AEW All Elite Wrestling #5: Road to Double or Nothing

Status
Not open for further replies.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
But, now there is Baker in a wheelchair to enjoy at the very least. If Bret Hart, Linda McMahon, Ron Wright, and even Batista have taught us anything it's that wheelchairs make for entertaining wrestling story options.

:laugh:

it’s a good point

was nice to see FTR debut at least...made me forget about the shit show of a match I had just seen

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Finally got to finish this weeks episode- I like AEW but objectively speaking I thought that was a very sloppy show. I think the closing segment kind of sucked tbh

Seems like they’re already planting seeds for Wardlow to turn on MJF (mistake imo)

I did see War Machine (refuse to call them anything else) tweeting with Matt Hardy....it does seem like if they got a standard 3 year deal it could expire in 2021. They were tremendous in ROH imo

Last edited:

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
Finally got to finish this weeks episode- I like AEW but objectively speaking I thought that was a very sloppy show. I think the closing segment kind of sucked tbh

Seems like they’re already planting seeds for Wardlow to turn on MJF (mistake imo)

I did see War Machine (refuse to call them anything else) tweeting with Matt Hardy....it does seem like if they got a standard 3 year deal it could expire in 2021. They were tremendous in ROH imo

Wardlow needs to stay with MJF until there’s crowds back at least. They need to slow burn the turn on MJF cause that’s the best way to get him over huge

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Wardlow needs to stay with MJF until there’s crowds back at least. They need to slow burn the turn on MJF cause that’s the best way to get him over huge

completely agree- Idk how much of a promo he is because there is no need for him to really speak when he’s paired with MJF but they have a chance to groom him as a completely homegrown powerhouse (whether he’s a heel or face)

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I don’t get why they would even begin to tease a turn for Wardlow. I don’t think it’s necessary.

Reactions: DaaaaB's

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
I very much dislike Cassidy but to be fair to the guy he's one who's really going to be hurt by the absence of fans.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Orange Cassidy is the one dude in all of wrestling that relies 100% on the fans and his interactions with them. They should just keep him off television until fans are allowed to return.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Very fair point about him being almost entirely dependent on the crowd. I didn’t really factor that in over the last few months and that’s when I’ve started to get tired of him so… Makes sense

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
I liked FTR's first match, did not like the poorly done shenanigans that followed outside of Page looking hilarious. I sort of enjoyed the pickup truck and crappy music as well.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Why doesn't someone walk up and punch him in the face when the bell rings if he's got his hands in his pockets? Soc him in the face and pin him. Bing. Bang. Boom.
He's a comedic act. He's not meant to be someone that has serious matches or storylines. But his act needs a crowd in order for it to work.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Jericho is the best commentator in the entire business

catching up on last weeks episode and the segment beating the shit out of best friends was A+

Matt Hardy is dumb imo.

Cody’s neck tattoo is an abomination but good match with Marq Quen

Last edited:

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
So Ricky Starks is in AEW now

I remember him from the first handful of episodes of NWA Power I watched. They should target these guys who haven’t had a ton of exposure yet

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
So Ricky Starks is in AEW now

I remember him from the first handful of episodes of NWA Power I watched. They should target these guys who haven’t had a ton of exposure yet

I like Starks and think that he could be good in AEW outside of the ring. I'm not sure that his in ring work is going to fit in well, but I hope for the best.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Stumbled upon Ortiz massively overselling an orange juice bath.

There's bad in a good way and bad in a bad way... This was not bad in a good way.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Stumbled upon Ortiz massively overselling an orange juice bath.

There's bad in a good way and bad in a bad way... This was not bad in a good way.

It's been terrible lately. I don't want to blame any company for being terrible given the current situation, but I'm also not sure that AEW's issues stem from the absence of fans. The stuff with Jericho an Cassidy or the stuff with Moxley has been awful.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
It's been terrible lately. I don't want to blame any company for being terrible given the current situation, but I'm also not sure that AEW's issues stem from the absence of fans. The stuff with Jericho an Cassidy or the stuff with Moxley has been awful.
How has the stuff with Moxley been terrible?

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
How has the stuff with Moxley been terrible?

The match with Cage was terrible. Now Cage isn't particularly good, but Moxley does have some talent and should be able to carry him to something better than that. I find that Moxley has been a disappointment since basically everything after his debut, but for the sake of fairness he hasn't done anything as bad as what Jericho has had to do lately.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
The match with Cage was terrible. Now Cage isn't particularly good, but Moxley does have some talent and should be able to carry him to something better than that. I find that Moxley has been a disappointment since basically everything after his debut, but for the sake of fairness he hasn't done anything as bad as what Jericho has had to do lately.
I entirely disagree but probably better to just leave it there lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad