OT: All Jersey Talk (Game Worn, Replica, Authentic, etc.) Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
My brother said he gave his buddy $100 for two knockoffs coming from China. He ordered a Hischier and a Wood. Judging by the few knockoffs I've seen so far I'm sure he'll regret that.

Sik02gt

Mar 4, 2013
was thinking about picking up a reebok 2.0 blank from meigray to have customized but I don't really want to wait 3 months to get it back from eps. Are they pretty much the only game in town to have something done right or does the guy dorholt do the same quality work and is he still doing jersey? thanks in advance guys

Sik02gt

Mar 4, 2013
also I was wondering if anyone has any experience ordering authentic lettered jerseys from fanatics, I'm thinking about just pulling the trigger on a new Nico directly from them so I don't have to wait

DevilishState

Feb 1, 2007
Anyone mention this jersey offer Investors Bank is has? Just curious if the jersey is a legit Adidas or not.

Sik02gt

Mar 4, 2013
Go with EPS. They are worth the wait.
yea but the thing is I ordered an Adidas Nico jersey and I know that they no longer do the lettering for the new jerseys. It sounds like a big to do pain to get the new jerseys lettered by the company that now does them

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
Does anyone know where I can send in a Hockey Fights Cancer jersey from the current season for customization? One place I contacted said they could do the numbers no problem, but for the name would have to stitch on the letters individually without a nameplate since they didn't have matching color of the jersey.

Saint Beaurivage

Jersey Shore
Nov 18, 2017
Anyone know where besides customthrowbackjerseys.com I can get a 1995 home white CCM jersey? I'm looking to have it customized with Lemieux. I've checked sportsk, coolhockey and icejerseys but can't find it on any of their sites. The logo in the pictures on customthrowback seem smaller than I would expect and the CCM isn't shown on the back. I don't mind shelling out the $$$ but I would hope for as accurate a reproduction as possible.

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Saint Beaurivage

Jersey Shore
Nov 18, 2017
Does anyone know where I can send in a Hockey Fights Cancer jersey from the current season for customization? One place I contacted said they could do the numbers no problem, but for the name would have to stitch on the letters individually without a nameplate since they didn't have matching color of the jersey.
I own and still wear a 1995 Claude Lemieux authentic jersey to games 22 years later. My favorite Devil.

It has the Western con vs Eastern con 95 SC patch. They did not use nameplates that year, just sewed the numbers right on the jersey. Good luck in finding the CCM Pro Weight authentic jersey because I very seldom see it in a 52. I saw a red 50 Stephane Richer authentic last year on eBay, but cannot find a new blank either. I just bought a new "new-no waist stripes" red - Bratt being printed. Good luck with your search.

Attachments

• IMG_1330.jpg
    IMG_1330.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_1329.jpg
    IMG_1329.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Before Xmas, I splurged on some game worn practice jerseys (Gold/Light Blue). For $50 a pop, I figured I could wear them for my pickup/beer league games. Mei Gray still has a few (and in other colors) in case anybody else was interested: meigray devils practice jersey | eBay

Sent a new Reebok red/green jersey and an old 2000 era Pro Player jersey into EPS for customization. Getting Elias for the red/green and Sykora for the other. Hopefully I get the order back before St. Patrick's Day when the Devils are playing in LA.

Reactions: mdj12784

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Is there a place where I can get a reasonably priced Taylor Hall replica? Almost thinking of getting one of the old Reebok ones they have on clearence on the NHL shop because frankly I like those ones better. Also this is a shot in the dark but is there a place that sells WHA replicas that also does customizations? I would kill to get either a Rick Ley or Al Smith New England Whalers jersey.

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
Is there a place where I can get a reasonably priced Taylor Hall replica? Almost thinking of getting one of the old Reebok ones they have on clearence on the NHL shop because frankly I like those ones better. Also this is a shot in the dark but is there a place that sells WHA replicas that also does customizations? I would kill to get either a Rick Ley or Al Smith New England Whalers jersey.

Try here on eBay --> Reebok Premier NHL Jersey New Jersey Devils Taylor Hall Red sz L | eBay

Reactions: sabremike

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
Are we still out of luck getting the proper font/lettering/numbering for the new Adidas jerseys?

This is now handled for the Devils by a company called Philly Express. The problem is, they're a smaller operation and don't accept direct orders for NHL jersey customization. So what you have to do, and I'm currently in the process, is drop it off at a Flyers Skate Zone. I took mine to the Voorhees location since it's kind of the main location for the Skate Zones. I dropped mine off in person (they were very friendly), but I'm sure you can mail it to them if you contact them ahead of time to let them know. They told me they can just ship it back to me when it comes in. I was apparently the first Devils jersey they had seen dropped off (according to the store manager), so they didn't know how much to charge. And apparently turnaround time right now is roughly 4 weeks.

The process seems like a bit of a pain, but how often do you need a jersey customized anyway? It's worth it to have it done right by the people who do it for the team.

devsman84

Jul 13, 2016
Got this in the other day. I am attaching images as my flickr isn't working so I hope this works. Brian Boyle 17-18 red set 1 game worn jersey. It was worn by Brian in the first 9 home games he played this season including the 11/24/17 Hockey Fights Cancer night where he scored. Overall he has 6 goals and 3 assists in this jersey. Very happy to have it.
Boyle3smaller.jpg
Boyle1smaller.jpg

devsman84

Jul 13, 2016
about how many jerseys do players typically go through in a year? 10? more?

For many years the Devils have been wearing typically 3 sets a year. A set is a home and an away jersey. This year their first set was start of preseason till 12/16/17. They are currently wearing their second set and that typically ends somewhere in early to mid March. They wear their third set from then on till either the end of the season or till the end of the 3rd playoff round. If they reach the finals they wear a new set until one of the teams wins 3 games. After that they wear another set until the end of the finals (that last set is typically for the players to keep).

There are exceptions though. Retro night is it's own set. McMullen night had its own set. For the past season or so a few of the more notable Devils players (Schneider, Hall, Palms, etc) wear one-game wonders for 2-3 games (a new jersey for each of those 2-3 games) that get sold to UD to cut up and put into cards. For the Stadium Series they wore a new jersey in each period. For Marty night they wore 3 sets: Warmup set where everyone wore 30, the ceremony/1st period set, and finally the 2nd/3rd period set.

Again this is what the Devils do. Some teams do things differently as well as depending on the player. I remember counting in 2011-12 season Ovechkin wore about 24 different jerseys throughout that season.

devsman84

Jul 13, 2016
oh wow, thats interesting...thats way less than I would have thought.

Yeah in other leagues they wear more and in others they wear less. I know Nico wore 2 sets in his first game where one went to him and the other was sold. McDavid wears a new jersey every few games as well. Again depends on popularity.

devsman84

Jul 13, 2016
Wow I had no idea. I thought they used new jersey's every night in order to sell off the old ones. Interesting...

That's a common myth and a lot of that comes from people referencing other leagues and think it applies to the NHL as well. They will issue more jerseys to the players if their jersey during any given set gets so destroyed/shredded that they have to give them new ones but that is rare these days given the tools and solvents equipment managers have these days to fix them.

Other teams also have more sets. Rangers typically use 5 sets of their regular style and about 1-2 sets of their 3rd jerseys. Plus a new set for every playoff round. When St. Louis switched to Fanatics being their game worn jersey dealer, Fanatics had them wear more sets and from what I have heard from Blues collectors is that while they don't have enough info from Fanatics to tell how many sets they use (one of the reasons why Fanatics sucks at marketing hockey gamers) but they are thinking it is around 10-12 sets just last year alone.

As for the Devils back in the 90's they used to wear just 2 sets during the regular season. First set lasted until about Feb/March and then the second set until the end of the season. Then they would wear another set for the first 3 rounds of the playoffs. That is why if you see most game worns from that era where the first set have heavy use while the 2nd set have lighter use. There are also some minor nuances (like PO set jerseys being recycled to next season due to losing in first 1-2 rounds or missing PO) but the main reason the Devils and other teams wear more sets (some teams used to have their players wear 1 set the entire season) was the advent of HDTV. Owners and the NHL didn't want people to see the players wear beaten up jerseys on TV.

Reactions: Darkauron
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->