AEW All Elite Wrestling #5: Road to Double or Nothing

Status
Not open for further replies.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
I would say the show was better overall than the past few weeks, and I was there in Dallas!! Keep the momentum going, and get Pac more involved dammit..he should be a madman out there!

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
So, nobody is going to ask Cody why his wife has gone insane?
A couple weeks ago he made it sound like he didn’t know. Although he also made it sound like all his friends including his brother had better things to do, but he was out there with them last night.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
So, nobody is going to ask Cody why his wife has gone insane?

I think, kayfabe or otherwise, that if it keeps her on TV looking great but not actually wrestling then everyone just agrees to keep their mouth shut.

I do actually enjoy the scalping gimmick. Hopefully the story will go somewhere before long.

EliasFTW

Jan 27, 2009
Utica, NY
A couple weeks ago he made it sound like he didn’t know. Although he also made it sound like all his friends including his brother had better things to do, but he was out there with them last night.

Could be that he feels this was a chance to reconnect, After Darby proved he wasn't alone after their match with The Blade and The Butcher.

flyersfan187

Dec 4, 2007
Morrisdale, PA
I am not a big fan of Jericho going against Jungle Boy but I don't think you can realistically think Jericho could beat a Moxley or Omega with the shape he is currently in so I can see why they went that route. Jericho is still the best on the mic that is for sure.

Idk why but Cody is a bit stale for me, but I am enjoying the Dark Order which is a surprise.

With NXT passing AEW in ratings last week I am curious to see what they do to fix that and to get back ahead of NXT.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
I am not a big fan of Jericho going against Jungle Boy but I don't think you can realistically think Jericho could beat a Moxley or Omega with the shape he is currently in so I can see why they went that route. Jericho is still the best on the mic that is for sure.

Idk why but Cody is a bit stale for me, but I am enjoying the Dark Order which is a surprise.

With NXT passing AEW in ratings last week I am curious to see what they do to fix that and to get back ahead of NXT.

I am enjoying the Dark order somewhat as well. They aren't going to light the ring up but they are at least a faction and there are potential angles there. AEW is pretty far behind NXT in terms of in ring work. It makes good ground with promos from Jericho/Rhodes/MJF but there is a lot of room for improvement in terms of storytelling.

Also, a somewhat terrifying video for someone who hopes for AEW to become a good, long term wrestling promotion on a big stage:

Reactions: flyersfan187

hockey20000

Dec 23, 2018
they having a hard time sellng tickets or something? looking like they moving to smaller areas already

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
AEW resetting the win loss records is funny but halfway necessary. I hope that for 2020 they decide to actually build up Omega instead of overestimating his appeal.

Looking forward to Dustin Rhodes vs Guevara.

Reactions: hockey20000

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
they having a hard time sellng tickets or something? looking like they moving to smaller areas already

They've been alright, but the tv shows aren't selling out the arenas or anything. They're in the amphitheatre in Jacksonville. Same place as they did the Fight for the Fallen event.

Reactions: hockey20000

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Meh the missteps AEW are making are small. They need their stars to be stars and stop trying to push Dark Order and stuff liek that. But the show is damn good. This arena looks cool as hell.

NXT #1
AEW #2

Raw/SD distance behind these 2.

hockey20000

Dec 23, 2018
They've been alright, but the tv shows aren't selling out the arenas or anything. They're in the amphitheatre in Jacksonville. Same place as they did the Fight for the Fallen event.

there crowds always better and louder then wwe though which I enjoy makes the match better.

hockey20000

Dec 23, 2018
Meh the missteps AEW are making are small. They need their stars to be stars and stop trying to push Dark Order and stuff liek that. But the show is damn good. This arena looks cool as hell.

NXT #1
AEW #2

Raw/SD distance behind these 2.

eh i would put Aew >nxt on weekly shows but. Nxt takeovers over everything.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
eh i would put Aew >nxt on weekly shows but. Nxt takeovers over everything.

I like that mindset. I think honestly if Omega was a legit star in AEW, it would make AEW 100x better. I think the biggest botch AEW has had so far is making Kenny Omega completely and utterly forgettable. Omega is one of the legit best in the world. Everyone heard about how great he was. Anyone watching Omega for the first time in 2019 would have said "This guy? Really?"

All because AEW doesn't want to feel they are handing the VPs all the spotlight.

hockey20000

Dec 23, 2018
I like that mindset. I think honestly if Omega was a legit star in AEW, it would make AEW 100x better. I think the biggest botch AEW has had so far is making Kenny Omega completely and utterly forgettable. Omega is one of the legit best in the world. Everyone heard about how great he was. Anyone watching Omega for the first time in 2019 would have said "This guy? Really?"

All because AEW doesn't want to feel they are handing the VPs all the spotlight.

eh he's okay but not a big fan of him his character kinda bores me.. I prefer jon moxley as the face.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
It's definitely true that they've botched Omega. I can't imagine someone first seeing him in AEW and suddenly becoming a fan. He needs to drop a fair bit of his goofiness, get closer to his New Japan in ring performances, and start winning many matches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad