AEW All Elite Wrestling #5: Road to Double or Nothing

Status
Not open for further replies.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Apparently a lot of people think that this guy was the AEW spy that Jericho was talking about:

nxt2017autosabbatelli1825.jpg

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Wouldn't be surprised if there was something to it but it's also dumb

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Would’ve been fine if they hadn’t already beaten Brodie Lee before....

You can’t beat a guy clean then have him be some unstoppable monster a month later. Bad booking imo

Just makes Cody look bad tbh. Am I supposed to believe Lee is invincible when I saw him lose recently or am I supposed to believe your top baby face is an absolute zero? Because I’m leaning towards the latter. I mean I think they’ve had jobbers get more offense in on Lee than Cody did. Makes no sense

honestly evil uno ruins the entire group for me, he just looks and talks like a total dweeb so I couldn’t take anything they did seriously before Lee got there. Now I just think the faction is a bunch of bums and Lee. It’s basically The Flock 2.0, just nowhere near as entertaining and Lee isn’t as good as Raven

Last edited:
Reactions: Big Poppa Puck

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010

You can’t beat a guy clean then have him be some unstoppable monster a month later. Bad booking imo

Just makes Cody look bad tbh. Am I supposed to believe Lee is invincible when I saw him lose recently or am I supposed to believe your top baby face is an absolute zero? Because I’m leaning towards the latter. I mean I think they’ve had jobbers get more offense in on Lee than Cody did. Makes no sense

honestly evil uno ruins the entire group for me, he just looks and talks like a total dweeb so I couldn’t take anything they did seriously before Lee got there. Now I just think the faction is a bunch of bums and Lee. It’s basically The Flock 2.0, just nowhere near as entertaining and Lee isn’t as good as Raven

AEW hasn't figured out how to establish new wrestlers it seems. For all the lofty talk at the beginning, particularly about 50/50 booking, the booking is suspiciously like recent WWE. I'd give it a slight edge for now but that's also without nearly as much time to fill each week. I'm ok with the Dark Order. I liked the vignettes early on. There should be some consistency though and you're right regarding Lee.

Reactions: Khelandros and CDJ

Apex Predator

Jun 21, 2019

Wasn’t Lee’s only lose this year to Jon Moxley?

Reactions: CDJ

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Wasn’t Lee’s only lose this year to Jon Moxley?

It was- that’s the loss I’m referring to....it should not have happened if this is how they want to book him. The match shouldn’t have happened at all, they should have found something else for him instead of feeding him to D+ Stone Cold. But instead we are supposed to believe Moxley is 1,000 times better than Cody or something, because again I’m pretty sure they gave Marko Stunt more offense against Lee.

Not only that but this also buried Lance Archer, who is also supposed to be an unstoppable force and who they also beat way too early for how they were booking him. And now his loss comes to a bum that couldn’t get offense in against the other big monster. So what does that make Archer other than a bitch?

they're trying to push Lee as invincible but they already choked him unconscious....so not only did they already beat him they let him get manhandled and strangled by a guy way smaller than him. What a super invincible powerhouse

Last edited:
Reactions: Apex Predator

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Saw a clip from this past week on YouTube, Eddie Kingston is awesome. Also seems like they’re finally making Kenny Omega interesting

Last edited:

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
I mean lee kicked out of 3 paradigm shifts and also didn’t tap out but passed out.

while it’s losing clean that makes him look like an unstoppable monster really.

I’ll agree about archer though. He’s been mia for a bit now

The Man in White

Jun 28, 2004
I mean lee kicked out of 3 paradigm shifts and also didn’t tap out but passed out.

This. Dark Order has grown on me since they started getting featured on BTE. I popped for Lee squashing a cocky Cody gloating every week. Arn's expressions were also hilarious.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby

And that’s fair because it did take a lot to have him lose but even then- they let him take that much damage and get choked unconscious by a normalish looking guy when he’s apparently an invincible monster. Am I supposed to believe Moxley is light years ahead of Cody? It’s just kinda inconsistent to me

in a vacuum I like having Lee run through Rhodes like that- I just don’t think it makes sense when taking the surrounding context into account

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I know I’m the only one who thinks this but I think this Moxley/MJF build absolutely sucks. I’ll still get the PPV though if the Flyers aren’t playing Game 7.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Put the belt on MJF

Someday. Moxley hasn't been a very good champion but I'm hoping that AEW stays patient with MJF. He could have a great run somewhere down the line.

I know I’m the only one who thinks this but I think this Moxley/MJF build absolutely sucks. I’ll still get the PPV though if the Flyers aren’t playing Game 7.

It's not been a good build. Fairly stilted and forced. I get why they are putting them together but it's been pretty generic outside of mainly one strong promo.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
It’s not even so much the matchup. The lawyer thing, banning finishers (pointless stipulations), the campaign parody all feels like bad WWE comedy. I’m not one of those guys who always has to compare AEW to WWE, but if this was WWE, with live crowds, it would be death.

Reactions: Big Poppa Puck

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
I saw a random 30 second GIF and that's all I know of the show...

... What the f*** is Matt Hardy thinking? That dude has been around way too long to be doing that f***ing stupid of a spot without better protection.

EDIT: Shit, I read up on it... HOW THE f*** DID THEY STOP THAT MATCH AND THEN RESTART IT?!

Last edited:

Maffew

Born. Raised. Habs. Always.
May 14, 2010
Montréal, QC
It is just me, or is one problem with the Dark Order is that their name is the Dark Order, yet nothing they do ressembles anything dark and order-y?

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I saw a random 30 second GIF and that's all I know of the show...

... What the f*** is Matt Hardy thinking? That dude has been around way too long to be doing that f***ing stupid of a spot without better protection.

EDIT: Shit, I read up on it... HOW THE f*** DID THEY STOP THAT MATCH AND THEN RESTART IT?!

triple thumbs down on that

Honestly to me this was a disaster of a PPV (again, outside of the Archer and the outcome of the tag title match)

The Matt Hardy shit makes up a large amount of my disdain for it. The decision on the title match is stupid too. Just don’t have MJF go for the title yet if this is what they were gonna do, now they made him look like a total clown.

Jericho/Orange Cassidy was negative 2 stars. Both guys can work, I’m not saying that. Stupid f***ing match.

Good to see Matt Sydal in AEW, bad to see him immediately botch a SSP and become the most memorable part of the battle royal. At least they had the right guy win

The dark order looks like a bunch of chumps. I can never figure out their booking. One week they are the prime NWO, the next they are the Job Squad.

I need to bring up the Matt Hardy thing again though. The fact AEW let him continue was perhaps the most negligent thing I’ve ever seen in the wrestling business from a company that is on TV. For a company that prides itself in caring about their wrestlers they certainly did a poor job of making that apparent

PPV score: D-

I didn’t even realize they said Hardy passed concussion protocol. They need to be barbecued for this. Alvarez is saying the right things about it, Meltzer is predictably condemning them and making excuses for them at the same time. If Vince pulled this he would be talking nonstop about how out of touch he is

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad