OT: All Jersey Talk (Game Worn, Replica, Authentic, etc.) Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
Actually think these look good, just shows how boring and meh their current logo and jerseys are...

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
Here's all of them...

quick thoughts.

habs have a nice one

devils are actually really nice i have to say

rangers did they even do anything different from that third jersey?

kings look great combo

wings is boring

blues are nice

also its pretty sad if your "retro" is that of another franchise (av's canes)

Nocashstyle

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2009
NJ
I saw someone post this on Twitter a few weeks ago, but it really would have been cool if the Devils used the original NJ logo mock up. Ohh well. Still pretty slick looking IMO.

LA and Arizona are my favorites I think. I also really like Tampa and Pitt.

The Islanders really missed the perfect opportunity/excuse to bring back the fisherman logo...

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
wings is boring

Those Red Wings jerseys are absolutely awful oh man

I know Detroit doesn't have a ton to work with in terms of color but this is really a why bother...

IMG_20201116_104900.jpg

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
I know Detroit doesn't have a ton to work with in terms of color but this is really a why bother...

View attachment 376511

Yeah I really don't get it. Even knowing they don't have too much to work with I feel like they could've done something else, like using that cursive D logo instead?

And where does the grey come from? Looking at all the jerseys I don't see much grey in any of them, they just kind of put it there since they couldn't use red lol.

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
looking at all the jerseys there are a lot of them i think to myself "did they even do anything different"? that really can't be a good thought for some of the clubs.

honestly the nhl should've made these and have the teams make a different emblem for each team while keeping the retro colors that would've been a better play on the reverse retro theme. devils maybe spell the word devils out with that color scheme? rangers have an actual full image of liberty. flyers use the liberty bell?

still cool concept though and i really like the yotes

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
vegas i dont get. i would think they could've come up with a better color and design but what do i know

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
The Islanders really missed the perfect opportunity/excuse to bring back the fisherman logo...

Come on we know exactly what happened with the Islanders. Lou wouldn’t allow anything except for a slightly darker blue and for the stripe colors to be reversed from their regular jerseys. Basically such a small change the average person wouldn’t notice. Kind of like the Stadium Series when the Isles and Rangers wore this “futuristic” uniforms and we wore retro because that was the only thing he would allow.

As for the Devils, they look good. They still need to bring back the 92-17 home and away uniforms back on a full time basis.

Reactions: Guttersniped

Nocashstyle

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2009
NJ
Come on we know exactly what happened with the Islanders. Lou wouldn’t allow anything except for a slightly darker blue and for the stripe colors to be reversed from their regular jerseys. Basically such a small change the average person wouldn’t notice. Kind of like the Stadium Series when the Isles and Rangers wore this “futuristic” uniforms and we wore retro because that was the only thing he would allow.

As for the Devils, they look good. They still need to bring back the 92-17 home and away uniforms back on a full time basis.

TRUTH

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
Pretty much knew what the Devils uni was going to look like. Need to see it with the helmet, socks and pants.

That Detroit one looks like a practice jersey lol.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Pretty much knew what the Devils uni was going to look like. Need to see it with the helmet, socks and pants.

That Detroit one looks like a practice jersey lol.

Dallas and Detroit both have way too much white.

Reactions: JK3

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
anyone else dislike most of these?
I think the majority are alright. I'm also more progressive with this stuff in general. Like college football for example, I LOVE the variety of uniform options many programs now have. I think a lot of these reverse retro jerseys are fine, some are really nice (ours, Calgary, Colorado, Fla, Caps, Minnesota, Carolina, Ottawa for starters) and some are pretty bad (Nashville, San Jose gray is bad, LV, Vans gradient color is horrible, Islanders, Buffalos with the lettering on the bottom, Philly) IMO.

Reactions: Guttersniped

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
anyone else dislike most of these?
I don’t particularly like many of them since I dislike a lot of the ~90s NHL logos so going back there, particularly the Capitals and Rangers jerseys, doesn’t please me. It’s just not for me. I will say I can’t believe that Ducks jersey is real, I do enjoy how fantastically hideous it is.

I guess it depends on where your nostalgia lands. I enjoy the spirit of the retro teams ones (Nordiques, Whalers, Jets) but I only really like the Winnipeg one in terms of design. I dig the Oilers, Kings, Isles and, to a lesser extent, the Sens retros though.

And design is subjective obviously. The Habs is gorgeous with the blue. The Blues is weird with the red. I love both the Leafs and Blackhawks (problematic fav lol) uniforms in general, they’re hard to screw up, and these look good. Boston got the boring jersey it deserves. The Pens jersey is blah, I get it but blah.

I actually forgot Arizona had that hideous desert landscape trim on their old alternate jerseys so I got a reminder how they ruined those with that trim by them reissuing them with a different color scheme. The Buffalo one is just their crap alternative from ‘00s that was red, it originally had Buffalo written on the front trim ruining it, but if Sabre fans are nostalgic for these, like them and buy them then the right people liked them.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jabs102501
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad