AEW All Elite Wrestling #5: Road to Double or Nothing

Status
Not open for further replies.

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
I entirely disagree but probably better to just leave it there lol

I’m with you on this; I think Moxley has been fine; no 5 star matches But I feel they are saving the big matches (mox vs omega, pac, allin etc.) for later.

As for orange Cassidy I think they have done a great job; this feud with Jericho if there had been crowds would have cemented Cassidy in the mid card title if not a lower end main event guy.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I don’t think Orange Cassidy works without a crowd and I don’t think they should have their top star in a mid card feud with him

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Recently released NXT star Tino Sabbatelli's 30-day no-compete has expired and he will get a try-out on AEW Dark tonight. He will be part of a tag match against Best Friends. His real name is Sabatino Piscetelli and he will wrestle under the name of Sabby going forward.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Recently released NXT star Tino Sabbatelli's 30-day no-compete has expired and he will get a try-out on AEW Dark tonight. He will be part of a tag match against Best Friends. His real name is Sabatino Piscetelli and he will wrestle under the name of Sabby going forward.

used to be an NFL starting safety too

Eddie Kingston was the mystery opponent for Cody. I heard he debuted and immediately went to YouTube. Cut a hell of a promo

Last edited:

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Does anyone know why AEW didn't go big on Abadon when she debuted? Dude it was viral for a little bit. They really missed a chance to run with it. Or maybe she wanted to stay away due to COVID?

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
I thought that was a fairly good episode last night, following a solid episode last week. AEW is pretty consistent in terms of which wrestlers are going to bring some entertainment and which aren't. Nice promo by MJF and nice work by Cody Rhodes, as to be expected.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Awesome promo from MJF

That’s pretty much how I feel. Love that he plans on doing this until he’s 50

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Gottt dayum Matt Hardy got some juice

I was pretty surprised to see it, but it looked good. I sort of rolled my eyes when ti came to Hardy and his "new" persona but I think it's off to a decent start.

Advantage

Aug 10, 2020
Belleville, Ontario
Never been a big Matt Hardy fan (and especially didn't like Jeff) but I have to admit that I am intrigued in his new persona and with him being an on-screen mentor to a talented but raw team like Private Party.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
I appreciate that they are going for a story but it would be nice if Omega and Page would just lose the tag belts and feud. AEW has good tag team depth right now but could really use more hands at the top level in singles. I like what this has done for Page, who I was not a fan of, and would like to see where he goes after this tag team run.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I appreciate that they are going for a story but it would be nice if Omega and Page would just lose the tag belts and feud. AEW has good tag team depth right now but could really use more hands at the top level in singles. I like what this has done for Page, who I was not a fan of, and would like to see where he goes after this tag team run.

yup, it’s time

and do it by making Omega the heel. It’s easy too, you just have him cut promos about how he carried his drunk ass the last handful of months and then we can put it in the justified heel turn thread too

get the main belt on MJF via Wardlow shenanigans and eventually you have Page vs MJF for the title as a great homegrown program. They faced off in that battle royal as the final two a year ago and it’s come full circle. Then if you want to make it really cool you let MJF retain, hold the belt for over a year. Maybe 2. Then eventually have him drop it to a properly built up Jack Perry (he no longer goes by Jungle Boy as he’s now a JUNGLE MAN and the progression is shown via his performances against MJF)

And none of these guys have the WWE stink

When’s PAC back

Last edited:

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
yup, it’s time

and do it by making Omega the heel. It’s easy too, you just have him cut promos about how he carried his drunk ass the last handful of months and then we can put it in the justified heel turn thread too

get the main belt on MJF via Wardlow shenanigans and eventually you have Page vs MJF for the title as a great homegrown program. They faced off in that battle royal as the final two a year ago and it’s come full circle. Then if you want to make it really cool you let MJF retain, hold the belt for over a year. Maybe 2. Then eventually have him drop it to a properly built up Jack Perry (he no longer goes by Jungle Boy as he’s now a JUNGLE MAN and the progression is shown via his performances against MJF)

And none of these guys have the WWE stink

When’s PAC back

I can see both sides when it comes to whether Page or Omega ends up as the heel when they split, assuming of course that Rhodes doesn't deem the very notion of heels passe and have them both be tweeners to the delight of no one. I do think that Page ends up as a face long term, but in the short term I'd probably rather Page as the heel and Omega as the face. Omega is a pretty bad promo, but he can wrestle like a face and that's a somewhat rare skill. I also see Page getting a bigger reaction down the road as a face if he gets to be a heel first, in the classic fashion. Either way they need to split to keep wrestlers like Cassidy out of high end positions.

I like how AEW is handling MJF for the most part. He's often the best part of the show but he could still use some seasoning. If they can get the upper card a year from now with Jericho, Moxley, Omega, Page, Pac on top with MJF, Guevara, and a few other young guys pushing from below then that's a decent situation. Moxley and Omega need some fixing but if they split up Page and Omega they are on their way.

Reactions: Say Hey Kid and CDJ

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
AEW released 3 wrestlers yesterday.

from ringsidenews.com:

AEW released Jimmy Havoc, Bea Priestley and Sadie Gibbs from their contracts on August 13th. This was not something the company ever wanted to so, especially duding a pandemic, but they were out of options.

Jimmy Havoc was accused of sexual misconduct and other abuse as part of the #SpeakingOut movement. These allegations were pretty intense and he entered rehab. It was said that his status with the company would be addressed following completion of rehab.

It was noted in the Wrestling Observer Newsletter that the allegations likely played a huge part in Havoc’s AEW release. The other two releases had nothing to do with any allegations as neither Priestley or Gibbs could make into the United States.

AEW will continue on, but there are still some people who are unable to make it to events for different reasons. Pac is also still stuck in the UK. As of this writing, he is still under All Elite Wrestling contract.

Say Hey Kid

Gonna get some albums by The Status Quo
Dec 10, 2007
Bathory, GA
Is Omega the Best Canadian born wrestler to never have an official match in the WWE?

Last edited:

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I don’t think they lost anything of value with Havoc being cut

Last edited:

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Is Omega the Best Canadian born wrestler to never have an official match in the WWE?

Probably so. Pretty much everyone of note has been in WWE or WWF (or WWWF) for the last several generations. Unless of course someone is a big Abdullah The Butcher fan or something.

I don’t think they lost anything with value of Havoc being cut

AEW needs bodies but he's a bum. Nothing of value lost.

Reactions: CDJ

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
I wonder who the " spy " is ????

from wrestlinginc.com:

During Chris Jericho's Saturday Night Special #19, he revealed that a former NXT wrestler was the one who leaked Eric Bischoff's AEW appearance on Reddit.

While Jericho didn't reveal who the "NXT reject" was that spoiled Bischoff's appearance, he did mention that the person is never allowed back in All Elite Wrestling.

"Social media is a different ball of wax," Jericho said. "Though, I think the amount of people who are on social media is very small compared to the overall people watching. For example, when we had the debate and Eric Bischoff was announced on Reddit and we know the spy is, by the way. Oh, we know. He'll never f---ing be back in AEW. NXT reject was a spy, so print that."

Chris Jericho went on to explain that while the news was revealed before the episode aired on TNT, some fans were still super surprised.

"I was like, listen, we can announce this or we can just not announce it and don't worry about it and see, you know, the people that know will know and maybe they'll watch if they weren't going to," he explained. "The people that don't know, will still be surprised. That's exactly what happened. People were super surprised that Bischoff was there and it worked out great."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad