All encompassing Barabanov thread

Spirit of 67

Nov 25, 2016
Aurora, On.
I think they told him before last game he should start packing his bags if he didnt pick his game up.

Certainly has looked better as of late.
Considering he looks more like the guy I saw in highlight packages, perhaps they told him not to worry and just go out and play his game.

BlueForever75

Oct 4, 2017
He has been one of the more dangerous players on the ice the past 2 games. Many chances and has shown skill as well.

Why not put him on Tavares wing with Nylander. Give him a shot. See what he can do.

Reactions: JT AM da real deal

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
I think it is time to cut cord with Vesey ... he brings us nothing to our table ... yes he is big but does not use it ... yes he is fast but he has hockey IQ issues ... can he get up and down ice at NHL speed yes but that's all he brings

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Just getting his footing. To early for many to form opinion likely. Seems to be fitting in nicely. Far from comfortable but needs to go in the paint and jam. Pure defensive mindset is balancing out to his offensive game just slightly now. Finding his way. Keefe is inching him up in minutes

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
He played well in both of these Calgary games, in direct contrast to being invisible in all of the others. I really like the way that he cycles the puck and he used quick feet to break off the wall and attack. If he keeps playing like this he can cement himself as a bottom six winger. More please.

Oh, and stop trying to go soft five hole on breakaways dude. Shoot it.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
I definitely would release Vesey or put him on waivers. He's been doing nothing. Galychnuk and Barbarov should be given more opportunity.
Best for Dubie's pet project to go to minors to work on his game ... we can't be teaching him like this at NHL level ... put him on waivers and send him to Marlies for training ... coach there can reinforce messages to him every shift and then maybe he will pick up by osmosis ... but at 27 i would not wager a nickel on it ... his size and speed was enough to work for him at lower levels but in pro hockey it is not enough

justashadowof

Aug 15, 2020
Vesey, Barbanov, Galchenyuk, Petan, Boyd: these players were acquired to compete to be an impactful supplementary player. Failures should be expected.

Reactions: glue and crump

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
He was good again. He's getting looks just can't finish, but I'm not opposed to giving him more looks in the top six. It helps balance the third line as well as Hyman and Mikheyev are cycling machines.

BM14

Dec 7, 2012
GTA
Impressed with his motor. Still feels like he's trying to do too much to justify his spot. Plays aren't coming naturally to him and he appears to be a much smarter player than we've seen.

Reactions: BertCorbeau

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
Impressed with his motor. Still feels like he's trying to do too much to justify his spot. Plays aren't coming naturally to him and he appears to be a much smarter player than we've seen.

Yeah I get the feeling he's 95% focused on not making a glaring mistake that'll get him benched, if you give him a little slack on his leash you'll see a completely different player.

BM14

Dec 7, 2012
GTA
Yeah I get the feeling he's 95% focused on not making a glaring mistake that'll get him benched, if you give him a little slack on his leash you'll see a completely different player.
Agreed.

To me, that's okay. I'd much rather have someone who cares and tries too hard vs a floater or someone who just skates around when the bounces aren't going his way. I wouldn't be shocked if he ends up with 5-8 goals and after his start and limited ice initially, that wouldn't be too bad at all. Fully confident the game will slow down once he pots one.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Hes looking good now.

Definitely a guy who probably would have had a smoother start to the season if he had a proper preseason

Forget the pre-season, the guy needed to be playing with higher end talent

He isn't able to generate anything himself but you put him beside a couple of skilled linemates and he starts to shine, he's got a good complementary skill set

He just lacks finishing touch

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
It kind of looks like he has a Kerfoot ceiling and a Petan, Malgin floor.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
He looks like an NHL player now at least.

Not sure he's good enough to crack our healthy roster. But then again he might be earning some trade value.

Reactions: Leaftors

Mickey Marner

Jul 9, 2014
Dystopia
He's been much better as of late. Probably would have acclimated sooner if he weren't getting 5 minutes off the hop, but oh well. Still not convinced he's worth retaining yet.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad