All-encompassing anti-Pittsburgh thread

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
read my posts and get an education. waiting 3.5/4 years just to find out if we break even on a trade is stupid. its called math 101.
I don't think math has anything to do with what you're discussing. :dunno:

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
actually it does, trade a guy who scores close to 25G (82 gms) vs addison & 21 pick who have not yet produced anything (points vs no points). 21 pick is probably 2 years away from contributing. production is math/ numbers in my book.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
actually it does, trade a guy who scores close to 25G (82 gms) vs addison & 21 pick who have not yet produced anything (points vs no points). 21 pick is probably 2 years away from contributing. production is math/ numbers in my book.
The Wild currently have 12 forwards with as many or more goals than Zucker has. Do the math

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
your going to blame / punish a player whose injured?
So let’s say that Zucker scores 80 goals year 1. Years 2 through 15 he’s injured for 3/4 of the season, putting up 10 goals each season. We still count on him for scoring 80 goals? Or do we concede that he’s now a perennial 10 goals per season player?
You don’t blame players for injuries but they do factor into the production of said player.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
hes been injured this year. after trade last year he scored 6G & 6A in 15 gms then 2G in 4 playoff games think about that missing production on the wild. the only reason the wild are doing anything this year is kaprizov.

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
hes been injured this year. after trade last year he scored 6G & 6A in 15 gms then 2G in 4 playoff games think about that missing production on the wild. the only reason the wild are doing anything this year is kaprizov.
And what good has that done for Pittsburgh? Did they win the Cup last year?

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
He was also playing like crap before he was injured, but sure, keep using the injury that occurred after playing like crap as an excuse.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Not to muddy the waters, because i thought the Zucker trade was good for us, but Zucker was playing well, or at least decently in PIT, IMO. He and Malkin just appeared to have zero chemistry, and he never got to play with Crosby. Zucker looked energetic, and if anything, looked like a better two way forward than when he was here.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Honestly wouldn’t mind him on the opposite wing of Fiala right about now, but with Kaprizov and Boldy coming into the mix, a trade was a matter of time. Can maybe disagree a bit about the timing, but can’t really bring myself to disagree about the return.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Not to muddy the waters, because i thought the Zucker trade was good for us, but Zucker was playing well, or at least decently in PIT, IMO. He and Malkin just appeared to have zero chemistry, and he never got to play with Crosby. Zucker looked energetic, and if anything, looked like a better two way forward than when he was here.
He was on a 32 point pace (for an 82 game seadon). If you call that good for a top 6 player, I don't know what to say.

His speed looked down every time I watched him this year, and Zucker without speed isn't much of a player anymore.

He still wasn't slow, just not fast enough to get by people as often as he used to.

Had no chemistry on the Malkin line and didn't look much better after demoted to the 3rd line.

Last year down the stretch he looked good in Pittsburgh, this year he absolutely did not.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
He was on a 32 point pace (for an 82 game seadon). If you call that good for a top 6 player, I don't know what to say.

His speed looked down every time I watched him this year, and Zucker without speed isn't much of a player anymore.

He still wasn't slow, just not fast enough to get by people as often as he used to.

Had no chemistry on the Malkin line and didn't look much better after demoted to the 3rd line.

Last year down the stretch he looked good in Pittsburgh, this year he absolutely did not.
He played 18 games this year!

Mookie Blaylock

The in between is mine
Apr 16, 2014
Porch
Addison will be better than Zucker. Hell I would agree he already is. Plus we got a 1st round pick to boot.

I haven't been happy with the moves that Guerin has made, but this has been his best by a mile. I bet you would love to have Clutterbuck back as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: keppel146

grN1g

Nov 11, 2009
Minnesota
WTF they’re like 12-2-2 or some bs lately?
Their team is solid and players are stepping up. They have depth it was just questionable how good until now. For example the Tanev Gudreau Reese line is one of the best in the league right now.

Who would have guess McCann and Bluger would be as good as they have been? I certainly didn't.

The main concern was defense and the goalies, the defense on paper was solid as most in the league if Letang didn't regress or get seriously injured and Marino could help fill some the puck moving void.

For the goalies if one isn't in the zone it seems the other is and the team plays with confidence in front of both.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Zucker had a goal last night. If he goes on a hot streak like he is capable of, then who knows what this team is capable of.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad