All-Decade Team: 1LW

Who is the Best Flyers Flyers LW of the past decade?

• Oskar Lindblom

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Michael Raffl

• James van Riemsdyk

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Read takes the last RW slot over Jagr.

On to the LWs. No idea how this is gonna go.

Team so far:

_________ - Giroux - Voracek
_________ - Couturier - Simmonds
_________ - Briere - Konecny
_________ - Richards - Read

If there is anyone else that you feel should be included for this poll, let me know in the comments.

Scott Hartnell Stats | Hockey-Reference.com

Oskar Lindblom Stats | Hockey-Reference.com

Michael Raffl Stats | Hockey-Reference.com

Brayden Schenn Stats | Hockey-Reference.com

James van Riemsdyk Stats | Hockey-Reference.com

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Hartnell vs. Schenn here for me..and its a really tough decision.

I think im going Hartnell just based on the strength of that 37 goal season.

P.S. We all know the real best LW was Giroux :sarcasm:

Reactions: BiggE

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Thanks for throwing all these together, by the way.

Hope the hangover wasnt too bad this morning!

No sweat!

Ive had worse but I did feel like shit until about noon. Lots of water and some motrin did the trick lol

PDX Flyer

Lost in the Woods
Nov 13, 2019
Sorry for my ignorance and I’m sure I’m missing the obvious but how do you vote?

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
Ville Leino has basically the same # of games played in this decade for the team as Lindblom does.

Oskar at 138 GP, Ville 124

Also did Brayden really play enough LW to qualify as a LW?

If he did then Laughton should be added as an option as well, though I think you should just not include both and put Leino in

Our LW's are sad over these last 10 years though.

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
Sorry for my ignorance and I’m sure I’m missing the obvious but how do you vote?

There should be an option at the top of the page with the choices and poll question. Although if I remember correctly there may be a period of time from the time you created your account to a certain amount of posts or time since creation where you can't vote in polls on the site until that is fulfilled.

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
Schenn is the most talented of the 5, but he isn't a natural LW and he hit his peak as a center on a different team, so I'll have to go with Hartnell first.

PDX Flyer

Lost in the Woods
Nov 13, 2019
There should be an option at the top of the page with the choices and poll question. Although if I remember correctly there may be a period of time from the time you created your account to a certain amount of posts or time since creation where you can't vote in polls on the site until that is fulfilled.

Thank you for the response. Guess I’m still a rookie

Reactions: pit and PALE PWNR

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Schenn is the most talented of the 5, but he isn't a natural LW and he hit his peak as a center on a different team, so I'll have to go with Hartnell first.

Schenn always played his best hockey in Philly on the LW, but I agree with Hartnell > Schenn.

Reactions: LorneMalvo

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Ville Leino has basically the same # of games played in this decade for the team as Lindblom does.

Oskar at 138 GP, Ville 124

Also did Brayden really play enough LW to qualify as a LW?

If he did then Laughton should be added as an option as well, though I think you should just not include both and put Leino in

Our LW's are sad over these last 10 years though.

Leino played 1 season here after the 2010 Finals, which are not part of this poll. The decade is the 10-11 season to the 19-20 season. He was also a RW, not a LW.

Its hard to figure out what position to slot certain players in the polls but Laughton has certainly played more C then LW for us this past decade and thus was part of the C poll.

I plan on doing 2 × Extra Forward polls so some players that havent made the cut yet will appear there. I will include Leino there too, just for you :thumbu:

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Schenn was better at W than C. I think he easily qualifies as a core player on the decade, and he's only getting there at LW to boot.

That was also part of my thought process. Ultimately we are looking to assemble a team that best represents the decade. Schenn on LW helps accomplish that.

Reactions: LorneMalvo

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
That was also part of my thought process. Ultimately we are looking to assemble a team that best represents the decade. Schenn on LW helps accomplish that.

Yeah I think having Schenn is more important than not having Schenn. Best to have him at a different position that he did actually play than not have him.

Since Leino was mentioned here, maybe we should have a vote for an extra forward or two. Because that HBL line should probably be given a chance for representation.

Leino's hips crumbling to dirt so rapidly does much to make him easy to overlook since he basically vanished.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Maybe we should have a vote for a 7D or 8D to represent the absolute worst dman of the decade, because oh my god can we really look back on the decade without taking a look at THAT particular pile.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Yeah I think having Schenn is more important than not having Schenn. Best to have him at a different position that he did actually play than not have him.

Since Leino was mentioned here, maybe we should have a vote for an extra forward or two. Because that HBL line should probably be given a chance for representation.

Leino's hips crumbling to dirt so rapidly does much to make him easy to overlook since he basically vanished.

Yep we are going to do a 23 man roster so im think 2 extra forwards and 1 extra defensemen.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Hartnell had a great shot on the PP that is for sure. And one of the most entertaining players in the league at the time.

It's an enigma that someone with such poor ability to balance (well relative to the average NHL player. Probably the average AHL player lol) could also generate the amount of shot power that he could.

And his slap passes were the stuff of legend.

I don't think Hartnell was any less aggravating in terms of on-ice mistakes and such than Voracek is. Hartnell's goofiness, I think, defused a lot of that. Not all of it, he still had many a detractor. And similarly with Voracek, I supported Harts overall but completely understood why people would be frustrated.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad