All-encompassing anti-Pittsburgh thread

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
How is this under scouted? I mean, there are some odds here and there, but it's not like scouts didn't check out these kids before this year.

I'm sure they were scouting many of these players before this year, but a lot can change in a single year. A couple of years ago Raty was the consensus #1OA prediction. Now, he'll be lucky if he gets grabbed in the top 15. Missing an entire year of in-person scouting for those that are playing, and missing a entire season where some players have seen very little game action is a big deal.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Missing an entire year of in-person scouting for those that are playing, and missing a entire season where some players have seen very little game action is a big deal.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't they still doing scouting and while not in-person in some cases, they are still watching the films and everything? Also if most kids aren't playing or playing oddly, doesn't that kind of level the playing field?

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't they still doing scouting and while not in-person in some cases, they are still watching the films and everything? Also if most kids aren't playing or playing oddly, doesn't that kind of level the playing field?

Grab any random 10 scouts and ask them if they get a better feel for a player if they are watching them in person vs watching video. My bet is that 10/10 would say "in person".

And to you second point, yes I agree. That's what makes this draft so interesting to me. The boards will be all over the place. Trying to figure out BPA will be next to impossible.

Miro4Norris

Jan 24, 2021
Hahaha just found this thread. It was fun to read as a Pens fan!

Well, at least your team's situation looks way brighter now anyways. Expect Rossi's situation I came here to read about. And you still robbed us with that trade, Zucker sucks:mad:

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Zucker is doing his best/worst, for sure. After all, his home base is still in Minnesota.:scared:

OtherThingsILike

May 6, 2020
Pittsburgh
Is there a point where, should the Wild lose, any of you would bandwagon the Penguins? Or are you overly concerned about the difference between something like the 26th and 32nd picks?

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
Is there a point where, should the Wild lose, any of you would bandwagon the Penguins? Or are you overly concerned about the difference between something like the 26th and 32nd picks?
Personally would never bandwagon the pens. Too much favoritism from the league and crying from Crosby in the past to cheer for them at all.

GuerinUp

Aug 1, 2009
Columbia Heights, MN
images

Reactions: DeagleJenkins

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I liked Zucker. He was our best forward for a minute, there. I used to like PIT, because I like watching greatness, but have gone off them. Still root for Crosby to do things...PIT is heading for a long, dark night, unless they luck out and draft someone like Bedard, or Wright.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
This thread never really gained traction. As a Pens fan, I expected it to be much more committed.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
We sold high on Zucker... maybe not at his peak high, but pretty high. Knew this was a great deal the moment it was announced, no matter where the picks fell into place.

He is a good hockey player, but he just doesn't fit in well in the lineup. I wouldn't be shocked to see him in Seattle, honestly.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
He is a good hockey player, but he just doesn't fit in well in the lineup. I wouldn't be shocked to see him in Seattle, honestly.
He's got one toll in his toolbox... speed. That makes him great on the rush. Once setup in the zone, he's much less effective.

Chances are, if he's not beating you with speed, he's not beating you.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->