ALL JERSEY TALK HERE - New Adidas Jersey Unveiling 6/20 (Teaser Posted) - Part Eight

Status
Not open for further replies.

PHILOUDELPHIA

Feb 29, 2012
South Jersey NJ
You sure about the car insurance part? I'm going through this process now. I had to switch my car insurance BEFORE I applied to transfer registration to NJ.

I should have done it months ago but dragged my feet after my wife legitimately waited MONTHS for Hyundai Financing to get off their ass and finally send the title (Even though they said they did over and over).

Also, this being in the jersey thread is everything to me.

Today, I got an NJ CDL A no problem there, although I gotta submit fingerprints before 2 of my 4 endorsements can transfer however that's another story.

I spoke to my insurance today, they said they could transfer the car insurance today. However, I would have to surrender my PA plates and mail them back to PA. She said wait till the NJ plates are ready then switch.

So right now, I have an NJ license with my car in PA and insurance in PA. It's dum.

PHILOUDELPHIA

Feb 29, 2012
South Jersey NJ
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

I was going to ask you what the hell this was doing in this thread, but it is, indeed, Jersey talk. And yes, I went through this exact process in May.

I was able to fill out all the relevant paperwork for my car at the DMV without the title present, and then I had to contact my lender and have them send it over. I forget exactly how it went down, because there's nothing particularly memorable about standing in a DMV or standing in a DMV parking lot smoking on hold with a bank, but I believe I had to go back because I didn't realize the financing half of it. Happened pretty quick though.

You never touch the title, it's just sent to NJ for the transfer and then sent back to the lender. It really happens as fast as your lender can get it over to the state, so if I recall you'll need to get the info on where to send it from the MVC and then let them know.

Luckily, the inspection is a damn breeze. You just drive up, kill the engine, they basically plug a fancy OBD scanner into your car, turn the key, stare at the screen for 30 seconds, and slap a sticker in your window.
You sure about the car insurance part? I'm going through this process now. I had to switch my car insurance BEFORE I applied to transfer registration to NJ.

I should have done it months ago but dragged my feet after my wife legitimately waited MONTHS for Hyundai Financing to get off their ass and finally send the title (Even though they said they did over and over).

I just can't believe we are at the end of another ALL Jersey talk thread. I can't wait for you to pick the new name for the 9th edition.

Reactions: God Bless Mr Gritty

PHILOUDELPHIA

Feb 29, 2012
South Jersey NJ

Oh, Which office did you go to?

I was at the Vineland location.

What was funny is, I walked in about 930am. I got lucky no wait in line lol. A group of about 30 came in and the line was long. It took me about 45 min to do my business and as I was walking out there was no line as I left. I got lucky.

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
Frost-Bite Fails Minnesota
I guess I am in the minority liking the new stadium series jerseys (I guess actually winning in one helps too :) Can anyone kindly confirm if the orange is little darker than the normal home jerseys? Cheers.

What's this question doing in the New Jersey Thread? :sarcasm:

Seriously though... I'm hot and cold about them... my son loves them.

As to the color shade... to me they definitely seem darker... but I must admit that even the very same Flyers Jersey will look a different shade depending on photo, lighting, location, situation, camera and/or photographer... it is one of the most marvelous Mysteries outside Religion... So, you can't go by me. :confused:

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Those jerseys were rough to see on TV. The orange was just dark enough to make it near impossible to make out numbers while watching. for those of you who went, I hope it was better in person.

Reactions: PHILOUDELPHIA

PHILOUDELPHIA

Feb 29, 2012
South Jersey NJ
Those jerseys were rough to see on TV. The orange was just dark enough to make it near impossible to make out numbers while watching. for those of you who went, I hope it was better in person.

I thought they were the Bengals? it looked like someone made the jersey out of sweet potatoes. The helmets I hated most of all.

Why can't we go back to the orange or White that we were in the 90s when Lindros was playing. Those were great.

OrangeAndBlackMetal

Dark Wizard of the Black Cascade
Aug 14, 2009
Reykjavík

They're back...

giphy.gif

URL]img]

Reactions: Defect

Flyrs21

Dec 17, 2006
Now it's it going to be a new set or the jerseys they were given. Guessing new set to suck more money out of people

PHILOUDELPHIA

Feb 29, 2012
South Jersey NJ
I can't wait till this weekend.

Saturday I'll have photos in the Menu at one of my favorite Sub shops.

Sugar Hill Subs

On Sommers point rd in Mays Landing

Last edited:

RonHextall27

Mar 12, 2008
Halifax, NS
To me it's like they tried to corner the Chinese knock off market. I'm not really much of a fan. The only positive I see from them, and this is purely my perception, is that the players look bigger in them. Other than that its about on par with a crappy knockoff

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018
These jerseys grew on me. Is there any way to get an authentic one that's not Giroux or Patrick on it? Dick's has a sweet sale going on FYI but I wish they offered more players.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Can someone explain to me the logic of the "custom jerseys" we find for sale on so many sites now?

AUCTION - Blake Bortles Signed Jaguars Jersey (JSA COA)

The font is relatively the same on most of the jerseys, but the front is crap. Is this for framing purposes only?

I don't get it!
I believe it is for framing only. I didn't realize it was a thing until I bought two jerseys in a relatively short time frame. Jordan Matthews jersey I didn't realize was "custom" until someone pointed it out and it is painfully obvious now. The other was a Frank Thomas jersey that when it came it had nothing on the front. That was obvious it was a fake. Haha

rajaampat

Jan 11, 2019
I dont know if anyone ever discussed this part of jersies appearance- but let me qualify this and say I used to collect game worn jersies, everything from NCAA to Cup Finals to Eastern Hockey League or old AHL from the early 60's.. and now there is not a single jersey in my house ( real world stuff happens) But the thing that turns me off the most is the damned rounded shirt tail they introduced several years ago on almost every leagues jersies.. I found out from someone in the garment industry that it was cheaper to make them that way than the straight hemmed edges.. looks like an unfinished amateur garment.. its all about the $$

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->