OT: All Jersey Talk (Game Worn, Replica, Authentic, etc.) Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

devsman84

Jul 13, 2016
Overall, the Heritage jerseys are fine. Year the collar is a bit jarring, but that's what happens when you put an old design on a new template. That part was unfortunately victim to that circumstance.

The Devils old school design they wore changed over the 10 years it was worn. Compare the thickness in the white part of the shoulder yoke they wore from 82-84 to what they looked like in 91-92. They changed fonts as well in the late 80's to a chunkier, blockier font (the previous font they used up until then was the same exact font as the Rangers just minus the drop shadow). The design for the Heritage jerseys more closely resemble what they wore at the end. Again, it can't be perfect because it's an old design on a new template, but I think it is pretty close.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
Oh good, more complaining
giphy.gif

Edmonton East

BUT the ADvaNCEd STatS...
Nov 25, 2007
Heritage design is pretty nice. Collar is a little weird, but otherwise they look solid.

Still absolutely hate the current home jerseys though. Just purchased another Reebok. I loathed the Adidas re-design from the start, but thought I'd get used to it. Nope, it sucks in comparison.

Saint Beaurivage

Jersey Shore
Nov 18, 2017
Overall, the Heritage jerseys are fine. Year the collar is a bit jarring, but that's what happens when you put an old design on a new template. That part was unfortunately victim to that circumstance.

The Devils old school design they wore changed over the 10 years it was worn. Compare the thickness in the white part of the shoulder yoke they wore from 82-84 to what they looked like in 91-92. They changed fonts as well in the late 80's to a chunkier, blockier font (the previous font they used up until then was the same exact font as the Rangers just minus the drop shadow). The design for the Heritage jerseys more closely resemble what they wore at the end. Again, it can't be perfect because it's an old design on a new template, but I think it is pretty close.

I like the green collar. We are all different. Ordering one today.

Reactions: New Jersey

devsman84

Jul 13, 2016
No, they do. My Adidas authentic has a fight strap.

The only differences I gather from fan authentics and what the players wear on the ice are the presence of the Adidas hologram on the bottom front and the lack of double-elbows.

It goes further than that. The material of the jersey is completely different, the fight strap is a different type (with more reinforcement) and overall better construction.

Davegarri

Much Doge, Wow Moon
Jan 8, 2014
NJ
No, they do. My Adidas authentic has a fight strap.

The only differences I gather from fan authentics and what the players wear on the ice are the presence of the Adidas hologram on the bottom front and the lack of double-elbows.

Cool, the pictures online didn't seem to show it so I wasn't sure.

Thanks!

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
On the collars, there was somebody who does a blog on uniforms on Puck Soup saying he thinks some teams might tweak theirs next year (most notably Chicago and their toilet bowl collar).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad