All Elite Wrestling #1: AEW announced TV deal with TNT, partners with B/R Live

Status
Not open for further replies.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Not if you're doing winners and losers. That's what they want to establish. They also didn't know if they could give it enough time.

They also apparently think PAC winning would run into a dead-end, because they he has to move up against Omega or something, and it would be no-good to have one of them lose at the next show.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Couldn’t you turn it into like a 15 minute Ironman match and have it end 1-1?

Like, if it’s a normal match, and then it’s just ends in a time draw, I get that being boo’d, but the Ironman match is the work around.
No it’s not. A draw with no overtime to force a winner isn’t a win or loss which is what AEW is establishing with PPVs.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
You can do draws, I wish it was utilized more. But not on this show.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
My biggest problem is who is paying $50 for a PPV in 2019? And on a holiday weekend when a lot of ppl are with friends and family

I'm with ya brother. I'm missing it. I said the tops I would pay is about 29.99. The PPV means nothing. This is just a fan service PPV with no build and no meaning. $50 is f***ing ridiculous. I think that's a terrible move.

I want to be part of the AEW success and hope wrestlers have multiple places to succeed. But $50 ain't happening. Not in 2019. Not when you can pretty much get PPVs ANYWHERE for 9.99. And not just PPVs, but shows, too. :laugh:

Now like an asshole, I"ll wait for it to hit youtube and watch it there.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I'm with ya brother. I'm missing it. I said the tops I would pay is about 29.99. The PPV means nothing. This is just a fan service PPV with no build and no meaning. $50 is ****ing ridiculous. I think that's a terrible move.

I want to be part of the AEW success and hope wrestlers have multiple places to succeed. But $50 ain't happening. Not in 2019. Not when you can pretty much get PPVs ANYWHERE for 9.99. And not just PPVs, but shows, too. :laugh:

Now like an *******, I"ll wait for it to hit youtube and watch it there.

It's not a PPV without build if you watch Being the Elite and all their social media. No different in that case than All In. This is not WWE.

We'll see if they get enough buys, but I think people forget that even with the jadedness towards WWE, there are definitely a lot of people willing to spend a lot of money on wrestling and almost every single one of those people who think that way do not want this to fail, so they will support it.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
It's not a PPV without build if you watch Being the Elite and all their social media. No different in that case than All In. This is not WWE.

We'll see if they get enough buys, but I think people forget that even with the jadedness towards WWE, there are definitely a lot of people willing to spend a lot of money on wrestling and almost every single one of those people who think that way do not want this to fail, so they will support it.

I'm casually watching and I still stand by my statement. This isn't a "build" to a storyline or big time event. It's going to be fun wrestling and that is about it. This is like an indy supershow. That's all we have. I'll be interested to see what they go for but wrestling does need depth to really take off. Sure they are building a few things. The youtube stuff is fun, IMO. But what comes out of all of this?

Realistically All In was a celebration of frustrated wrestling fans screaming at the top of their lungs that wrestling is still alive and we still believe. All In - Double or Nothing, to me, is a celebration but more-so a look into the future. "Hey.. this is what is on the horizon! Let's go!" And to me they failed in that regard.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I’d pay $50 for AEW. I’d sooner give them my money and give them a chance than I would WWE at this rate. AEW has to go through providers as well and aren’t getting all that money either, although I’d guess B/R alleviates it.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Kenny is the ace there.

Moxley would surpass Page if he signs an exclusive deal.

They’re not putting Page over those two in particular imo

Oct 18, 2011
I presume DGUSA had influence over this and it's just laughable. Their title and promotion would never have gotten more exposure. The fans know wrestling is a work. This wouldn't have hurt them, AEW shouldn't even bother working with companies who are going to try and exert any creative influence

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I presume DGUSA had influence over this and it's just laughable. Their title and promotion would never have gotten more exposure. The fans know wrestling is a work. This wouldn't have hurt them, AEW shouldn't even bother working with companies who are going to try and exert any creative influence
You clearly have no idea how these things work. If you’re running a different promotion, how do you expect to take another’s top champ and have them lose? That rarely happens. I can’t even remember off the top of my head the top champ of a promotion was booked for a different promotions show and ate the pin.

Reactions: SnS

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
the only reason Bucks are AAA champions is to drop it to Lucha Bros next week.... its how it works with other promotions.

Oct 18, 2011
You clearly have no idea how these things work. If you’re running a different promotion, how do you expect to take another’s top champ and have them lose? That rarely happens. I can’t even remember off the top of my head the top champ of a promotion was booked for a different promotions show and ate the pin.
DGUSA is a small time promotion that could've had their promotion have exposure on PPV and network tv. Their fans know what the deal is with wrestling, it's dumb

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
DGUSA is a small time promotion that could've had their promotion have exposure on PPV and network tv. Their fans know what the deal is with wrestling, it's dumb
Dragon Gate is not going to let their top champion eat a pin. That’s just dumb, especially with what they’re trying to do with PAC and building the next star.

I don’t understand why you don’t get that promotions don’t ordinarily let their champs eat pins if they’re being shared to someone else.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
so apparently PAC was always going over Page, the problem was that it would lead to Pac/Omega which they didnt want Omega to lose

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Imagine you’re running a wrestling promotion and your top champ is going to work another promotions show, meanwhile you’re trying to build up the next top face in your promotion to pin the unbeaten champion and the other promotion wants to pin him. Lol, gtfo. No way I would let my champ go to that either, and if my champ is PAC and has the loyalty that he does to DG for all they’ve done for him, I know my champ feels the same way.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
$50 has me pretty disappointed... because I want them to succeed, but $50 ain't it Chief.

I'd do $30.. probably even $34.99, but I'm not paying over that for what feels like a one off PPV

Last edited:
Reactions: ColePens

The Burdened

May 1, 2017
If I were DragonGate, I would've countered that Kenny can beat PAC, but only if Kenny comes over and returns the favor in Japan on one of their shows.

AEW wouldn't have gone for that for a myriad of reasons, but at least DG can say they tried to work something out.

Reactions: Fro

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
$50 has me pretty disappointed... because I want them to succeed, but $50 ain't it Chief.

I'd do $30.. probably even $34.99, but I'm not paying over that for what feels like a one off PPV
And to expand on this... I don't think I'd be willing to pay even $34.99 on a monthly basis for a PPV. So I hope they have some sort of immensely cheaper monthly streaming option planned in the future.

Its just my wife & I, my other buds don't watch as much wrestling as we do (outside of the WWE) and so splitting it between friends is out as an option...

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
And to expand on this... I don't think I'd be willing to pay even $34.99 on a monthly basis for a PPV. So I hope they have some sort of immensely cheaper monthly streaming option planned in the future.

Its just my wife & I, my other buds don't watch as much wrestling as we do (outside of the WWE) and so splitting it between friends is out as an option...

Id agree with what others have said is that AEW might have like 4-6 PPVs instead? If the TV product can grab you I wonder if you'd change your tune on $35 for a good PPV buildup every few months? I think it would definitely change my tune as opposed to a monthly PPV.

Reactions: CPTN71
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad