OT: All Non-Hockey Sports Talk (2017-19 edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Depends. For New York, they now have 74 Mil for Free Agency. So they could land 2 Max agents. Durant + another for example. If they get two players, then sure, it works out for them.

For Dallas, it is irrelevant. We now have Luka + Kristaps to build around. That is 2/3 of a 3 headed monster. Tim Hardaway Jr and Courtney improves us as Wes Matthews is bad.
DSJ is addition by subtraction. No more conflict with Luka for touches. Deandre has always been meh to me.

It's either a win/win or a win/LOL Knicks/

I thought KP was injured? Is it different from NHL where you can trade injured players?
Looking at the standings maybe his injury helps you tank more to get a top 5 pick? What type/position of player would be drafted?

I'd assume with that top 5 pick you draft the 3rd head to the trio? Or do you have enough cap to chase a decent free agent in off season? Maybe a deal for Beal from WSH?

Sounds like you guys win this now and long term but Knicks win by accelerating their rebuild with infinite cap space/super max deals for 2 big names. Curious who they will go after though. Figure Durant will just take a pay cut and re-sign. Feel DG or Clay will leave GSW.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
I thought KP was injured? Is it different from NHL where you can trade injured players?
Looking at the standings maybe his injury helps you tank more to get a top 5 pick? What type/position of player would be drafted?

I'd assume with that top 5 pick you draft the 3rd head to the trio? Or do you have enough cap to chase a decent free agent in off season? Maybe a deal for Beal from WSH?

Sounds like you guys win this now and long term but Knicks win by accelerating their rebuild with infinite cap space/super max deals for 2 big names. Curious who they will go after though. Figure Durant will just take a pay cut and re-sign. Feel DG or Clay will leave GSW.

KP is injured. Recovering from ACL. He likely doesnt return this year. The Mavs are actually better now even without KP. Matthews and DSJ have been bad. From what I know of Cubes, we likely chase a 3rd head.

Knicks are trying to buy into contention. With Luka, the Mavs have a LONG window. KP is also only 23. If KP is healthy, our window is opening. But as it is, we should make the playoffs with Luka and KP next year. Luka's trajectory is incredible.

Reactions: ThePatientPanther

Drugs Delaney

Peace be with you.
Jan 31, 2013
Colorado
The Heat are driving me crazy this season. The minute I think they are going to consider tanking they refuse to lose and look like a playoff team again.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
The gambler in me wants to bet on the Browns being a playoff team this year. Thoughts?
Their division just got worse and they added two divas, but if they can control them should be a 9-10 win team no?

Drugs Delaney

Peace be with you.
Jan 31, 2013
Colorado
The gambler in me wants to bet on the Browns being a playoff team this year. Thoughts?
Their division just got worse and they added two divas, but if they can control them should be a 9-10 win team no?

I think the browns will be right in the thick of things. I like the idea of the Jags with a good quarterback as well.
I’m a huge Nick Foles Fan. I loved watching him at Arizona VS Luck. I’m gonna jump on the Jags bandwagon for a season while my team is busy building an 0-16 squad.

Bag Of Beans

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Awesome to hear the good news!
Pop in more if ya can, wouldn't mind talking some Blue Jays with ya. Exciting pipeline of talent coming up soon.
Talk soon :cheers:

So excited that ball has started!
I think the Jays will be competitive this year, even though it's transition year. The problem is that once any veterans become good the team will sell them off at high value I think. But I love that their farm system is top 5 in baseball now. I have big personal expectations for Gurriel Jr this year, as well as Thornton. Think they will become pleasant surprises. Sure was a good game yesterday. Stroman looks on point!

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
I think the Jays will be competitive this year, even though it's transition year. The problem is that once any veterans become good the team will sell them off at high value I think. But I love that their farm system is top 5 in baseball now. I have big personal expectations for Gurriel Jr this year, as well as Thornton. Think they will become pleasant surprises. Sure was a good game yesterday. Stroman looks on point!
Hate to break it to yous guys, but the team that will win this year has Aaron Judge and Giancarlo Stanton on it...

Reactions: PSLguy

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada

Need some more LHP prospects. Got some good RHP options marinating right now. I like Borucki, hoping he can be in the starting 5 when healthy. Giles and Shoemaker are good cheap pitching options if they return to form from injury.

Also love Bo, just has that baseball pedigree and works hard on and off the diamond. Should be a great utility player. Vladdy and Biggio also have good pedigrees. The offense could be great if they all pan out. Feel management is trying to mimick HOU. Go young and develop your stud picks. Insulate when ready. Have to. Cant compete with NYY and BOS cap spending.

May be able to trade a Pillar or Smoaky if management dont feel like extending them.
You think Stroman would stay if offered a fair offer? Hes a possible trade chip too. Personally like Sanchez better but you're right, when Stro is ON, hes a top #1/2 in the rotation.

Gurriel is sick! Dont know much about Thornton but hes obviously good if hes in the top 10 prospects for us. Should be a fun year to watch the young guns build the identity to the team going forward.

Last edited:

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
Need some more LHP prospects. Got some good RHP options marinating right now. I like Borucki, hoping he can be in the starting 5 when healthy. Giles and Shoemaker are good cheap pitching options if they return to form from injury.

Also love Bo, just has that baseball pedigree and works hard on and off the diamond. Should be a great utility player. Vladdy and Biggio also have good pedigrees. The offense could be great if they all pan out. Feel management is trying to mimick HOU. Go young and develop your stud picks. Insulate when ready. Have to. Cant compete with NYY and BOS cap spending.

May be able to trade a Pillar or Smoaky if management dont feel like extending them.
You think Stroman would stay if offered a fair offer? Hes a possible trade chip too. Personally like Sanchez better but you're right, when Stro is ON, hes a top #1/2 in the rotation.

Gurriel is sick! Dont know much about Thornton but hes obviously good if hes in the top 10 prospects for us. Should be a fun year to watch the young guns build the identity to the team going forward.
Stroman has been too vocal this offseason, its a matter of when he is dealt IMO, looked great last night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->