All-Decade Team: 4RW

Who is the 4th best Flyers RW of the past decade?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
Read had as many shorthanded goals in one season as the entire Flyers team combined last year.
In his prime he could play in any situation, on any line and never looked out of place. But he always seemed to be a bit overlooked because he came in the same year as Couturier and Schenn.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Peak Read was a real good player. Glad to see him winning this poll.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Loved Jagr as a Flyer almost as much as I hated him as a Pen, but he just didn’t play enough games for this franchise to get the nod over Read.

He should have been re-signed. He played 6 more years and 4 of them were very good. He led the Devils in scoring one year and the Panthers in scoring another. Poor decision by Homer.

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
He should have been re-signed. He played 6 more years and 4 of them were very good. He led the Devils in scoring one year and the Panthers in scoring another. Poor decision by Homer.
Didn't Homer try to sign Parise and Suter that summer? When they signed with Minnesota it was too late to re-sign Jagr (and Carle). At least that's how I remember it.

Reactions: Flyersfan1493

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Didn't Homer try to sign Parise and Suter that summer? When they signed with Minnesota it was too late to re-sign Jagr (and Carle). At least that's how I remember it.

Yep. He left Jagr hanging. That summer is when it all went tits up for Homer.

Reactions: LorneMalvo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad