All Elite Wrestling #1: AEW announced TV deal with TNT, partners with B/R Live

Status
Not open for further replies.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I'm just going to assume we won't get this in Canada then, unless Bell decides to pick it up and put it on TSN since Rogers/SN has WWE content.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I'm just going to assume we won't get this in Canada then, unless Bell decides to pick it up and put it on TSN since Rogers/SN has WWE content.

Well, they do have an international deal coming. Wouldn’t be surprised to see a Canadian deal happen.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
That’s who I thought it was going to be. Billionaire Ted back in the game.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
unprecedented what these guys are achieving. so much for a pissant t-shirt company

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
I have been craving a second wrestling company that is in the more mainstream ever since WCW left. I cant wait. (There was that brief period of TNA with Spike where they had some success)

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
This pleases me. I'm not sold on the quality of AEW at this point, but there is no downside to there being a bit of legitimate competition. Having wrestling back on TBS or TNT also garners a little nostalgia. I spent a lot of time watching WCW (and the ads for various music compilations) on TBS.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
It won’t really set in for another man, but I’m excited. Finally legitimate competition, a billionaire owner, a legit TV deal on prime time.

God damn.

And if they did end up landing Dean that would be nuts too. Those are two big North American names (Jericho, Ambrose) to build around, and the hardcore fan base recognition of The Bucks and Kenny.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Also I dont even care if Jim Ross is an end of the line Bob Cole at this point in his career (not saying its true)

Ross >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Cole

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
I saw Cole and I was convinced that was a takedown of Maggle.

Ross will be better in a situation where he's calling storyline matches and not just being "I'm Jim Ross working for AXS voicing over NJPW matches". He's lost a bit of his fastball but I'd pop for a vintage "mah gawd" when Pac drops Page on his head at Down Or Nothing.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
I'd much rather have a new commentary team. Even if JR can be non-terrible, I still want something new.

I think Excalibur is still available, so I'd much rather have him plus whoever he wants to worth with.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
excalibur was confirmed for Double or nothing im sure.
same people as ALL in i think. Alicia A doing backstage interviews.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad