AEW All Elite Wrestling #5: Road to Double or Nothing

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I love how much AEW shits all over WWE. It’s just flat out better.

If they could actually figure out the women's division.. yes. We are more than 1 year in and all indy women are available because there is barely any indys going on. The NWA stuff is 10x better than the actual AEW women stuff.

How in the world do you not run with Brit? How do you not run with Swole? How in the world do you not capitalize on the scary one (whatever her name is). Her entrance was one of the more watched AEW YT videos when it happened.

GindyDraws

I will not disable my Adblock, HF
Mar 13, 2014
Indianapolis
Ricky Starks keeps talking about a big game but he keeps losing to Darby Allen, so how is he getting up in the rankings?

habamillions

Jul 9, 2009
Ottawa
This episode of dynamite has been really good so far. Still waiting for that "massive" surprise khan promised haha. Probably was referring to shaq though. Not interested in that at all

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
This episode of dynamite has been really good so far. Still waiting for that "massive" surprise khan promised haha. Probably was referring to shaq though. Not interested in that at all

Cody Rhodes vs Shaq. Table match. Ends when Shaq steps on a table and breaks it accidentally.

I must say that the WCW fandom is showing with a bunkhouse match. That isn't necessarily a bad thing most times though as I like the era of WCW that Rhodes largely tries to emulate.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
VEGAS BABY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Eml6YNuXcAAhnTd

Reactions: klozge and CDJ

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
I have to say that one of my initial critiques/concerns about AEW was their roster. That's not so much a concern anymore. I think they have plenty of talent even if I think there are a few non-WWE guys they should go get. That said I'm still not convinced by some of their storylines or how they play out. Actually right now there are some good ones or some that have some potential. Still they'll probably end making little sense or simply end with both guys going opposite directions. I also think they could do with another singles title.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
the ref likely didn't realize that he was legit hurt? :dunno:

as a wrestler you can’t just do a bunch of shit around the guy and drag his unconscious body across the ring like that. Gotta protect the boys

my opinion, at least. Might not be everybody’s

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
no clue, it makes zero sense- but I do like Ricky Starks a lot

The booking isn't great but I enjoy Starks' work in general. He's not great in ring but he's got good personality and he can speak pretty well. I'm glad that he found a good spot coming out of the NWA. He reminds me of 1998 Rock's younger brother desperately trying to emulate him in certain ways.

Reactions: Dan Kelly and CDJ

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
The whole Jade Cargill thing also felt very WWE to me. Signing a fitness model, putting out some awkward segment, using her to tease the usage of a mainstream celebrity. It was helped somewhat by her having the ability to talk on the mic, unlike many of the models that have come into wrestling with minimal training, but the content was terrible. She did better on the mic than Brandi (and her... odd new manner of speaking) did and Brandi is usually solid even if she's been overexposed.

Last edited:

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I was just thinking- I think Pac is their best overall talent. He’s got pretty much everything you could want- he’s a little short but he’s so jacked up it doesn’t matter. The promo work is night and day from where he was at in the WWE. The in-ring stuff is impeccable

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
I was just thinking- I think Pac is their best overall talent. He’s got pretty much everything you could want- he’s a little short but he’s so jacked up it doesn’t matter. The promo work is night and day from where he was at in the WWE. The in-ring stuff is impeccable

That's quite plausible. His in ring work in AEW has been up there with anyone and his promos are solid. MJF and Guevara can move up as they get more experience in ring. Its unfortunate that Pac hasn't been able to be featured more due to circumstances but there are still plenty of potential matches with him that I'd like to see.

Reactions: CDJ

Megahab

Apr 30, 2009
Toronto

He was getting really good at promos once he turned heel and was in the cruiserweight division in WWE. He should have been propelled higher up the card to IC title level at least.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
He was getting really good at promos once he turned heel and was in the cruiserweight division in WWE. He should have been propelled higher up the card to IC title level at least.

completely missed that work because he was so buried

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Dynamite episodes can really drag depending on who doesn't have a match. Rhodes still manages to make his segments better than they should be on paper... usually. Even him getting choked out by round old Taz wasn't bad. I liked the main event for what it was, though Death Triangle and its variations should be coming out on top far more often than not.

Megahab

Apr 30, 2009
Toronto
I haven't been that impressed from what I've seen in AEW but Moxley vs. Omega seems like such a bigger deal than the McIntyre-Orton title match on Raw a couple of weeks ago.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
I kind of enjoy Omega winning in that manner and running away. I haven't enjoyed his attempts at being a heel (AEW or Japan) but maybe it will click with Callis there. Their trot to freedom with the title cracked me up.

Sting showing up was not surprising. As Cody Rhodes is so big on emulating early to mid 90s WCW I do wish that it would have surprised everyone and been surfer Sting that showed up. AEW really fails in being an alternative to WWE given how it makes so many of the same boneheaded decisions (despite proclaiming otherwise) but I still hope that the company somehow manages to do better with Sting than WWE did in his legendary run there.

I also enjoy the prospect of Baker vs Thunder Rosa.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I didn’t like face Omega so maybe I’ll like heel Omega

I do like that they are showing up on impact. AEW will be a lot stronger if they cooperate with the other promotions. It’s good for the business too.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
AEW are clearly willing to work with anyone and not only that but in a way where both sides benefit the most. We see it with NWA, making AEW’s women’s programs stronger and giving their best talent their air, and now Impact who in one fell swoop have landed could be their biggest angle of in their history and it wasn’t even on their show. Their talent on twitter seem to be pushing a wrestling war.

I’ve always said these smaller companies need to pool resources now they finally doing it.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
I didn’t like face Omega so maybe I’ll like heel Omega

I do like that they are showing up on impact. AEW will be a lot stronger if they cooperate with the other promotions. It’s good for the business too.

It is good that AEW is open to relationships with other companies. If handled properly it's only a positive, plus on a level outside of AEW it does make sense given the history of Omega and Callis. WWE is too up its own ass for the last 20 years to engage in relationships with other companies so it's only an advantage for AEW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad