OT: All Non-Hockey Sports Talk (2017-19 edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Hoping we can go all the way now. We kept our solid young defense and added to it with KL who also replaces most of DDs offense. We have one year to romance him with the bigger 5 year deal where other teams can only give 4 years. Even if he stays for 2 years, I'm coming around to the conclusion we are going all in to make the finals and think we have a great shot now with LBJ out west.

We got the #1 and #3 player in a 4 player deal. The 1st hurts but easy to take if we make a deep run. We've made other big names fall in love with T.O, maybe just maybe.

Article I read said HOU is front runner to land Melo. Dont know why unless it's a 1 year $5million a year. He's still getting the $28 million even when waived by ATL

It makes sense for Houston as they lost Ariza and Mbah-Moute. But my goodness is that an epic downgrade LOL.

Reactions: ThePatientPanther

Drugs Delaney

Peace be with you.
Jan 31, 2013
Colorado
This is the most fun Dolphins game I’ve seen in a long time. Wild play actions and a 74 yard TD.

I was sitting in a Bdubs with Raiders fans for that game. It was great! I laughed so hard at that Amare Cooper drop down the sideline in the fourth beer came out of my nose. Wow that guy has fallen off.

Drugs Delaney

Peace be with you.
Jan 31, 2013
Colorado
Adam Gase made great second half adjustments today against Gruden. I was impressed. It took a few well executed trick plays but they did it. I’m going to hold my prediction for next week’s game until after I watch the Pats at Lions tonight. I’m not sure what the Patriots are yet.

Drugs Delaney

Peace be with you.
Jan 31, 2013
Colorado
I’m not impressed by this year’s Patriots Squad so far. I definitely think the Fins have a good chance to beat them next week.

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
I’m not impressed by this year’s Patriots Squad so far. I definitely think the Fins have a good chance to beat them next week.

I do too, depending on how healthy we are.

X is a f$&@%#g star! Dude can play. Nice to have a star CB again on the team. He and Fitz will be monsters for us for years to come.

Reactions: Rahooji

Drugs Delaney

Peace be with you.
Jan 31, 2013
Colorado
I do too, depending on how healthy we are.

X is a f$&@%#g star! Dude can play. Nice to have a star CB again on the team. He and Fitz will be monsters for us for years to come.

Howard is a beast! The Hayes injury looked bad. I hope he’s okay. Now that the Lions took care of the Pats the Dolphins will still be in first place leaving Foxborough no matter if they win or lose.

Drugs Delaney

Peace be with you.
Jan 31, 2013
Colorado
It looks like William Hayes tore his acl trying to avoid landing too hard on Carr during the sack. This is going to be an issue with the league and players.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
Jimmy Butler to Miami would be huge.

TBH, only guy off the table for me would be Bam. Richardson would be tough to lose, but worth it for the short term gain for JB

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
Jimmy Butler to Miami would be huge.

TBH, only guy off the table for me would be Bam. Richardson would be tough to lose, but worth it for the short term gain for JB

Dont really want to give up Richardson. They key to a trade like that would be to keep Richardson. Him and Butler defending on the wing would be tough on any team in the league. We have to find a way to get rid of TJ in this deal. That contract is bad.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
Dont really want to give up Richardson. They key to a trade like that would be to keep Richardson. Him and Butler defending on the wing would be tough on any team in the league. We have to find a way to get rid of TJ in this deal. That contract is bad.

Yea I hear ya. Just for me, if the only holdup is Richardson I would cave.

We are screwed with TJ. Riley should of never matched but what's done is done. Another bloated contract we may be stuck with.

Drugs Delaney

Peace be with you.
Jan 31, 2013
Colorado
Like I said, fraud team.

And if anyone hasn’t seen the Eifert injury yet, good! I suggest you don’t!!!

Bad game by the entire team today. I’m not too upset at it though. What I’d really like to see is Devante Parker released. I think that project has run its course. He can’t stay on the field and is just dead weight at this point. Meanwhile, Dez Bryant is still looking for a job. I know he’s lost a step but at least he can get on the field. I’d also put some serious thought into trading their first round pick next season for Le’Veon Bell. They aren’t likely to get a better player with their pick.

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
Bad game by the entire team today. I’m not too upset at it though. What I’d really like to see is Devante Parker released. I think that project has run its course. He can’t stay on the field and is just dead weight at this point. Meanwhile, Dez Bryant is still looking for a job. I know he’s lost a step but at least he can get on the field. I’d also put some serious thought into trading their first round pick next season for Le’Veon Bell. They aren’t likely to get a better player with their pick.

Nah, Im not giving up anything for Bell, when we have pieces that will need to be re-signed soon. Plus, we are going to need a QB as well, so Im not giving up our 1st.

Reactions: Rahooji

Drugs Delaney

Peace be with you.
Jan 31, 2013
Colorado
Last year’s quarterback class was the one. Rosen should have been a Dolphin imo instead if Minkah. I’m not unhappy with Minkah at all as a player but I think missing out on a quality QB was a mistake.

The offensive line needs some serious tinkering to get their running game going so they don’t have to lean on Tannehill every game. He’s not that kind of QB. The way they got handled today by what I still think is a mediocre team with a great QB was sad to watch but not in any way a season ender. They just have to get their millionaire asses in gear! Gut check time boys.

Asheville

Feb 1, 2018
Ryan "let's make the practice squad a trophy" Tannehill showing us he we thought he was.

And Stills, Wilson: keep kneeling and I'll continue taking pleasure in your defeats.

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
Last year’s quarterback class was the one. Rosen should have been a Dolphin imo instead if Minkah. I’m not unhappy with Minkah at all as a player but I think missing out on a quality QB was a mistake.

The offensive line needs some serious tinkering to get their running game going so they don’t have to lean on Tannehill every game. He’s not that kind of QB. The way they got handled today by what I still think is a mediocre team with a great QB was sad to watch but not in any way a season ender. They just have to get their millionaire asses in gear! Gut check time boys.

Im not sold on Allen yet. Im glad all the QBs were gone when we picked, because I think Minkah is going to be one of the best D players taken in the draft, and will be a star in our secondary, along with X, for years to come.

The playcalling is terrible as well. You know exactly what they are going to run, when they are going to run it, what they are going to do on this down, that down, etc. This mediocre team disguises itself as a good team, and unfortunately, the only way we get better is if we clean house, from Tannenbaum down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad