OT: All Non-Hockey Sports Talk (2017-19 edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheImpatientPanther

Florida Flukin Panthers > LTIR Maple Leafs
Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Stroman has been too vocal this offseason, its a matter of when he is dealt IMO, looked great last night.

Ya he has alot of angst when talking about his future. Says he loves Canada, Toronto and the fans but deep down I think he'll have a great year and asked/put on trade block as we can get a good piece for him if he does well. Wouldn't hate it if he did stick around as well, as long as he doesnt demand a ludicrous deal.

Imo he will get dealt to a contender and then sign a good 4-5 year deal in a US city of his choice. By the time this team is ready to contend, he will be 30-31 and would prefer big money spent on the current youth or key free agent depth signings

Reactions: Chaos2k7

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
@PantherboyHTR

Holy! Your boy Thornton threw a gem today. 5 shutout IP, 8 K's with only 2 hits against.

We were down 3-0 after Mayza came in but Rowdy popped a 3 run bomb!
Been an exciting series so far and pitching has looked great. I know its DET but if they can win here late, a 3-1 start is very encouraging.

Reactions: Chaos2k7

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
I think the browns will be right in the thick of things. I like the idea of the Jags with a good quarterback as well.
I’m a huge Nick Foles Fan. I loved watching him at Arizona VS Luck. I’m gonna jump on the Jags bandwagon for a season while my team is busy building an 0-16 squad.
I like this

Reactions: Rahooji

Bag Of Beans

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
@PantherboyHTR

Holy! Your boy Thornton threw a gem today. 5 shutout IP, 8 K's with only 2 hits against.

We were down 3-0 after Mayza came in but Rowdy popped a 3 run bomb!
Been an exciting series so far and pitching has looked great. I know its DET but if they can win here late, a 3-1 start is very encouraging.

Yes looks like I made a good choice with Thornton, but so far a horrible Choice with gurriel JR. He looks lost. His swing is insanely long right now. I feel like it might be best to just send him down to figure everything out. I don't like how they keep moving him around the infield. his natural spot is SS, but I think they want to groom him for a different position. He is not a 1B.

Reactions: ThePatientPanther

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
Apparently the NBA had already been made know of extortion attempts before the case went public.

She accused of him of rape the night he tore his ACL
People are so stupid in this day and age, always with a hand out, trying to live of others misery. The last thing this world needed was more idiots working eachother up into tizzeys with online social media. Everything is confirmed and blown out of proportion without any facts, people are judging this young millionaire without a second thought.

As if he would have a hard time picking up a date, lol

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
Yes looks like I made a good choice with Thornton, but so far a horrible Choice with gurriel JR. He looks lost. His swing is insanely long right now. I feel like it might be best to just send him down to figure everything out. I don't like how they keep moving him around the infield. his natural spot is SS, but I think they want to groom him for a different position. He is not a 1B.

Galvis' leadership is too important, I also feel they have already decided that when Bichette comes up he will take over at SS, Gurriel might end up in the outfield, like his brother. But not if he cannot correct his swing.

Ugly start offensively for the Jays, Pitching surprisingly good.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
Sucks when your best player is 37 and is retiring.

Dunno how, or if, Riley can get himself out of the mess he created down here.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
No chance.

I am going for OKC. Love PG

Godamnit Puma! We (Canada) need this!!! OKC had their time...

TVT2.gif

Drugs Delaney

Peace be with you.
Jan 31, 2013
Colorado
It's not just that.

They have no one to build around, and isnt Whiteside still under contract? He isnt a building piece.

You guys dont have a lot of cap space either, I know Dragic is off the books

Riley overpaid his guys but it’s not the end of the world. He came under a ton of fire after supposedly shortchanging Wade and made mistakes. His good outweighs the bad. They aren’t in dire straights yet though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->