AEW All Elite Wrestling #5: Road to Double or Nothing

Status
Not open for further replies.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
I didn't care for either debut. One issue was...

Announcers ruined that though a little though. Excaliber couldn't decided which name to use and JR didn't seem like he knew anything. They were better off just not saying anything and waiting til next week.

This bit of awkwardness. But then it was followed up by Dan Lambert and I find him yet again to be a strangely strong promo.

Last edited:

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Announcers ruined that though a little though. Excaliber couldn't decided which name to use and JR didn't seem like he knew anything. They were better off just not saying anything and waiting til next week.

I do agree with that. Do they not even tell them?

Should just go with Tommy End, this is an extension of his WWE character but I actually don’t mind it since he was probably the most criminally underused talent in awhile

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I do agree with that. Do they not even tell them?

Should just go with Tommy End, this is an extension of his WWE character but I actually don’t mind it since he was probably the most criminally underused talent in awhile
It’s supposed to be a surprise so in theory they shouldn’t know. In fact, they should’ve kept calling him Tommy End until he revealed his own new name.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
It’s supposed to be a surprise so in theory they shouldn’t know. In fact, they should’ve kept calling him Tommy End until he revealed his own new name.

I guess this is supposed to explain it. Works for me

eXile3

Dec 12, 2020
AEW's not perfect by any means but at this point it's much more entertaining than anything WWE is doing. At least you get to see new matches every night. I can't watch Corbin VS Nakamura again. I saw a stat that WWE over the last 6 months have been 57% rematches.

Megahab

Apr 30, 2009
Toronto
AEW's not perfect by any means but at this point it's much more entertaining than anything WWE is doing. At least you get to see new matches every night. I can't watch Corbin VS Nakamura again. I saw a stat that WWE over the last 6 months have been 57% rematches.

I read somewhere today that since March, every match that Big E has wrestled in has involved Apollo Crews.

eXile3

Dec 12, 2020
I read somewhere today that since March, every match that Big E has wrestled in has involved Apollo Crews.

I remember when you thought anything can happen on Raw or Smackdown. Now you know exactly what's going to happen. I would much rather watch AEW throw crap at a wall than watch the same thing over and over again.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
I loved the Malakai Black debut, and everything was great until they actually came out and said his name. It was fine for Excalibur to say "I recognize that man, I wrestled him in Germany that's Tommy End..." but they should've either left it there or had him expand on it and say that this isn't the same man he knew back in Germany. Leave it open.

Then have the explanation vignette play the next week.

Reactions: Brodeur

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I loved the Malakai Black debut, and everything was great until they actually came out and said his name. It was fine for Excalibur to say "I recognize that man, I wrestled him in Germany that's Tommy End..." but they should've either left it there or had him expand on it and say that this isn't the same man he knew back in Germany. Leave it open.

Then have the explanation vignette play the next week.

yeah Excalibur botched it. Still nice to see a debuting guy make an impact for once. It’s my favorite debut to watch on silent in years. Probably still the best one in awhile even with Excalibur

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
yeah Excalibur botched it. Still nice to see a debuting guy make an impact for once. It’s my favorite debut to watch on silent in years. Probably still the best one in awhile even with Excalibur

It was such a perfect reaction from the crowd.

Excalibur magically pulling the name Malakai Black out of his ass and acting like he knew all along was just really odd

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Brit Baker is so damn over. Good on them for capitalizing on her fire at the right time. She had a great, quick promo tonight, and is one of the only bright spots in the AEW women’s division. Let her hold the title for a lengthy run here, and when she loses they could make a star out of someone if they do it well

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
So I missed tonight’s show live apart from the last 10 minutes of the main event. I saw highlights, but still curious if The Dark Order took on The Elite. Very pleased to see Page and The Dark Order together. Similar to my draft but just the inverse.

Brit Baker is so damn over. Good on them for capitalizing on her fire at the right time. She had a great, quick promo tonight, and is one of the only bright spots in the AEW women’s division. Let her hold the title for a lengthy run here, and when she loses they could make a star out of someone if they do it well

Their women’s division has really started to get a good roster. Still not WWE level talent, but interesting characters. They really should have brought Chelsea Green in though.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
So I missed tonight’s show live apart from the last 10 minutes of the main event. I saw highlights, but still curious if The Dark Order took on The Elite. Very pleased to see Page and The Dark Order together. Similar to my draft but just the inverse.

Their women’s division has really started to get a good roster. Still not WWE level talent, but interesting characters. They really should have brought Chelsea Green in though.

the 5 v 5 didn’t happen tonight. They acted like it would, but nada.

Darby Allin is a spot monkey and i don’t care. He’s fun to watch. I still think Baker was the segment of the night

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
I pretty much always enjoy Baker, probably the second best AEW "product" since the company started. I saw nothing in her at first but that heel turn did wonders.

The Burdened

May 1, 2017
just want to say how impressed i've been with christian cage.
at his age and how long of a layoff he had out of the business, he continues to deliver good matches regardless of his opponents style, age, or ring experience. i don't think he's had a single misstep yet.

every match has been good and they haven't even burned any of the good on paper matches with him yet. really want to see him and jungle boy go after the bucks.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
just want to say how impressed i've been with christian cage.
at his age and how long of a layoff he had out of the business, he continues to deliver good matches regardless of his opponents style, age, or ring experience. i don't think he's had a single misstep yet.

every match has been good and they haven't even burned any of the good on paper matches with him yet. really want to see him and jungle boy go after the bucks.

Christian has been good. One of my all time favourites and I'm glad that he still has the chance to do good work. For whatever reason WWE has pretty much never wanted to use him to anywhere near his abilities.

Also, I'm glad to see Starks with a belt in AEW. Good potential there and I'm pleased that it's working out for him in AEW so far.

Last edited:

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Wow Archer beat Ambrose clean.

eh, clean with hardcore stipulation. WWE was notorious for this. Cena would only lose big matches if there was a gimmick match.

at least the match was good and the finish made sense. I enjoyed it. Capped off a pretty good show. Gang f***in affiliated baybay!

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Archer needed that bad. Happy for him

Mox’s baby come yet?

edit: just checked, it came a month ago. I wonder if he’s taking some time off

Megahab

Apr 30, 2009
Toronto
eh, clean with hardcore stipulation. WWE was notorious for this. Cena would only lose big matches if there was a gimmick match.

at least the match was good and the finish made sense. I enjoyed it. Capped off a pretty good show. Gang f***in affiliated baybay!

True, I just meant no cheating or cheap finish. It makes Archer look good and doesn't hurt Moxley.

I think the win-loss record keeping has worked amazingly. When I watch AEW, it feels like every match matters at least somewhat. I used to think that it was a mistake and would book them into a corner but I love it.

Reactions: TD Charlie
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad