All Encompassing Ottawa Senators 2018/2019 Thread

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
So he can get the most playing time? Isn't that what you want out of your top prospect? Your manufactured outrage is getting pretty old.

It's not even about that. It's about adjusting to the NA style and rink. It can take time for some goalies. Gustvasson just turned 20 y/o... I don't know if people realize how young that is. From what I have seen from hin in the rookie tournament, main camp, etc... he is still green for the pro NA hockey. The ECHL is a pro league. Some players there have very good skill and shots. He has to dominate that level before graduating to the AHL, and then he'll have to dominate the AHL. Doesn't mean that this process won't happen this year.

Sensinitis got it right in the Belleville thread. The angles/technical stuff is really important

Completely disagree. The point of bringing him over here is him getting used to the smaller ice surface. That's how he'll inch closer to being an NHL starter. Baby steps. The SHL is useless for him now, he needs to learn his angles and all the technical goalie stuff on the smaller ice. And it's not like the ECHL shooters are bad, I know a few and trust me they shoot very very well.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
I really liked the bottom 6. Really like them.

Formenton-Tiereny-Boedker
Paarjvi-McCormick-Pyatt

I thought were very good for their roles. They also generated some prime chances and have speed and defensive awareness to boot. If anything, the line that really struggled was Dzingel and Ryan's line but Duchene was great.

Dzingel-Duchene-Ryan
Tkachuk-White-Stone
Smith-Pyatt-Paarjvi

I wanna see those lines until McCormick comes back from injury.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

Paarjvi-McCormick-Pyatt

I thought were very good for their roles. They also generated some prime chances and have speed and defensive awareness to boot. If anything, the line that really struggled was Dzingel and Ryan's line but Duchene was great.

Dzingel-Duchene-Ryan
Tkachuk-White-Stone
Smith-Pyatt-Paarjvi

Would be interesting to see. I don't think it happens. Smith will not be out on the 4th line by Boucher. More likley to see White get moved back there. I don't think we will see 2 of the young guys on 1 line for a bit. Boucher and his steak will want to shelter them.

BigRig4

Feb 22, 2014

Paarjvi-McCormick-Pyatt

Dzingel-Duchene-Ryan
Tkachuk-White-Stone
Smith-Pyatt-Paarjvi

It's the first time we've had a bottom 6 that can actually skate since I started being a fan in ~2010

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Well, what we REALLY need is like two more top-4 defencemen, but having Tkachuk in the lineup also wouldn't hurt, probably.

Boro playing over 21 minutes a night on a regular basis is a recipe for disaster.

My God we are going to be eaten alive by Toronto if we play Boro and Ceci as much as we did vs Chicago.

Chicago essentially has only one solid line and they still outshot us 15-5. Imagine with Toronto can/will do.

Clayonator

Aug 11, 2018
Vancouver
Duchene not on the ice today. Waivers to send a strong message that last night’s loss was unacceptable? Couldn’t resist. Hopefully he’s not banged up. Matching up against Toronto minus him would be an absolute bloodbath.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Duchene not on the ice today. Waivers to send a strong message that last night’s loss was unacceptable? Couldn’t resist. Hopefully he’s not banged up. Matching up against Toronto minus him would be an absolute bloodbath.
Pending trade. Can't risk injury in practice.

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road

Was going to post something about this the other day... I really think this is the right approach by our marketing team. I know they have done this in the past, but I think now is a really good time to move into Habs-land and sway the next generation. It is a good way to showcase the team that maybe more of the kids begin to support the Sens. I know it is hard to stray from your parents team. My son is a diehard Sens fan, and we live in Toronto. It was easy his first 9 years... but the last couple I feel he should sway to the dark side... as the leafs most likely will hoist a cup in the next three seasons. (Not)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad