Confirmed with Link: All contracts settled. Buyout window open for 48 hrs

Mr Snrub

I like the way Snrub thinks!
Oct 12, 2016
Don't believe there's anything the Flames can do to just release Hathaway. And despite a lot thinking he's nothing more than waiver fodder, Treliving, right or wrong, clearly likes the guy.

It's interesting that he gets a one way offer while Kulak was only offered a two way.

Probably a greater likelihood of Kulak being sent down than Hathaway.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
I am trying to find something to love Hathaway and I cant. He is nothing more than a 13th forward filling for an injury.

If he is a regular, the Flames are in deep shit

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
I love Hathaway. He's the kinda guy you want on your fourth line

maybe if they have 3 kick ass scoring lines....but they do not.

Even then, Hathaway energy disappears the more he plays

MonyontheMoney

Apr 5, 2015
Because he's a physical guy that stands up for his teammates and makes close to league minimum. Why wouldn't you qualify him? Worst case you bury him.
Because we have like 15 better options up front. Seriously, no reason for him to be on the team, and I’ll be quite upset if he is.

Maybe I’m being critical of a nothing move, but he’s an AHL player.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Because we have like 15 better options up front. Seriously, no reason for him to be on the team, and I’ll be quite upset if he is.

He's going to be sitting in the press box if he makes the team, every team needs guys like him to fill that role that can make an impact when they do actually dress and he can definitely do that.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary

Hathaway was really getting to me last year, he was good at first when he came up, but he faded and hard later on. There was so many plays that died on his stick and he would just kill any momentum that Janks and Bennett had going. It was worse than the lows we have seen from Brouwer.

However I think as long as he’s the 13th forward, he can be effective in small bursts, I hope. But I also want nothing to do with Hathaway being an every day player.

MonyontheMoney

Apr 5, 2015
I would rather Lazar or Quine as the 13th forward. And that’s if none of Mangiapane, Klimchuk, Dube, Foo, etc, step up and take a spot. If they do Hathaway just gets pushed down even further.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I would rather Lazar or Quine as the 13th forward. And that’s if none of Mangiapane, Klimchuk, Dube, Foo, etc, step up and take a spot. If they do Hathaway just gets pushed down even further.

I don’t disagree. I like Lazar better than Hathaway, I think he’s got more to give. And honestly no one has been talking about Quine, I legitimately believe he has 30-35pt upside.

And lastly yeah, Dube might be NHL ready this season but he’s gonna be starting in the AHL no matter what kind of camp he has.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Lazar will be #13 and Hathaway #14. The only "open" spot is on the 4th line (I don't really buy there is one tbh) and none of the kids should be playing on the 4th line, it's better for their development to play top line minutes in Stockton.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
We need to purge our main roster to give these kids a chance imo. Some of them are gonna be gamers and it will be shameful to take away their careers. Either trade them or play them.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
We need to purge our main roster to give these kids a chance imo. Some of them are gonna be gamers and it will be shameful to take away their careers. Either trade them or play them.
How about they EARN spots. None of them have spent more than 3 years in the AHL, so it's not like they are wasting away down there.

Mangianpane looked terrible in the NHL, worse than Hathaway. Why woulds that change over the summer? AHL time will be good for Dube. I love Klimchuk, but he's still waiver exempt and there is still more he can learn in the AHL too.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
I am trying to find something to love Hathaway and I cant. He is nothing more than a 13th forward filling for an injury.

If he is a regular, the Flames are in deep ****

Lyrics are appropriate: "I don't know why you're not fair, I give you my love, but you don't care"

Reactions: InfinityIggy

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
updated

so if Hanifin makes more than 3.68 million it will eat into the cushion for Tkachuk's bonuses

Reactions: Janks

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad