AEW All Elite Wrestling #6: Best in the World

Status
Not open for further replies.

eXile3

Dec 12, 2020
It was a pretty good show last night. I love the Hangman Page segment followed by the Space Jam entrance.

The Gage/Jericho match was not good but I don't think it was supposed to be. Gage did more wrestling than I thought he was capable of but it did not polished and Jericho is well beyond the age where he can carry guys.

Megahab

Apr 30, 2009
Toronto
Yeah I loved the Hangman/Dark Order entrance. The Elite entrance, not so much. I hate the North Carolina thing in Omega's entrance.

How bad is the beef between CM Punk and Colt Cabana? That could be interesting.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Was able to catch a replay and loved the ten man tag. Yet another great advertisement for Uno and Grayson. I’m still a big Dark Order and Hangman Page mark. AEW clearly taking inspiration from my AWF matc, but mine was better. :D Hopefully Ringside Collectibles had the same idea I did watching that intro.

The whole black white Black Cody thing is… unnecessary really. I’m fine with the matchup, but focus on a reason during the build. I do like Black’s limited face paint though.

I wonder if they’ll steal my Punk vs Sting match too.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Yeah I loved the Hangman/Dark Order entrance. The Elite entrance, not so much. I hate the North Carolina thing in Omega's entrance.

How bad is the beef between CM Punk and Colt Cabana? That could be interesting.

This is what has me a little confused. I don't remember details but it seemed pretty freaking bad, lawsuits, counter suits...over nothing but money of course.

End of Line

Mar 20, 2009
all the WCW memories coming rushing back lately. Just need a Malenko v Jericho segment

I’ll never forget Malenko returning at Slamboree 98 and the pop it caused

And since wrestling is returning to the untied center again, which WCW used exclusively, they’ll have Punk repel down for the first time similar to Sting lmfao

Reactions: TD Charlie

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
I’ll never forget Malenko returning at Slamboree 98 and the pop it caused

And since wrestling is returning to the untied center again, which WCW used exclusively, they’ll have Punk repel down for the first time similar to Sting lmfao
Amen. The late 90s was the height of wrestling for me. Not even close either.

Reactions: les Habs

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Went home early in the Santana + Ortiz vs FTR match

something happened to Wheeler, bad cut on his arm I think

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Went home early in the Santana + Ortiz vs FTR match

something happened to Wheeler, bad cut on his arm I think
Yeah it was gashed open and they went to the finish

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Today showed AEW fans are trash human beings.

They attacked Alexa Bliss and chased her off twitter because its apparently her fault Bray got released.

And then spent all day demanding AEW hire him and make him the Dark Order's new leader despite Evil Uno and others saying to stop with that fantasy booking shit.

It's even worse because Bray is reportedly in a bad mental state over Brodie's death and these neckbeard's clamoring for him to replace his dead friend in a stupid gimmick is heart breaking.

Dubbalo's are the personification with everything wrong with wrestling fans.

This mud wrestling show needs to die. I am legit scared for Daniel Bryan because Sammy or Darby are going to permanently paralyze him with how unsafe they work.

Trash mudshow company with trash mudshow fans.

I legit hope Punk pulls a "that's not going to work for me, brother" on them or the little respect I has left before he made an ass of himself in UFC will be gone.

Reactions: Kaner9

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I love how they spent legit months slow burning this Page storyline just to dump is down the toilet at the finish line for Punk.

"Plans change. Pay me $10.99" as Dave says.

All that for Punk to tell The Elite to shove it with 90% of their dumb ideas while he cashes his Brock sized check.

Calling this a TNA speed run is being kind. Remember when Andrade was the big signing? Stick him with Chavo and bury him.

Cody's too busy up his own ass pretending to be HHH to calm this shit down.

Jesus they actually let Nick Gage on national TV, and let him pizza cut an out of shape Chris Jericho during an actual Domino's ad.

Petey But Really Jim

I lejdjejejejejjejejjdjdjjdjdjdndndnnddndhdjdjdndd
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
Outstanding show

the cock tease for CM Punk is so real. They know better than to build it this much and not deliver. Never been how they operate.

ten man match was fire. Also PNP slimmed down and they look great.

love the crossovers they’re doing with NJPW, and that it seems to be mostly Archer and Mox that both companies trust to be the ones to facilitate things.

Are they getting the Good Brothers on loan? They’re on AEW more than they were on WWE and they’re not even signed?

Main event was fun. I didn’t think they’d be able to capture a typical Gage death match, but it was fairly close. I shouldn’t be this excited about Juvi, but i am. I was a huge Juvi fan when I was a high school kid watching WCW in the 90’s. This might suck but I’ll enjoy it regardless.

all the WCW memories coming rushing back lately. Just need a Malenko v Jericho segment
Dean-o Machine-o

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Today showed AEW fans are trash human beings.

They attacked Alexa Bliss and chased her off twitter because its apparently her fault Bray got released.

And then spent all day demanding AEW hire him and make him the Dark Order's new leader despite Evil Uno and others saying to stop with that fantasy booking shit.

It's even worse because Bray is reportedly in a bad mental state over Brodie's death and these neckbeard's clamoring for him to replace his dead friend in a stupid gimmick is heart breaking.

Dubbalo's are the personification with everything wrong with wrestling fans.

This mud wrestling show needs to die. I am legit scared for Daniel Bryan because Sammy or Darby are going to permanently paralyze him with how unsafe they work.

Trash mudshow company with trash mudshow fans.

I legit hope Punk pulls a "that's not going to work for me, brother" on them or the little respect I has left before he made an ass of himself in UFC will be gone.
I love the fact that the guy most responsible for the mudshow rants is the same guy who built his company around an angle designed to appeal to actual racists and it failed so horribly and turned so many people off that it was the final nail in it's coffin.

And imagine the balls it takes to rant about unsafe workers in AEW when WWE employs Nia Jax (and, you know the guy who ended Bret Hart's career).

Apex Predator

Jun 21, 2019
Aren’t wwe fans just as bad as aew fans? Seems like all wrestling fans on Twitter are crazy. I feel like we’ve be down this road with wwe fans like a what the aew fans did to Alexa.

I find it odd AEW and WWE fans hate each other. This is good for the wrestling industry. Some competition to keep both promotions on their toes and provide good wrestling shows.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
United Center on the verge of sell out

I'll call it a sell out, with just a few seats left which are h-cap accessible. There are a shit ton of resale seats up on Ticketmaster already, which is such shit. I despite ticket reselling.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Aren’t wwe fans just as bad as aew fans? Seems like all wrestling fans on Twitter are crazy. I feel like we’ve be down this road with wwe fans like a what the aew fans did to Alexa.

I find it odd AEW and WWE fans hate each other. This is good for the wrestling industry. Some competition to keep both promotions on their toes and provide good wrestling shows.
It’s not even fan bases… it’s just the internet culture. Any sport fan base is toxic online

eXile3

Dec 12, 2020

I was honestly hoping for the best for both organizations as a wrestling fan. That was until I heard the last earnings call from WWE and Vince's comments about AEW. It would be one thing to be that arrogant if your product was good but right now it's awful. I would be kind of excited to see AEW put them in their place, though I acknowledge how unlikely that is.

This is what happens when companies become competitor focused. When the competitors die off they get complacent. On the opposite end customers are never happy. It's better to be customer focused than competitor focused. WWE has made it clear they could care less about what their customers want.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad