Speculation: All Complaints/Critiques/Defenses of Leafs RFA Deals vis a vis Rantanen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
6 years, 9.25 aav

source.gif

Let’s get the resident photoshop expert to photoshop Kyle Dubas’ face into this gif

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Makes Dubas and the Leafs look even dumber now

Reactions: ultra63

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I know you anti-leafers are gonna have a field day with this one

I'm very still content with every deal the leafs have made so far

It's weird how Leaf personnel can do no wrong. Until they can do no right. And then their replacement can do no wrong.

Dubas really needs to hire somebody to negotiate for him. He got embarrassed this summer. Either there's a problem with Dubas, or there's a problem with the players wanting every penny they can get. But something's not right when you're paying 3 of the 7 highest AAVs in the league, claiming "the league has changed," and then when you find out it hasn't changed at all, you resort to "I am fully satisfied anyway."

Skolman

Feb 16, 2018
I know you anti-leafers are gonna have a field day with this one

I'm very still content with every deal the leafs have made so far
Of course you are.

Dubas could have signed Marner for 13 mil per and you'd be "content" with it.

WetcoastOrca

Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Not to beat a dead horse but...

For the next four years, MacKinnon/Rantanen will cost Colorado $7M less than Toronto's paying Matthews/Marner.
And it’s not just taxes either. Top tax rate in Colorado is 44%. So it’s not that low. Not sure if Rantanen pays Finnish taxes but if he does they are really high.

Boutette

Been there done that
Sep 28, 2017
$1.6M is more than a “bit”

Marner had a much higher 9/60 than Ratanen last year. Colorado has no scoring depth (Kadri doesn't really fix that on his own). Ratanen had to play 20% more each night to manage 10 pts less than Marner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->