Confirmed with Link: All contracts settled. Buyout window open for 48 hrs

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
Lindholm is the only really one of note here. The others have nothing to lose in arbitration they’re all likely only getting 1-3 years of term

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Doubt any of these get there but if any one of these actually go to arbitration, it'll open up another buyout window.

None of the awards for Rittich, Jankowski, Kulak or Hathaway will be anywhere near high enough for the team to walk away from.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Doubt any of these get there but if any one of these actually go to arbitration, it'll open up another buyout window.

None of the awards for Rittich, Jankowski, Kulak or Hathaway will be anywhere near high enough for the team to walk away from.

It would be a major disappointment if Hathaway is a regular this year. I would walk away with anything above minimum

crackdown44

Dec 1, 2017
Side note, this probably means a Hanifin extension will be announced shortly

SKRusty

Napalm
Jan 20, 2016
Y

You wouldn’t be able to do so.

Any Team can walk away from an arbitration award.

When the decision is announced, the team has the right to decline or walk away from the award. If the team exercises this right, the player can declare himself an unrestricted free agent.

I would not be surprised to see Hathaway's award being turned down and it would not surprise me to see Brouwer bought out giving Tre a little more time to find deals.

Last edited:

MonyontheMoney

Apr 5, 2015

I would not be surprised to see Hathaway's award being turned down and it would not surprise me to see Brouwer bought out giving Tre a little more time to find deals.

From an article discussing Spooner’s arbitration:

The Bruins can only walk away from the decision if the award is worth more than $4,084,219 per season, per CapFriendly. Anything less than that, Spooner is theirs

The arbitrators decision is not binding if the award is over a certain amount which changes each year. It is binding below that mark or if the team filed for arbitration.

Lunatik

Normal is an illusion.
Oct 12, 2012
Padded Room

Can't walk away unless it is over $4 million or something

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
I feel theu all get signed before arbitration, Lindholm and to a much lesser extent Janko, they are the only two difficult contracts to negotiate. The other 3 should be easy, low money 1-2 year deal.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Not sure why you just don't walk away from Hathaway rather than having to go to Arbitration. The guy shouldn't an NHL regular, and while his AHL production is nice... Nothing you can't amend by signing an older vet to do the same thing. Hell, send Brouwer down there for all his intangibles and shit.

Jankowski's will be easier than you think. 25% of his goals came in one meaningless end of season game.

He'll probably get a deal similar to Bennett's.

Worth noting, he also scored 6 of his other goals when Bennett was our best player during that mid-Nov/mid-December stretch.

Essentially the guy scored 6 goals outside a hot streak from another player, and a meaningless game.

Lindholm's the one that could be shitty, but I think that they'll get most of these wrapped up before it goes to arb.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Not sure about Janko and Lindholm, but I'm guessing the other guys are fighting for a one way contract or more money on a two way contract.

SKRusty

Napalm
Jan 20, 2016
Jankowski's will be easier than you think. 25% of his goals came in one meaningless end of season game.

He'll probably get a deal similar to Bennett's.

Actually if anything it gives Janko consideration for more money as it did show when Mark is played with talented players he is able to produce. It was the only game of the year where he was given that opportunity. In arbitration point totals weigh very heavily and it does not matter when you score them.

Not sure why you just don't walk away from Hathaway rather than having to go to Arbitration. The guy shouldn't an NHL regular, and while his AHL production is nice... Nothing you can't amend by signing an older vet to do the same thing. Hell, send Brouwer down there for all his intangibles and ****.

Worth noting, he also scored 6 of his other goals when Bennett was our best player during that mid-Nov/mid-December stretch.

Essentially the guy scored 6 goals outside a hot streak from another player, and a meaningless game.

Lindholm's the one that could be ****ty, but I think that they'll get most of these wrapped up before it goes to arb.

Again shows when Janko has talented players around him he is very effective.

That said I believe Janko will get a show me contract around 2 years in length and that it will be announced soon as there will be very few stumbling blocks. Largest point will be a one way contract.

crackdown44

Dec 1, 2017
Apparently lindholm was asking 5 in Carolina. I’d like to see him locked up long-ish term at a discount. Say 5 years/4ish per

Agree with everyone on Janko. 2 year bridge, 1.5-2ish per

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Not sure why you just don't walk away from Hathaway rather than having to go to Arbitration. The guy shouldn't an NHL regular, and while his AHL production is nice... Nothing you can't amend by signing an older vet to do the same thing. Hell, send Brouwer down there for all his intangibles and ****.
They qualified him so he didn't become a UFA. Arbitration is then his right. No where in between the two can the team walk away.

But I don't know why we'd worry. All Arbitration means is that the contract amount should be fair. And in Hathaway's case, low is fair.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Hathaway will make for a fine 12th, 13th or 14th forward. He'll get the occasional game, provide some energy and what not and won't block better prospects from progressing.

What more do people want from extra forwards? The hate is odd; yeah Gulutzan overplayed him but that's largely on Gulutzan (and to a lesser extent, Treliving for the lack of depth). Arbitration is mainly to get him a one way deal so even if he is waived and sent down, he'll still get paid an NHL salary.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->