OT: All Non-Hockey Sports Talk (2017-19 edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drugs Delaney

Peace be with you.
Jan 31, 2013
Colorado
Do you know how mad Bill Belichick has to be that they gave this loss a name that he’ll be tied to forever? Oh man. I’m all giddy thinking about his pain!

I have hated that man ever since he had Doug Flutie drop kick a field goal to disrespect the Dolphins years ago. I don’t even hate Brady. Just Billy boy.

Drugs Delaney

Peace be with you.
Jan 31, 2013
Colorado
-dNxAwBGvVc

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
Gase is gone. sounds like he lost the lockerroom. No surprise.

T-Baum out of personnel but still employed...
Going to be another "fun" offseason in Miami

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
They are gonna tank next season. They want the QB from Oregon.

which makes me wonder who they'll hire for HC. Would an true up and coming HC want to be in that situation? Or are we getting Marvin Lewis to lead the mediocre tank?

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
If the Dolphins wanted to tank the 2019 campaign, they would have promoted Matt Burke (or just called Gase's bluff and retained him) and started Brock Osweiler 16 games.

Drugs Delaney

Peace be with you.
Jan 31, 2013
Colorado
If the Dolphins wanted to tank the 2019 campaign, they would have promoted Matt Burke (or just called Gase's bluff and retained him) and started Brock Osweiler 16 games.
Ross said that Gase wants to win now. Ross said that’s not going to happen anytime soon with the new long rebuild strategy. Osweiler might start still.

WaitingForThatCab

Mar 11, 2017
Ross said that Gase wants to win now. Ross said that’s not going to happen anytime soon with the new long rebuild strategy. Osweiler might start still.

The way Adam Gase coached the Dolphins, turned the players against him and handled free agent acquisitions, I don't think he's going to be winning anywhere any time soon.

WaitingForThatCab

Mar 11, 2017
There are a ton of HC openings in the league. I bet he gets hired.

I'd be surprised if he gets hired in this cycle. Despite the full court press that his agent is putting on in the media right now, players talk around the league. Coaches talk. The well is very poisoned right now.

He certainly can't take the Cleveland job with Landry there, lol

Reactions: ShootIt and Rahooji

Drugs Delaney

Peace be with you.
Jan 31, 2013
Colorado
I'd be surprised if he gets hired in this cycle. Despite the full court press that his agent is putting on in the media right now, players talk around the league. Coaches talk. The well is very poisoned right now.

He certainly can't take the Cleveland job with Landry there, lol

I’m pretty sure he’d get hired here in Denver. They’d probably take Tanny with him.

WaitingForThatCab

Mar 11, 2017
He definitely has bad blood with Elway. He seems to have bad blood with a lot of folks. People have made jokes about this, but the guy definitely has some kind of social disorder. I would guess Asperger's. In hindsight, the first major red flag should have been when Dan Campbell refused to stay on as the TEs coach after Gase got the job over him. Campbell knew Gase previously and as soon as Gase got the job Campbell asked to get the hell out of Dodge.

I think the problem starts with Steve Ross. With both Gase and Joe Philbin, he hired two guys who have no people skills whatsoever. A football coach has to manage relationships with the front office, his staff, his players, and the media in order to be successful. Gase and Philbin both failed miserably in this area and it was the primary catalyst for both of their downfalls. Gase honestly could have survived this season if he hadn't started acting like an emotionally stunted dipstick. I would imagine that telling the owner "Nah, can't talk now, f*** off" after the Colts game was the point at which his job hit serious jeopardy.

Hopefully Ross has learned from this and will hire someone with people management skills this time.

WaitingForThatCab

Mar 11, 2017
I think Ryan Tannehill will wind up in Washington. The situation in which I think he winds up in Denver will be if they hire Mike Shanahan. Shanahan loved him in the draft and he's kind of the prototypical Shanahan quarterback. Or he was, before his body got wracked by a billion injuries. He never had great movement in the pocket, but with the leg injuries it's just downright bad.

He's also never been the kind of guy who's going to put a team on his back. A good supporting team that can pass protect well and has a good defense will win a lot of games with him and will make us all feel worse as it highlights that we basically ruined a good quarterback prospect by surrounding him with a tire fire.

Drugs Delaney

Peace be with you.
Jan 31, 2013
Colorado
I’ve been reading about possible stop gap QB’s until the Fins draft the guy they want. I’ve read it could be either Flacco, Bridgewater or Foles.

I would love to see Foles in Miami but he wouldn’t help a tank. He’s a winner.

Reactions: ShootIt

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
Foles would be nice but I think Philly can trade him even if his price jumps up for 2019.

Bridgewater is overrated ever since his injury . Was a bus driver in minny.

Flacco is a 2-3 year stop gap .Better fix that line before he gets sacked every snap.

WaitingForThatCab

Mar 11, 2017
I’ve been reading about possible stop gap QB’s until the Fins draft the guy they want. I’ve read it could be either Flacco, Bridgewater or Foles.

I would love to see Foles in Miami but he wouldn’t help a tank. He’s a winner.

The best stopgap QB would be someone like Jay Cutler, if we can get him back out of retirement a second time. The Dolphins need to blow it up and simply get bad contracts off the books next season.

Well okay, Cutler is too expensive. Maybe DeShone Kizer? Bring Hue with him for a year.

Drugs Delaney

Peace be with you.
Jan 31, 2013
Colorado
The best stopgap QB would be someone like Jay Cutler, if we can get him back out of retirement a second time. The Dolphins need to blow it up and simply get bad contracts off the books next season.

Well okay, Cutler is too expensive. Maybe DeShone Kizer? Bring Hue with him for a year.
Now this sounds terrible! Let’s get it done!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad