ALL JERSEY TALK HERE - Brind'Amour Night Patch Order - Part Six

Status
Not open for further replies.

bb12

Aug 21, 2014
USA
Hey BB12... I believe the frame is 48"x50.5" if I recall correctly. I got the idea when the wife was watching a documentary on the old Spelling Mansion and Aaron Spelling had a Willie Mays jersey framed that way.

I bought some matting, and 2 lots of 100+ Lindros cards. I kept all the Flyers, Team Canada, Oshawa Generals and All-Star cards. I even have an Eric Lindros Toronto Blue Jays card in there as well. After I glued each one on the matting I had used 128 different Eric Lindros cards... no repeats! I love it and when I get my Gagne Jersey back from Dynasty Sports (2002-2007 KOHO), I may do the same to it when I have some time.

Thanks for sharing! i am headed back to my parents for the holiday where all my hockey cards are form when i was a kid. After the 1st of the year i am going to start the project since my fiance wont let me keep my jerseys on the wall unframed.

Will update with a picture of the completed project.

CutOnDime97

Too Showman
Mar 29, 2008
Hadn't seen this discussed anywhere so I figured I'd throw it in here. 50th anniversary jersey coming next year.

http://www.icethetics.co/blog/nhl-jerseywatch-2016
Philadelphia Flyers

The Flyers were part of the same 1967 expansion as the Kings so they too will be celebrating a half-century next season. And wouldn't you know they also have a "special edition" jersey on the way, according to Reebok.

If it's tough to pin down an old Kings jersey we haven't seen in a while, it's practically impossible for Philadelphia. However, from 1982 to 2007, the Flyers wore a very distinctive jersey design. The interesting thing is that it was nearly the same template as that Kings jersey from the 1980s.

Take a look at these designs as rendered by Andrew Greenstein at NHLUniforms.com.

Flyers15.png

Reebok has already made this type of template work in the AHL (Phantoms) and WHL (Broncos) so it would certainly make sense to carry it over for these throwbacks.

Any guesses? I'd be pumped to see those jerseys remade, maybe the black ones from that era.

Dabest

Nov 22, 2015
How much is a regular jersey? Really want one but I'm pretty sure they're like over $100 :(

Cyborg LeClair

Thank You Mr. Snider
Nov 18, 2011
Jurassic Park
Oh i dont know, i just know i didnt jump on board.

I wanted one badly but was a poor college student at the time. Felt bad for the people who ordered tho. Pretty sure someone working at the school store shut it down when they were almost ready to be shipped (after months of waiting) because of NCAA B.S. Y'know, cause they can't sell jerseys with college student names on them. But they can sell television rights and tickets to games to see those players...

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
How much is a regular jersey? Really want one but I'm pretty sure they're like over $100 :(

For a legit, cheap, regular premier jersey head here: http://stores.ebay.co.uk/FULL-MOON-...19121018&_sid=120594558&_trksid=p4634.c0.m322

Really good service and the jerseys are all real. (well, 99.9% of them, I have seen the occasional one that was a fake, but not on purpose)

Just make sure the customisation on the photos is done ok... some the twill is too long and I have seen one or two with incorrect typeset on numbers.

Most of the jerseys (and the cheapest ones ofc, like can be around $40 dollars) are seemingly old surplus (Richards, Carter, Briere, Hartnell, Leino, Biron, Gagne, Talbot, Coburn, van Riemsdyk Pronger etc) but they have Giroux, Simmonds and Voracek ones in right now for ~$100 dollars before postage.

Which is a lot cheaper than they will cost on NHL shop.com and most retailers... you can also see the customisation before you buy on them, whereas you cannot on NHL shop, and NHL shop **** up a lot! (like $170 dollars too in general)

It is the cheapest place I have ever found for getting decent jerseys and having them shipped to Europe anyway. For the most part they only sell Reebok Premier jerseys (which are not what the players wear) but they are nice enough and frankly I'm scared to wear an edge authentic as they are quite pricey and I spill drinks on myself all the time! Haha.

But if you really want to treat yourself if you get a bit of extra cash: http://www.meigray.com/edealinv/ser...1&catParentID=4546&scId=4546&oldParentID=4213

you can pick up some bargain game-worn ones... especially if you are a Jussi Timonen or Radovan Somik fan! (195 dollars for a Jussi or Somik game-worn is pretty cool if you ask me... and unique!)

Last edited:

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
I actually have came up with a ~15 year plan for jerseys... I want to get a gameworn/game-issued of every one of my 'favourite Flyers', which would be:

1997-2001: Eric Lindros
2001-2003: Kim Johnsson
2003-2006: Michal Handzuš
2006-2008: Sami Kapanen
2008-2011: Mike Richards
20011-present: Claude Giroux & Sean Couturier

Combined that will set me back a lot of money though!

The Johnsson one is coming first... hopefully I can get it by March, and then maybe, just maybe, I can pick up a Kapanen or Handzuš by ~next xmas if I am lucky... but those three combined will probably cost as much as any of the others on their own from what I have seen!

OzFlyers

Registered Boozer
Jul 3, 2011
Australia
For a legit, cheap, regular premier jersey head here: http://stores.ebay.co.uk/FULL-MOON-...19121018&_sid=120594558&_trksid=p4634.c0.m322

Really good service and the jerseys are all real. (well, 99.9% of them, I have seen the occasional one that was a fake, but not on purpose)

Just make sure the customisation on the photos is done ok... some the twill is too long and I have seen one or two with incorrect typeset on numbers.

Most of the jerseys (and the cheapest ones ofc, like can be around $40 dollars) are seemingly old surplus (Richards, Carter, Briere, Hartnell, Leino, Biron, Gagne, Talbot, Coburn, van Riemsdyk Pronger etc) but they have Giroux, Simmonds and Voracek ones in right now for ~$100 dollars before postage.

Thanks for the link. I didn't know what I wanted for Christmas until now. Got the wife to order me a black Gagne fo $40! :nod:

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Thanks for the link. I didn't know what I wanted for Christmas until now. Got the wife to order me a black Gagne fo $40! :nod:

That shop is a pretty regular one for me in regards to gifts for hockey fan friends and my brothers!

I just make sure I check the customisation is ok on the photos... I have never found anywhere that sells Premier jerseys that you can trust are not fake for such good prices. I believe most are from liquidated stock.

I mean, I would love to buy edge 2.0's... but if I am going to spend that extra money on a jersey I would rather get a game issued or game worn of a 'lesser' player than spend similar money on getting an edge 2.0 already customised or customise it myself. I would also hardly ever wear an edge 2.0 out as I would be scared of ruining it and having to get a new one/have it repaired! Whereas with a Premier I could **** it up by accident and I would not be too upset.

FLYERSG

Sep 27, 2014
I know this is the jersey thread, but does anyone know where to find reliable decently cheap flyers t shirts? The shop nhl.com player tees are $40, plus shipping which seems a little excessive.

As long as the website is reliable and the product will actually show up. I live in Canada, just to keep in mind.

Thanks

OzFlyers

Registered Boozer
Jul 3, 2011
Australia

midiriryan

Jan 6, 2016
I've been browsing and searching through this thread for a few days now. Figured it might just be easier to ask. I live in Utah and have a blank Edge 1.0. Looking to get it customized. What is the best place to send the jersey? Looking for quick turn around and best possible product. I was going to go through Ice Jerseys but realized its in Canada and would rather ship my jersey in the U.S. to make things easier.

PK16

Jul 28, 2013
I've been browsing and searching through this thread for a few days now. Figured it might just be easier to ask. I live in Utah and have a blank Edge 1.0. Looking to get it customized. What is the best place to send the jersey? Looking for quick turn around and best possible product. I was going to go through Ice Jerseys but realized its in Canada and would rather ship my jersey in the U.S. to make things easier.

Not necessarily the fastest turnaround, but the Skate Zone in Voorhees will give you the best possible product. It can take some time though.

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
Frost-Bite Fails Minnesota
Not necessarily the fastest turnaround, but the Skate Zone in Voorhees will give you the best possible product. It can take some time though.

I don't believe they do mail orders... but I imagine they can work something out as a courtesy. And, yes, if time is of the essence, you better go elsewhere jersey turnaround procedures are an afterthought with them... But the end product is the exact same as what the Flyers wear on the ice... I only use them -- drop off/pickup -- and forget about the time factor, as they never notify me when it is sitting there to pick up... I check on them once in a while to find out. haha

PK16

Jul 28, 2013
I don't believe they do mail orders... but I imagine they can work something out as a courtesy. And, yes, if time is of the essence, you better go elsewhere jersey turnaround procedures are an afterthought with them... But the end product is the exact same as what the Flyers wear on the ice... I only use them -- drop off/pickup -- and forget about the time factor, as they never notify me when it is sitting there to pick up... I check on them once in a while to find out. haha

I have sent them jerseys and they have sent them back to me, so they have done it in the past. I agree, you need to call them to check if it is completed.

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
Frost-Bite Fails Minnesota
I have sent them jerseys and they have sent them back to me, so they have done it in the past. I agree, you need to call them to check if it is completed.

Good to know that... They should just establish a mail order operation online and make some more money... They don't seem to consider the Internet aspect of the Business... and actually, they're not too hot on the phone portion either... They don't seem to answer the phone nor return messages. They are an odd Operation, but their work is so good -- by that I mean the product they are the go-between on -- and their cost is so reasonable... No matter what they do, they can't seem to turn me away from giving them my business. LOL

I have NEVER had a bad experience with the jersey work they have handled... and that has been with various levels of needed work.

Last edited:

SnoCaps Perhaps

May 21, 2015
If anyone ever wants any help with jersey customization I live right around the corner from the Pennsauken Skate Zone and can setup your order

I've helped a few people out before, didn't know whether or not they did mail orders but if you think you trust me over sending it to them then I'm willing to help out lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad