OT: All Non-Hockey Sports Talk (2017-19 edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
The seven teams that are going to meet with him are Philly, Cleveland, Miami, Houston, Boston, Lakers, and GSW. If he wants to be a billionaire athlete, which he has said is a goal of his, he will go to the Lakers. If he wants a chance to win, without going the extremely easy way by joining the Warriors, he will go to Philly. Boston would be good too, but I just dont see him and Kyrie getting along. I wouldnt mind seeing him come back to Miami, but Im actually getting tired of the Lebron show. The guy is absolutely amazing, its the circus that comes with him that I can live without.

Popopovich is getting a meeting.

I'd go there with Kawhii

TheImpatientPanther

Florida Flukin Panthers > LTIR Maple Leafs
Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
The seven teams that are going to meet with him are Philly, Cleveland, Miami, Houston, Boston, Lakers, and GSW. If he wants to be a billionaire athlete, which he has said is a goal of his, he will go to the Lakers. If he wants a chance to win, without going the extremely easy way by joining the Warriors, he will go to Philly. Boston would be good too, but I just dont see him and Kyrie getting along. I wouldnt mind seeing him come back to Miami, but Im actually getting tired of the Lebron show. The guy is absolutely amazing, its the circus that comes with him that I can live without.

I agree, Philly or Houston are the smart choices if CP3 re-signs with HOU. That gives him best shot to knock off GSW and PHI gives him the best landing spot for the next 4-5 years, that team would be legit within 2 years.

Don't see CLE, BOS or MIA making sense but NYK and even MIL would be my dark horse guess.

Popopovich is getting a meeting.

I'd go there with Kawhii

Does Kawhii want to stay in SAS though?

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
I agree, Philly or Houston are the smart choices if CP3 re-signs with HOU. That gives him best shot to knock off GSW and PHI gives him the best landing spot for the next 4-5 years, that team would be legit within 2 years.

Don't see CLE, BOS or MIA making sense but NYK and even MIL would be my dark horse guess.

Does Kawhii want to stay in SAS though?

Pop is meeting with him too.

Not to mention the money difference between the Spurs and another team is a whopping 80 million.

Reactions: ThePatientPanther

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
Need to shed some deadweight contracts though.

Whiteside has the talent, but lacks the mental part to be elite. At this point, his contract is a hindrance.
TJ now is in the ballooned portion of his poison pill deal. 19+mil for this and next year...

I'll be amazed if Riley can pull anything off this year.
Expect it to be quiet and hope for healthy years from Waiters and others.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Super ecstatic for Doncic.

Lots of scouts saying he is the best player in the draft. Just sucks that Dirk is an eroded fossil. But Dennis Smith Jr + Doncic = Let's GO

Reactions: Rahooji

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Pfft.

14ea4c4aba511109c4e97560b32402b8.jpg

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
As a Raptor fan, it's a risky move and think it will backfire since Kawhi has said he has no interest in playing or extending for/with us.
I look at it this way.

Without the move, Toronto has a pretty good chance to make the final, but if that had happened, there would've always been that "yeah, but.." -argument attached to it with the Lebron-less eastern conference. On top of that, they would've been killed by GSW or Houston.

With the move, even if Kawhi walks next year (or Raptors end up trading him mid-season if things turn real ugly), Toronto can say "well at least we tried", get rid of Derozan's salary (he isn't worth that much on a championship level team) and start a rebuild. Starting a rebuild this way is a lot easier to sell to the fans, than getting rid of your star players for scraps. Derozan and Lowry aren't worth that much because of their huge salaries, without taking back close to equal money.

And hey you never know, Paul George was destined to be a Laker in 2017 and then ended up re-signing with OKC. Maybe Kawhi doesn't want to play with Lebron and likes it in the six. It's not a good look on Raptors brass though that they went to great length to assure Derozan that he isn't getting traded.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
I look at it this way.

Without the move, Toronto has a pretty good chance to make the final, but if that had happened, there would've always been that "yeah, but.." -argument attached to it with the Lebron-less eastern conference. On top of that, they would've been killed by GSW or Houston.

With the move, even if Kawhi walks next year (or Raptors end up trading him mid-season if things turn real ugly), Toronto can say "well at least we tried", get rid of Derozan's salary (he isn't worth that much on a championship level team) and start a rebuild. Starting a rebuild this way is a lot easier to sell to the fans, than getting rid of your star players for scraps. Derozan and Lowry aren't worth that much because of their huge salaries, without taking back close to equal money.

And hey you never know, Paul George was destined to be a Laker in 2017 and then ended up re-signing with OKC. Maybe Kawhi doesn't want to play with Lebron and likes it in the six. It's not a good look on Raptors brass though that they went to great length to assure Derozan that he isn't getting traded.

Ya I agree with the going for it comment and not selling DD for picks.

Only way I see KL staying is if we go to finals this year and offer him the max $191 million dollar offer which is $50 million higher than other teams could offer.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
Lmao. Pop is savage.

He is demanading to go to LA, he got sent out of the country.

Pop now is in favor of building a wall along Canada lol.

SAS gets a(proven) good player in return but man this could backfire for Toronto. DD was loved in Toronto and now they are getting a guy who may have no desire to play there.
KL really got bad advice on how to deal with his injury/wanting to leave the SAS. Talk about going to LA when you are a soon to be FA, not with one more year left.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA

Epic win for OKC.

As a huge PG fan, love this trade for them. Raymond Felton is not a good backup...Schroeder is starter caliber AND they save money.

LOL to whoever drools over Melo and signs him.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Pop now is in favor of building a wall along Canada lol.

SAS gets a(proven) good player in return but man this could backfire for Toronto. DD was loved in Toronto and now they are getting a guy who may have no desire to play there.
KL really got bad advice on how to deal with his injury/wanting to leave the SAS. Talk about going to LA when you are a soon to be FA, not with one more year left.

Hoping we can go all the way now. We kept our solid young defense and added to it with KL who also replaces most of DDs offense. We have one year to romance him with the bigger 5 year deal where other teams can only give 4 years. Even if he stays for 2 years, I'm coming around to the conclusion we are going all in to make the finals and think we have a great shot now with LBJ out west.

We got the #1 and #3 player in a 4 player deal. The 1st hurts but easy to take if we make a deep run. We've made other big names fall in love with T.O, maybe just maybe.

Epic win for OKC.

As a huge PG fan, love this trade for them. Raymond Felton is not a good backup...Schroeder is starter caliber AND they save money.

LOL to whoever drools over Melo and signs him.

Article I read said HOU is front runner to land Melo. Dont know why unless it's a 1 year $5million a year. He's still getting the $28 million even when waived by ATL

Last edited:
Reactions: ShootIt
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->