OT: All Non-Hockey Sports Talk (2017-19 edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drugs Delaney

Peace be with you.
Jan 31, 2013
Colorado
It’s nice to see Whiteside actually give a crap and show up every now and then. I hope he can keep his spirits up. The team is finally getting healthy and have decent depth with guys like Ellington and Waiters basically resting. Dragic will be back after the all star break.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
I think the Fins already have their guy (Richards), they just need to wait until Dallas is out of the playoffs to make it official.

Yup. My thought as well.

He'll make the secondary elite. Just need to have more good drafts to fix the rest of the team.

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
Yup. My thought as well.

He'll make the secondary elite. Just need to have more good drafts to fix the rest of the team.

Well Murray is supposedly declaring, so I’d go with him with our 1st rounder, if he’s still there. I really want us to just suck for Lawrence, but that is two years from now. I think Murray has the “it” factor, despite his height.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
Well Murray is supposedly declaring, so I’d go with him with our 1st rounder, if he’s still there. I really want us to just suck for Lawrence, but that is two years from now. I think Murray has the “it” factor, despite his height.

I was hoping he would fall like Wilson, but been seeing those first round grades too.

Yea, would love to get Lawrence but 2 years away is a long time in the NFL. While Ross seems like he rather build the team properly now instead of big name signings I can't see the Fins passing up on QB's in 19 or 20 depending on how the draft falls.

I wouldn't mind Haskins or even Grier intrigues me a bit.

Paddy Fisher is a LB I would like the team add in the draft, hopefully in day 2.

Last edited:

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
Gase got hired before the Dolphins found his replacement. He’s the new HC of the NY Jets.

I'm surprised, but also not surprised that the Jets did this. Apparently they didn't want to give Mike McCarthy any say in personnel, and they didn't want to let Matt Rhule pick his own coaching staff. Which is bizarre.

This is the kind of move where a typical jaded Dolphins fan will predict Gase goes on to be the next Don Shula with the Jets. Not me. I've seen enough AFC East incest over the past twenty-five years to know how this is going to work out: With the Jets and Dolphins both looking for new coaches on January 1st, 2021.

Yup. My thought as well.

He's not making that secondary elite any time soon. The Dolphins actually already have a pretty good secondary coach, they just don't have enough talent. Leave it to the Dolphins to promote the guy who pounded the table for Charles Harris to VP of Football Operations. Wonder who's going to replace him after the team goes 6-26?

Maybe they could run a lottery for season ticket holders and let one of them take over the team. Couldn't do any worse.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
Anthony Davis wants out of NO. He will probably go to LA or Boston, but hopefully Riley has some tricks up how sleeve!!!

I could only imagine the asking price .

Richardson + Bam to start? Maybe Winslow too.

Which I would totally give up+

But I think he's la bound due to his agent

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Uhhhhh break this down for me? Feel like DAL won this trade?

Depends. For New York, they now have 74 Mil for Free Agency. So they could land 2 Max agents. Durant + another for example. If they get two players, then sure, it works out for them.

For Dallas, it is irrelevant. We now have Luka + Kristaps to build around. That is 2/3 of a 3 headed monster. Tim Hardaway Jr and Courtney improves us as Wes Matthews is bad.
DSJ is addition by subtraction. No more conflict with Luka for touches. Deandre has always been meh to me.

It's either a win/win or a win/LOL Knicks/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad