All Elite Wrestling #1: AEW announced TV deal with TNT, partners with B/R Live

Status
Not open for further replies.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
I wonder what their plans are going to be to determine the inaugural
champions is going to be. They need to be careful to throw all the belts on the elite members; (bucks-tag team,Cody/omega/hangman- main;secondary;possibly third title) and have AEW look like a vanity project. A few surprises is needed so they don’t get the predictable tag applied to the organization right away.

Hopefully they have some original matches that can determine the inaugural champions or over their next few pay per views a tournament that culminates at all out ( or first tv show) to crown the champion. But I would hope for only one tournament and have the other titles decided by something else, maybe a royal rumble for the secondary title or whatever

I have nothing to really back this up, it’s just a gut feeling, but to me this seems like an extremely fair and balanced promotion already. I don’t think they’ll hot shot anything or just keep titles on the elite. It really seems like they’ll start with an even playing field. Those that are getting the crowd reactions will compete at the top of the card.

I can’t wait until this takes off

Reactions: KIRK

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
i dont think they have a huge ego.
being huge stars they would still tour and go to small places to put people over.
the crowd would be ALL wearing Bullet Club, they would be wearing gold from japan and ROH and still put Local guys over.

anyways. i think they wont have a problem doing that.
but theres zero reasons why they shouldnt be champions. they are that good all of them.

Last edited:

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
i dont think they have a huge ego.
being huge stars they would still tour and go to small places to put people over.
the crowd would be ALL wearing Bullet Club, they would be wearing gold from japan and ROH and still put Local guys over.

anyways. i think they wont have a problem putting people over.
but theres zero reasons why they shouldnt be champions. they are that good all of them.

I agree completely that at some point they should all be holding the gold; my point was on night one you don’t want them to be holding all the gold.

Give pac the heavyweight title
The bucks the tag titles
And some complete surprise the secondary title and it’s amazing

Use the logic that omega is in a blood fight vs. Jericho

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
Saw a video today of Cody announcing Double or Nothing will include another over budget battle royal. Also, saw a video the other day that included Omega and the Bucks attending a backstreet boys concert. They were freaking out like teenage girls lol

Oct 18, 2011
I have nothing to really back this up, it’s just a gut feeling, but to me this seems like an extremely fair and balanced promotion already. I don’t think they’ll hot shot anything or just keep titles on the elite. It really seems like they’ll start with an even playing field. Those that are getting the crowd reactions will compete at the top of the card.

I can’t wait until this takes off
If they're truly trying to make wins and losses matter and portray real sports wouldn't it make sense to have a "regular season" and a post season to crown champions?

Reactions: Fro
Oct 18, 2011
I’m not against it
Just spitballing but say you had Kenny Omega as the number 1 seed vs say some up and coming guy who started slow but finished hot and gave Omega a tough match or two but ultimately like in real sports the number 1 seed usually wins just a thought

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Just spitballing but say you had Kenny Omega as the number 1 seed vs say some up and coming guy who started slow but finished hot and gave Omega a tough match or two but ultimately like in real sports the number 1 seed usually wins just a thought

Yes, this is just proper booking in most cases. It’s what i suggested they do with Cena and the younger influx of talent in the wwe.

Reactions: KaseMeOutside

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
Would love to see a "regular season " to lead to a playoff for their first champ...even if it's a 16 week round Robin leading to a final 4

Morozov

The Devil Killer
Sep 18, 2007
If they're truly trying to make wins and losses matter and portray real sports wouldn't it make sense to have a "regular season" and a post season to crown champions?

Combat sports don't really operate in that way though.

What you could do is have divisional rankings.

IIRC TNA did that at one point.

You don't need a seasonal or sporting structure for wins and losses to matter you just need to actually treat winning and losing as a big deal and not have people trade wins and losses all the time.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
theres a company here that functions like soccer Win 3 points T 1p L 0p and when you reach a certain amount of points, you can challenge the champion.
its a cool idea. (reset at 0 when you cash in... unless wrestling story line )

Reactions: KaseMeOutside

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
Chikara used to do it (may still do). If you won three matches in a row, you'd be able to have a title match.

I like systems like that for promotions that run one show per month, like you regular indy might, but it's a bit awkward for a company that has TV as there may be a lot of time to fill. Not that you couldn't tweak it to work for whatever format the show takes.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
Its a bit odd to me that they don't have any plans for a title yet.

Thought they would crown a champ at Double or Nothing.

So they won't have a champ until All In 2 at least?

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
well. they have champions (sami and pac). maybe they could defend them at the show (without really changing hands).

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
well. they have champions (sami and pac). maybe they could defend them at the show (without really changing hands).

I mean AEW champions.

Where are the Tag and World titles ?

Especially since they talk so much about tag team wrestling and making it the main event.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad