Confirmed with Link: All Hail Lombardi! Named Finalist For GM Of The Year!

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
NEW YORK -- Marc Bergevin of the Montreal Canadiens, Dean Lombardi of the Los Angeles Kings and Bob Murray of the Anaheim Ducks are the three finalists for the 2013-14 NHL General Manager of the Year Award, the National Hockey League announced today. Bergevin and Murray are finalists for the second consecutive season, while Lombardi is a finalist for the first time.

Voting for this award was conducted among the 30 club general managers and a panel of NHL executives, print and broadcast media at the conclusion of the Second Round of the 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs. The winner will be announced Tuesday, June 24, during the 2014 NHL Awards from Encore Theater at Wynn Las Vegas. The 2014 NHL Awards will be broadcast by NBCSN in the United States and CBC in Canada.

Dean Lombardi, Los Angeles Kings

Under the direction of Lombardi, the Kings (46-28-8, 100 points) earned their fifth consecutive playoff berth, recorded their fourth 100-point season in franchise history and made their third straight appearance in the Western Conference Final. He solidified the team's blue line by re-signing defensemen Alec Martinez, Jake Muzzin and Slava Voynov and did the same up front by bringing back Dustin Brown, Kyle Clifford, Trevor Lewis and Jordan Nolan. Lombardi then kick-started the club's offense with the addition of Marian Gaborik at the Trade Deadline; after being blanked six times in 63 games prior to his arrival, the Kings were not shut out once in the final 19 contests of the regular season with Gaborik in the lineup.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=720437&navid=nhl:topheads

Last edited:

KingKopitar11*

Where's the Swedes and Finns deano? Why u no draft them.

20-30th GM imo. Not enough diversity. Lol. :p

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
Seriously though, as a Kings fan, this is a huge honor. Dean has done so much for this franchise. That Gaborik trade alone should win him the award.

KingKopitar11*

Seriously though, as a Kings fan, this is a huge honor. Dean has done so much for this franchise. That Gaborik trade alone should win him the award.

I'll wait until he finally drafts someone from Scandinavia. I want a Magnus Lindholm too and some Finns. I'm gonna hold out on numero uno until we start doing so. Oh yeeeeeah.

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
Well deserved. And the fact that he's been nominated by his peers speaks volumes of how he , and the Kings, are respected. He's worked hard to put this very special , elite team in place and their 1st Cup, 3 straight WCF berths and the upcoming Cup(s) are all tied to his architectual hand.

Congrats DL!!!

Whiskeypete

Jul 14, 2010
Chicago
Bowman and the Hawks aren't the automatic lock for this? i thought everything they do is perfection, rainbows, unicorns and lucky charms

kingsfan

President of the Todd McLellan fan club by default
Mar 18, 2002
Manitoba, Canada
overdue.jpg

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
While it's nice to get recognition, I think the real GM of the year comes in the form of a Stanley Cup.

Scottkmlps

Aug 25, 2003
Ladysmith, BC
Visit site
Bergevin will win probably. Anyone to say the Vanek trade was better than the Gaborik one is delusional.

West Coast? What? What is that?

P.S. Shhhhhhh......don't let Bernstein know about how Vanek is doing and how Gaborik is doing. Yeah, and don't let him know how that Moulson dude fared with his team as well. Can't let that ego of his be crushed.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
I think these awards are BS, but I'm certainly glad to see DL get some recognition.

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
West Coast? What? What is that?

P.S. Shhhhhhh......don't let Bernstein know about how Vanek is doing and how Gaborik is doing. Yeah, and don't let him know how that Moulson dude fared with his team as well. Can't let that ego of his be crushed.

needle+balloon.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad