OT: All Non-Hockey Sports Talk (2017-19 edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
If any there was a time for us to take South Florida by storm, this is it. The Fins are in full tank mode, and won't be good for a few years. They have a CRAZY amount of picks in the upcoming drafts, but they still have a long road ahead of them. The Heat are meh, and the Marlins are crap. We will never be THE team in South Florida, but we could really build up our attendance with a strong upcoming season.

Drugs Delaney

Peace be with you.
Jan 31, 2013
Colorado
If any there was a time for us to take South Florida by storm, this is it. The Fins are in full tank mode, and won't be good for a few years. They have a CRAZY amount of picks in the upcoming drafts, but they still have a long road ahead of them. The Heat are meh, and the Marlins are crap. We will never be THE team in South Florida, but we could really build up our attendance with a strong upcoming season.
Just win baby!!!

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver

Remember this being said a couple of years ago. I hope you're right this time!

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
Remember this being said a couple of years ago. I hope you're right this time!

Yeah, but this offseason was like no other for the Panthers. Add to that how bad the rest of the teams are in South Florida, and its really an opportunistic time. The Heat will be a playoff team most likely, so they will be our only competition. The Fins will be lucky to win a game, and the Marlins are just trash. The Canes are the only other team that should do well (have them losing to Clemson in the ACC Championship game).

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
Gotta admire Antonio Brown. Throwing guaranteed 30 million out the window like it's no biggie.

The man is either a moron or crazy. Not sure which is worse.

Drugs Delaney

Peace be with you.
Jan 31, 2013
Colorado
I don’t see the Hurricanes going very far this year unless the Quarterback can do more than just trying to manage the game. Not enough prolific offensive players yet. I love them but they have a LOT of work to do. This should be a building season. I’m not dogging Jarren. He’s doing what he can behind a turnstile oline.

Last edited:

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
@Ghoste , bit of an ugly win for SF but we'll take it.
Our defense created so much, stopped 2 or 3 red zone TD's, 3 INT and had two pick 6's.
Bosa with two sacks, Ford will one as well.
Clean up the penalties and get Jimmy G more confident going deep.
Kittle is such a security blanket for JG but so clutch.

Reactions: Ghoste

Ghoste

#JustGetIn
Sponsor
Sep 14, 2005
San Diego, CA
@Ghoste , bit of an ugly win for SF but we'll take it.
Our defense created so much, stopped 2 or 3 red zone TD's, 3 INT and had two pick 6's.
Bosa with two sacks, Ford will one as well.
Clean up the penalties and get Jimmy G more confident going deep.
Kittle is such a security blanket for JG but so clutch.
Yup, I'll take that dub in an ugly game. Liked the D, penalties were yuck. Clean it up. Hope Gould is okay.

-ghoste

Reactions: ThePatientPanther

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
Sucks that the tank is a year too early. Hopefully it carries into next season as well. We have to get Lawrence.

The quality of that roster, they'll be tanking for a while.
Especially if they stay true to their word of not going after free agents.

But part of me wonders if they do get the first overall(Tua/Fromm) and Chris Jones hits FA, would they want to jump start the roster building?

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
The quality of that roster, they'll be tanking for a while.
Especially if they stay true to their word of not going after free agents.

But part of me wonders if they do get the first overall(Tua/Fromm) and Chris Jones hits FA, would they want to jump start the roster building?

I hope they don't use their 1st rounder on a QB because I don't think any QB is worthy of the pick. I am not a Tua fan. If they want to use the Houston pick on a QB, I don't have that big of an issue with that, but it depends on who is available at that pick. Id like to think that they are going to rebuild the right way, but I do not trust management. They want to go young, and through the draft, yet they tried for Clowney, who would have eaten a lot of that cap space we will have available. If I was running the team, I would draft OLine and DLine help, sign some stop gap vets to 1-2 year deals, and make a run at the top pick in the following draft, where we would get our QB in Lawrence.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
I hope they don't use their 1st rounder on a QB because I don't think any QB is worthy of the pick. I am not a Tua fan. If they want to use the Houston pick on a QB, I don't have that big of an issue with that, but it depends on who is available at that pick. Id like to think that they are going to rebuild the right way, but I do not trust management. They want to go young, and through the draft, yet they tried for Clowney, who would have eaten a lot of that cap space we will have available. If I was running the team, I would draft OLine and DLine help, sign some stop gap vets to 1-2 year deals, and make a run at the top pick in the following draft, where we would get our QB in Lawrence.

Just have a feeling that all this Tank for Tua talk is legit.
Think he has all the tools required but he also plays for a semi professional team(lol). Alabama is just loaded in talent so it's not like he has too many tough games. The stats too for when he plays a top 25 defense(IIRC) aren't that great either.

Getting a guy like Chase Young or AJ Epenesa would do wonders too but I think Ross wants that Franchise QB asap.

Wouldn't mind a QB like Eason, Love or even Herbert, guys who don't need a top 2 pick for.

If they go QB in the first, I hope the rest of the picks are on offensive line. Last thing they need is to find another Luck to only see him injured every year.

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
Just have a feeling that all this Tank for Tua talk is legit.
Think he has all the tools required but he also plays for a semi professional team(lol). Alabama is just loaded in talent so it's not like he has too many tough games. The stats too for when he plays a top 25 defense(IIRC) aren't that great either.

Getting a guy like Chase Young or AJ Epenesa would do wonders too but I think Ross wants that Franchise QB asap.

Wouldn't mind a QB like Eason, Love or even Herbert, guys who don't need a top 2 pick for.

If they go QB in the first, I hope the rest of the picks are on offensive line. Last thing they need is to find another Luck to only see him injured every year.

Love Chase Young. We could go Young, then move the Houston pick to get back in the upper half of the draft, and get Epenesa, or maybe even Delpit. Imagine building a D around two of those three, along with X, Fitz, Wilkins, etc. We can go Young, and try to move up to get Little, which would add a piece to both lines. There are so many options to play with, I just hope the team looks beyond Tua.

Reactions: Frisky Dingo

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
Im done with the Dolphins, until Ross gets a legitimate GM, and keeps his ass out of that GMs business. Grier is a trash GM, and I have. I trust in him having all those picks over the next two drafts. Now the team could trade Minkah, because he’s frustrated with the coaching staff moving him to different positions. Moves Jones, and stuck him at safety, and be done with it.

Reactions: Pumaconcolorcoryi

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
Well, rooting for Dallas is pretty easy this week.

Hopefully they eclipse the 59 point mark set by the Ravens.

Drugs Delaney

Peace be with you.
Jan 31, 2013
Colorado
Well, it certainly looks like the Dolphins “Revolt” over the tunsil trade is in full effect. No matter. A loss is a loss. THey are the ones that look stupid on the field.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
:laugh: I was wondering where 'ShootIt' went.....
Didnt notice the username change. Love the new avatar

DAL looks real good this year. Witten hasnt missed a beat. Dak looks sharp early on.

Been on here for over a decade while when the Panthers have been meh.

Feeling good about this team now, so wanted a fresh start on the name/avatar.

Yea, so far so good. Handled two rivals pretty well. Optimistic mainly cause Dak looks pretty good with Moore at OC.

Reactions: ThePatientPanther
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad