All Elite Wrestling #4: The road to PPV #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

hockey20000

Dec 23, 2018
ending was awesome.. letting jon moxley lose a unsanactioned match this early into his run would ruinhim.. his whole character is built around that type of match he needs to win a bunch of them before he loses one.

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
Now the question becomes how long Cody doesn’t compete for the title. Eventually he will become a bad guy and “abuse” his power but I wonder how long he waits to hold the title in his own company

Morozov

The Devil Killer
Sep 18, 2007
Not many posts here given the hype for AEW, thought the PPV would have got a lot more people posting. Has interest faded already? did people forget it's on a Saturday night?

I loved it.

Oct 18, 2011
just catching up now, the opening match I was happy to finally see some rules enforced during a tag team match. these car crash tag matches without them just destroy the hot tag concept, it's going to make the matches better if they can condition the fans to this instead of anarchy

Moxley/Omega had to go last, talk about a car wreck you can't follow, I legit cringed many times, I hope that barbed wire bed was gimmicked...I don't know how Moxley can ever lose an actual match after this just hope they are both not hurt too badly..

Last edited:

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
I really liked the ending of the Rhodes-Jericho match, but I could have done with some more build to MJF or Rhodes turning on each other. MJF easily could have gotten weeks out of saying that he threw in the towel to save Rhodes, because he cares about him more than he cares about the title etc. IT's almost certainly still a better job and slower build than WWE would have done though.

I'm enjoying Jericho as champion, but I look forward to when Pac gets a run.

Reactions: boredmale

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I really liked the ending of the Rhodes-Jericho match, but I could have done with some more build to MJF or Rhodes turning on each other. MJF easily could have gotten weeks out of saying that he threw in the towel to save Rhodes, because he cares about him more than he cares about the title etc. IT's almost certainly still a better job and slower build than WWE would have done though.

I'm enjoying Jericho as champion, but I look forward to when Pac gets a run.

The thought is that if you’re fully inside-baseball on this (i.e. watch all their social media/YouTube stuff) then it wasn’t too soon, but if you’ve only watched the 5 weeks of TV and All Out, then they’re just pulling the trigger on a hot feud and establishing MJF as a top heel.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
The thought is that if you’re fully inside-baseball on this (i.e. watch all their social media/YouTube stuff) then it wasn’t too soon, but if you’ve only watched the 5 weeks of TV and All Out, then they’re just pulling the trigger on a hot feud and establishing MJF as a top heel.

I buy that that is the reasoning, but it's pretty poor reasoning when TV is the most important element of the promotion. It's been a decent angle regardless but drawing it out more would have been nice rather than throwing in a ball shot after MJF had already "screwed" Rhodes much worse. I will look forward to what should be some very strong promos coming up.

hockey20000

Dec 23, 2018
who gets the next shot at Jericho is the question hangman page already lost to himm but he beat #2 pac.. and moxleys match won't count on his record... I guess i would see Jericho vs page vs pac in a triple threat if pac claims that its 1-1 between him and page in actual singles matches. I could get behind triple threat .

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I buy that that is the reasoning, but it's pretty poor reasoning when TV is the most important element of the promotion. It's been a decent angle regardless but drawing it out more would have been nice rather than throwing in a ball shot after MJF had already "screwed" Rhodes much worse. I will look forward to what should be some very strong promos coming up.
They never explained on TV why MJF was Cody’s guy either, especially when he was still working as a heel anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->