All Fantasy Hockey Questions Here!

CarpeNoctem

Chilling w The Chief
Oct 29, 2013
In The Night
TBL Fantasy Player Thread

I, for one, am tired of people asking questions about our players that only pertain to their fantasy hockey teams (often in the wrong threads to boot). Thus, I am making this thread. If ANYONE has fantasy questions about TBL players, please post them here.

Thanks! Let the fun begin!

Mikeaveli

Sep 25, 2013
Edmonton, AB
Since Hedman is injured will Drouin be expected to play on the top line? Also, what do you think Matt Corrente's offensive ceiling is? Thinking of taking him in my keeper pool.

CarpeNoctem

Chilling w The Chief
Oct 29, 2013
In The Night
We have this thread in the stickies already, and others ignore it.

You're right, but it says "Fantasy Hockey Talk" as if pertaining to all players. Since we had so many people popping in asking questions on random threads, this can hopefully make it clear that their Lightning player questions go here:)

ROSSter

Jul 5, 2011
I just picked up Alex Kilorn on fantasy. He has practiced on the top line, will that be where he stays for the rest of season?

PhoenixDog

Flamer for Life !!!
Aug 12, 2006
Calgary, AB
Do you expect Stralman to retain form even once Hedman returns? He had 3 pts in the first 4 gms of the season even while Hedman was playing. Whats the over/under on how many points he puts up this season?

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
Do you expect Stralman to retain form even once Hedman returns? He had 3 pts in the first 4 gms of the season even while Hedman was playing. Whats the over/under on how many points he puts up this season?

I think he'll finish the season at around 35 points. Around 5 goals and 30 assists with a +30.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
From reading various posts I take it Killorn's spot next to Stammer is a temporary one? Cheers, and thank you.

bauer

I WANT GOALS
Nov 11, 2007
anyone know why Gudas isn't fighting anymore? i got him in a pool for his PIM but he's only had 2 fights all year. he's not even getting misconducts. what happened to the guy? is he hurt or something?

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
anyone know why Gudas isn't fighting anymore? i got him in a pool for his PIM but he's only had 2 fights all year. he's not even getting misconducts. what happened to the guy? is he hurt or something?

I mean, he'll drop them every now and then but I never thought of him as a fighter. He's not a very big guy.

Also, he did just break his face and was in a full cage for awhile - maybe he doesn't want to break it again.

bauer

I WANT GOALS
Nov 11, 2007
I mean, he'll drop them every now and then but I never thought of him as a fighter. He's not a very big guy.

Also, he did just break his face and was in a full cage for awhile - maybe he doesn't want to break it again.

ah, it must be then that he's worried about his face. Downie was like that last year, got his face wrecked in a fight then didn't fight for quite awhile afterwords.

thanks.

tomerez

Mar 16, 2003
Toronto, ON
Visit site
With the back to back games on Monday/Tuesday, what's your best guess to spell Bishop? Does Vasilevskiy likely get one of the two games? Or will Nabokov get a bone?

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
With the back to back games on Monday/Tuesday, what's your best guess to spell Bishop? Does Vasilevskiy likely get one of the two games? Or will Nabokov get a bone?

Latest reports are suggesting Nabokov, but no one's saying for sure.

Jacko95

Sep 19, 2012
Would some guys offer me their opinion on this forward corps going into next season:

Ondrej Palat - Tyler Johnson - Nikita Kucherov
Jonathan Drouin - Steven Stamkos - Ryan Callahan
Alex Killorn - Vladislav Namestnikov - Leo Komarov
Antoine Roussel - Brian Boyle - Valterri Filppula
Jonathan Marchessault, Cedric Paquette

I have not decided wether I want to trade Flip, Namestnikov or Marchessault as the final guy to trade out in my GM game. So what do you guys think, would this forward core be better than what we currently have?

For your interest the trades were JT Brown + 4th for Komarov and Braydon Point for Antoine ROussel (I know this one was a little overpayment, but I love the guy and the Dallas GM was in "Point or no deal" mode.)

Major4Boarding

Unfamiliar Moderator
Jan 30, 2009
South of Heaven
Would some guys offer me their opinion on this forward corps going into next season:

Ondrej Palat - Tyler Johnson - Nikita Kucherov
Jonathan Drouin - Steven Stamkos - Ryan Callahan
Alex Killorn - Vladislav Namestnikov - Leo Komarov
Antoine Roussel - Brian Boyle - Valterri Filppula
Jonathan Marchessault, Cedric Paquette

I have not decided wether I want to trade Flip, Namestnikov or Marchessault as the final guy to trade out in my GM game. So what do you guys think, would this forward core be better than what we currently have?

For your interest the trades were JT Brown + 4th for Komarov and Braydon Point for Antoine ROussel (I know this one was a little overpayment, but I love the guy and the Dallas GM was in "Point or no deal" mode.)

Is there a Salary Cap provision?

Jacko95

Sep 19, 2012
Well I guess we would love him when he would be here. Just one of those players that you hate if he does not play for you.

Is there a Salary Cap provision?

Yep, it's 73m, but I have already moved out Carle (for a 2nd and a 7th) and as already said will most likely ship out Filppula, even though I could hold onto him and trade Namestnikov instead, but I try to think longterm and I will need Flips cap space at some point.

Last edited:

Major4Boarding

Unfamiliar Moderator
Jan 30, 2009
South of Heaven
OK then

You could still move Filp and spread the distribution (points lost/gained via trades) around with the cap space off the books from moving #51. If you're concerned about cap floor/max. Look to do that with another Forward or Forward/D combo.

What is it you're trying to get, production wise, from acquiring Roussel? PIMS and Points? Not being snarky, just seeing if that's the case. Because, if you don't want to move Point, you may want to see what is involved in picking up Patrick Maroon... again if you're going the PIMS/Points route.

I have both of them on my roster in one of the 5 Leagues I'm in (along with Kassian - so you'd guess correctly I led that League in PIMs :naughty:). Cap hits are equal ($2M) and the pro's and cons are

Maroon x 9g - 25a (34pts) - minus 5 - 82pims - 7 ppp

Roussell x 13g - 12a (25pts)- minus 20 - 148pims - 1 ppp

So as you see, with Maroon you'd lose (subject to change next season of course but...) nearly half the PIM production but gain +/-, ppp's, and apples. Fluctuating on/off the Getzlaf/Perry line helps those numbers. One thing to note though in Maroon - if the Ducks re-up Beleskey in the offseason Beleskey could be the guy that boots Maroon off the Getzlaf/Perry line (again) and you'd still have similar production as Roussel me thinks... on the off-wing with Kesler and Silfverberg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->