OT: All Jersey Talk (Game Worn, Replica, Authentic, etc.) Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zelmo

Jun 18, 2012
Woodstock, GA
I see that Dorholt's website is no longer active. Does anyone know the reason? I've done lots of business with Walt over the years and know he's a great guy who does amazing work. I just want to know that he's ok. Thanks.

Zelmo

Jun 18, 2012
Woodstock, GA
I'm looking for a shop that makes custom jerseys. I'm not looking for a team set, maybe three at the most. Thanks in advance.

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
I see that Dorholt's website is no longer active. Does anyone know the reason? I've done lots of business with Walt over the years and know he's a great guy who does amazing work. I just want to know that he's ok. Thanks.

Try the contact information on his facebook page (Dorholt Custom Sports). Doesn't seem like anything has been posted in a while, but doesn't hurt to try the email listed.

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
Have to put it up to the masses here, debating between a new jersey for one of the Texans. Who should I go with, Noesen or Coleman?

Personally I'd go Coleman #20. I'm not convinced Noesen will be on the team next season. No reason other than gut feeling.

Comparison Ford

i got a star
Sponsor
May 25, 2008
LA
521C806C-BA91-432E-A62B-280172C11A79.jpeg
I don’t know if anyone mentioned this, but I saw something on a Ranger Instagram page saying there was a leak in who is getting an alternate jersey for next season.

Apparently the Devils are one of them. Here is the image they pulled the info from. Don’t know if it’s true or not, but I guess we’ll be seeing some red and green next year.

Classic Devil

Spirit of 1988
Dec 23, 2003
Columbus, Ohio
View attachment 121749 I don’t know if anyone mentioned this, but I saw something on a Ranger Instagram page saying there was a leak in who is getting an alternate jersey for next season.

Apparently the Devils are one of them. Here is the image they pulled the info from. Don’t know if it’s true or not, but I guess we’ll be seeing some red and green next year.

Bleh.

devsman84

Jul 13, 2016
The Meigray game worn jersey expo is just around the corner and their featured speaker this year is 2003 SCF hero Mike Rupp. I will have my table again this year showing off my Devils collection as well as many other collectors of various teams. Looks like there should be 2-3 other collectors with tables of Devils game worn jerseys/items in addition to me this year.
Got some new stuff to show off this year including 17-18 red set 1 Taylor Hall and the jersey Brian Boyle wore when he scored both his first goal back from his diagnosis and the goal he scored against Vancouver on HFC night. The HHOF will likely be there again this year with their awesome displays as well. It is an awesome event where you get to see HHOF and HHOF-worthy items without having to travel up to Toronto. It will be held this year at Raritan Valley Community College in Branchburg, NJ on July 14th from 9AM-4PM. It is $40 for entry this year, but that includes admission, a FREE blank authentic jersey, and autographs from Rupp and from special guests speakers/players from the Metropolitan Riveters.

Tickets:
Item Detail - 2018 MeiGray Expo Registration

Also, if you feel lucky, you can take a stab at the live grab bag at the expo. It is $295 per pick, but the top prize is a Nico Hischier rookie game worn jersey.
Item Detail - 2018 Expo Live Grab Bag Draft

Picture of my table from the 2017 expo:

Attachments

• 2017ExpoTable1smaller.jpg
    2017ExpoTable1smaller.jpg
    376.9 KB · Views: 5

devsman84

Jul 13, 2016
So the expo was a fun time as always and it was great meeting fellow collectors and Devils fans at the event! Attached is a picture of my table this year and people seemed to really dig the Rockies gamer (again) as well as the Boschman 91-92 white set 2 and Hall 17-18 red set 1 gamers. Can't wait till next year!

I also got a new arrival yesterday as well; Sheldon Souray 97-98 white playoff game worn jersey. Has light wear overall, but has some what appears to be dried blood stains on the right sleeve. The jersey is also a size 60 so it is basically a tent lol.

Attachments

• 2018 Expo Table.jpg
    2018 Expo Table.jpg
    176.3 KB · Views: 6
  • Souray1.jpg
    Souray1.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 3
  • Souray2.jpg
    Souray2.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 3

devsman84

Jul 13, 2016
The longer the delay the more I think it is going to just be our retros on the Adidas template.

ScottyK

Hi, I'm mat.
Aug 28, 2008
West of Chicago
We might got get a 3rd at all. Wouldnt be the first time something like this happened. RBK put teams on vendor lists an pulled them late. I was super excited for it but I think if we were getting one they would of marketed it by now.

bobilly45

Jan 1, 2013
We might got get a 3rd at all. Wouldnt be the first time something like this happened. RBK put teams on vendor lists an pulled them late. I was super excited for it but I think if we were getting one they would of marketed it by now.
I prefer not to have a 3rd, just roll the retros on the Adidas Jersey material, use it 1 or 2 times a yr and call it a day

New Jersey

(pacmanghost x) sad again
Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
if they make the christmas tree our thirds i'll be pissed for two reasons:

1) it's lazy. we have new owners, a new gm, and [like it or not] the organization's culture has been modernized. also, no one who has a ccm christmas tree is gonna go out and buy it, so there's no point. i know i'm going to upset someone here, but as a fan in his mid 20s who grew up on the post-lockout devils and prudential center, i want to see something fresh and new that we've never worn before.
2) speaking as someone who doesn't mind the new sweaters and owns a white one, why the f*** aren't our adidas jerseys the christmas tree jerseys with black instead of green if the christmas tree template can be put on an adidas?

Reactions: Devils Dominion

devsman84

Jul 13, 2016
Got this in today: 97-98 white set 1 game worn Sergei Brylin jersey. Got a great deal on it that I couldn't pass up. Love it.

Attachments

• Brylin97981.jpg
    Brylin97981.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 2
  • Brylin97982.jpg
    Brylin97982.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 2

New Jersey

(pacmanghost x) sad again
Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
i really don't understand the resistance to us having a unique third sweater.

the devils are still the devils. for all we know they could unveil a never-before-seen look that looks absolutely incredible and maintains the tradition, kind of like the mets' blue jerseys they started wearing a couple years ago. and before anyone freaks at the idea of us wearing a black third like other teams, at least black has been a fixture in our palette since 1992 now, whereas the islanders have never used black as a primary color and they just look stupid.

needs less lou-aid.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
38043166_10106037497443554_7769207951377563648_n.jpg

It's not jersey related, but I can't help but flaunt this set of 2002-03 game issued Brodeur pads. The Heaton 10s were my favorite. Marty won an Olympic Gold and a Stanley Cup with those model pads. After graduating college in 2002, I finally had time to join a beer league and I had a replica set which I regretfully sold a few years later.

These pads are definitely quirky by today's standards, almost like a missing link between today's butterfly pads and the standup goalies of yesteryear. Marty had a preference for the pad to taper at the top and there's minimal knee padding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad