn't flinch. My Dad and I watched it in slow motion DVR like 20 times.

He was bleeding. So he did get hit.

He had stitches and went through concussion protocol. And you missed the collision with the 3rd player being there?

Drugs Delaney

Peace be with you.
Jan 31, 2013
Colorado
He was bleeding. So he did get hit.

He had stitches and went through concussion protocol. And you missed the collision with the 3rd player being there?
I watched it over and over. He threw his head back waiting for the collision and hit Howard in the face. If there was other contact it was in another dimension. I could tell he was in pain. I'm just in disbelief that Howard's face wields that kind of power.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
@Ghoste , how well can you kick a football man? Sounds like Gould is out and we just signed a free agent kicker....

But the best news is Staley and Juice are back. Greenlaw will probably be in place of Kwon, he's a rookie but is pretty quick and agile. Getting antsy for this game already. Thankfully theres 3 Panther games to subside for a bit.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
@ThePatientPanther
Defense did everything they could. They ball. We need some damn receivers that can catch a football. But I can live with a close loss with essentially no Sanders and no Kittle. Sucks it had to be the Seahawks though. Oh well.

-ghoste

Deebo had a great game. Hes tough as nails and broke a couple tackles. Buckner was also a beast tonight. Staley looked rusty but it was understandable.

JG didnt look good under pressure and once Sanders was out, he was lost without Kittle.

SEA knew to shut down the run game and our weakness (pass game) would be exposed. Happy the rookie kicker tied it and looked good and until he didnt.

It was an entertaining loss but we missed out on basically wrapping up the division there. Need to clean things up against GB and NO.

Clowney was a game changer for SEA. I read a report they may chase OBJ and go all in. They'd be scary if they added both of those guys in one year.

Last edited:

Ghoste

#JustGetIn
Sponsor
Sep 14, 2005
San Diego, CA
@Ghoste how ya feel about the GB-SF game tonight? Sounds like Kittle and Samuel are playing.

SEA @ PHI will be a scoreboard watch type game.

Love that FLA game ends just as SF game starts. Great day of sports watching.
Think it's going to be another grueling game. We are all sorts of banged up and I believe Green Bay is fairly healthy and coming off the bye. Need to get the running game going again even without Breida. O-line is going to need to give Jimmy G some time back there. And he needs to have a good game, no picks or fumbles. It's gonna be a tough one all the way around I think.

-ghoste

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Think it's going to be another grueling game. We are all sorts of banged up and I believe Green Bay is fairly healthy and coming off the bye. Need to get the running game going again even without Breida. O-line is going to need to give Jimmy G some time back there. And he needs to have a good game, no picks or fumbles. It's gonna be a tough one all the way around I think.

-ghoste

GB is ranked 25th for Rush Defense so that may help. Coleman could go off.
Think JG will go to his security blanket in Kittle a fair bit but Juice can truck some yards running or receiving. Samuel isnt scared of contact as well

Rodgers with only 2 INTs so far,
our defense is full of pressure, need to make some sacks and hurry him all night. Feel we have the toughness to grind it out on both sides of ball but JG will be the X factor as you pointed out.
Should he a fun one. Need the confidence boost with BAL and NO ahead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad