AEW All Elite Wrestling #5: Road to Double or Nothing

Status
Not open for further replies.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
That tattoo is still there

Marko is still the worst thing in professional wrestling. MJF is still the best thing.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Next week's Dynamite show from Rochester has been postponed. :(

from heelbynature.com:

Next week’s edition of AEW Dynamite in Rochester, NY has been rescheduled due to the recent coronavirus outbreak.

The event, which originally scheduled for 3/18 at the Blue Cross Arena will now take place on 7/8.

Ticket holders will have the option to request refunds, or attend the show on the rescheduled date with no changes needed.

All Elite Wrestling is expected to make an announcement shortly, including details on how they plan to present the show.

Reactions: flyersfan187

flyersfan187

Dec 4, 2007
Morrisdale, PA
Next week's Dynamite show from Rochester has been postponed. :(

from heelbynature.com:

Next week’s edition of AEW Dynamite in Rochester, NY has been rescheduled due to the recent coronavirus outbreak.

The event, which originally scheduled for 3/18 at the Blue Cross Arena will now take place on 7/8.

Ticket holders will have the option to request refunds, or attend the show on the rescheduled date with no changes needed.

All Elite Wrestling is expected to make an announcement shortly, including details on how they plan to present the show.

Good for AEW to do that.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
I liked Baker's promo again, and MJF was good as per usual. I'm not big on Daniels but I'm enjoying his back and forth with Dark Order more than I expected to. Liking the building up of Page as well.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I am not a Stunt hater. I think he plays a good character. No different than Spike Dudley. Dude is fun. If you cannot suspend disbelief while watching wrestling.... i don't know.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I am not a Stunt hater. I think he plays a good character. No different than Spike Dudley. Dude is fun. If you cannot suspend disbelief while watching wrestling.... i don't know.

I think he’s a little dipshit that almost broke the butchers neck last night. And when he flosses I want to throw him in a pit of snakes

I’m gonna pretend you didn’t just insult spike dudley like this by making that comparison either. HOW DARE YOU SIR! SIR!

spike actually knew how to work. And even that aside he still towers over Marko stunt. The difference in size between them is literally the distance in size between me and Pascal Siakam

I don’t see any value that he adds. He can’t work. He can’t talk. He’s a shitty mascot. Maybe they can get wee man to mascot the young bucks or something. Shawn Spears needs a tag team partner, maybe we could get some dump truck from my 600 lb life because “suspension of disbelief” or whatever. Maybe a pizza guy in a TMNT costume. Or a wacky wavy inflatable flailing arms tube man. That at least has charisma!

he would be best in peter Avalon’s role but peter Avalon is way better than him at it. He’s going to either hurt himself or somebody else. The kids only 23, Hes super green. I don’t think he should be here yet. The in-ring stuff isn’t up to par like it is for a similarly young guy like Guevara

Last edited:

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
More updates from AEW:

MILWAUKEE
As a precautionary measure against COVID-19, the AEW DYNAMITE show on April 1 in Milwaukee, WI, will be relocated. The show will be televised live on TNT on April 1. The DYNAMITE show in Milwaukee will be rescheduled for Wednesday, October 28, at the UWM Panther Arena.

Fans who have already purchased tickets to the Milwaukee show will be offered a refund via the point of purchase, or have their original ticket valid for admission to the event on October 28. Additional details will be forthcoming.

ST. LOUIS
The AEW DYNAMITE show on April 8 in St. Louis, MO, will also be relocated. This show will be televised live on TNT on April 8. The DYNAMITE show in St. Louis will be rescheduled for Wednesday, October 7, at Chaifetz Arena.

Fans who have already purchased tickets to the St. Louis show will be offered a refund via the point of purchase, or have their original ticket valid for admission to the event on Oct. 7. Additional details will be forthcoming.

We appreciate your understanding as the safety and well-being of our fans and talent is always our top priority. We will continue to closely monitor this evolving situation related to COVID-19 and be guided by government officials, health organizations and venue management.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
AEW is doing much better than WWE at putting on a show with no fans so far. Not surprising since they do everything better than wwe.

I like the way they're doing it given the situation. Changing the camera angle and using the wrestlers around the ring is good in the short term.

Last edited:

Bunch of Jurcos

The poster formally known as Hedley
Feb 24, 2016
This has been an entertaining show so far. Way more wrestling than I expected, good character work, and a "swerve" of The Exalted One. With the main event to go, good job so far AEW!

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
I like the way they're doing it given the situation. Changing the camera angle and using the wrestlers around the ring is good int he short term.
Yep, they're making the best of a bad situation. Having other wrestlers watching is a great idea.

Jake Roberts with another great promo. Loved the chirp about the Elites earlier promo. That Lance Archer vignette was kind of cool too. Definitely unique.

dubey

$$$$$$$*NICE*$$$$$$$ 69 in 79 $$$$$$$*NICE*$$$$$$$
Oct 22, 2006
In your head
SO GOOD

I hope they continue doing shows. They didn't reference next week at all just "next show"

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
I think he’s a little dipshit that almost broke the butchers neck last night. And when he flosses I want to throw him in a pit of snakes

I’m gonna pretend you didn’t just insult spike dudley like this by making that comparison either. HOW DARE YOU SIR! SIR!

spike actually knew how to work. And even that aside he still towers over Marko stunt. The difference in size between them is literally the distance in size between me and Pascal Siakam

I don’t see any value that he adds. He can’t work. He can’t talk. He’s a shitty mascot. Maybe they can get wee man to mascot the young bucks or something. Shawn Spears needs a tag team partner, maybe we could get some dump truck from my 600 lb life because “suspension of disbelief” or whatever. Maybe a pizza guy in a TMNT costume. Or a wacky wavy inflatable flailing arms tube man. That at least has charisma!

he would be best in peter Avalon’s role but peter Avalon is way better than him at it. He’s going to either hurt himself or somebody else. The kids only 23, Hes super green. I don’t think he should be here yet. The in-ring stuff isn’t up to par like it is for a similarly young guy like Guevara
He's part of one of the most over acts in the entire company so I'm pretty sure the people running the company don't give a single flying fig about what you think. In fact the reason he's in AEW is because Cody saw him on a (IIRC) GCW event where he pretty much stole the show. And while we are on the subject I think it's hilarious that certain people who won't shut up about how Marko Stunt kills the credibility of the business grew up on wrestling featuring such "credible" things as the top guy feuding with werewolves, mummies and Batman. That wasn't any more credible than Marco Stunt but you know what? It was fun and people loved it so who cares?

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
You aren’t the reason Jungle Boy and Luchasaurus are over, marko

people who think the flossing midget are cool are lames. At least hornswoggle made sense, even if it was dumb lol (every Irish person has a pet leprechaun, obviously)

it isn’t even just about the credibility of the business- I mean Kenny omega has wrestled sex dolls- marko is a bad worker on top of that! It’s a good thing he is so small, if he wasn’t he would have broken butchers neck. And he’s annoying. Because he flosses like a 9 year old from 2017, except he’s an alleged grown man in 2020. And takes away from the actual future star in the group.

Orange Cassidy is actually pretty funny and can work. I have no problem with goofy shit. The goofy shit I grew up on was actually good (shout out The Hurricane)

Last edited:

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
You aren’t the reason Jungle Boy and Luchasaurus are over, marko

people who think the flossing midget are cool are lames. At least hornswoggle made sense, even if it was dumb lol (every Irish person has a pet leprechaun, obviously)

it isn’t even just about the credibility of the business- I mean Kenny omega has wrestled sex dolls- marko is a bad worker on top of that! It’s a good thing he is so small, if he wasn’t he would have broken butchers neck. And he’s annoying. Because he flosses like a 9 year old from 2017, except he’s an alleged grown man in 2020. And takes away from the actual future star in the group.

Orange Cassidy is actually pretty funny and can work. I have no problem with goofy shit. The goofy shit I grew up on was actually good (shout out The Hurricane)
I will reply to this pile of gibberish with a simple reply: if he was just a real small guy with no talent or charisma that wasn't over a lick do you think he would've been hired in the first place?

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Yes I think unqualified people get hired in every line of work every day. There are bad doctors, there are bad lawyers, and much like in this case here there are bad mascots

I think that tag team is just as over with him as they are without him

I will say this- he does give Jurassic express somebody to take the pin fall so jungle boy doesnt have to get buried. So that’s nice

Last edited:

flyersfan187

Dec 4, 2007
Morrisdale, PA
You go from watching Raw being terrible even with Austin on there to this show. This was an amazing show they had in front of zero fans. The dark order will be much better now, even though I enjoyed them here and there before. Hardy joining up with the Elite temporarily could be the next match up for Jericho at a ppv which would be an entertaining feud. MJF and Spears betting was a fun little thing to have on the side. One thing that AEW has over WWE is that everything they do seems natural compared to forced by the WWE.

Btw, I hope when fans come back I hope they start doing a Waffle House chant lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad